Final Four

A-Tex Devil

also, that mythical 06-07 Texas team would have been on the short list for most dominant teams ever. had nobody from 2006 left early, our team would have been:

PG- DJ Augustin

SG- Boobie Gibson

SF- Kevin Durant 

PF- PJ Tucker

PF/C- LaMarcus Aldridge 

key bench players include AJ Abrams, Damion James, and Connor Atchley. that team would almost certainly have gone undefeated and met an undefeated Florida in the title game. what a matchup that would have been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I can't imagine how giddy I would be if I were a Carolina fan. It's just the ultimate fuck you /schadenfreude win. I'm not even that into college basketball per se, but given the specifics of the history/rivalry, the finality of K's career, the back drop off the final four and their first tournament game ever against each other, Hubert Davis as a first year coach and Carolina coming in to the tourney as essentially a bubble team, I can't imagine a bigger fuck you to Duke. 

Duke and K spent their entire basketball existence to overcome Dean Smith and his death grip on every aspect of the ACC. And fuck if K didn't outlast him and finally, truly, they surpassed UNC over the last several years. They just had all that taken away in one night, by an 8 seed with a coach in his first year and in the fucking final four, in just about the most excruciating way possible. I can't recall a bigger walk off, drop the mic, fuck you win in sports. Someone mentioned the final a&m game, but that game would have only compared if the winner would have gone on to play in the title game instead of two middling teams playing just for pride. 

I agree it was a huge win and UNC students are probably waking up still hammered today. Couple of things though:

UNC has a more recent title, and 2 (now 3 I guess) title game appearances since Duke's last. I think the 2015 Duke title definitely swung the pendulum to their side as the better program - but it had already swung back quite a bit before last night's game (which maybe makes the loss even worse, honestly). UNC had 4 titles to K's 5 while he was there - and the MJ title not long before K arrived.

UNC needs to beat Kansas to really twist the knife deep. If they don't, Duke gets the "yeah but then you lost the title game so who cares" response and it's still a "who can win one first" post Roy and K race. If they do beat Kansas then I might say everything you did times two. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't imagine how giddy I would be if I were a Carolina fan. It's just the ultimate fuck you /schadenfreude win. I'm not even that into college basketball per se, but given the specifics of the history/rivalry, the finality of K's career, the back drop off the final four and their first tournament game ever against each other, Hubert Davis as a first year coach and Carolina coming in to the tourney as essentially a bubble team, I can't imagine a bigger fuck you to Duke. 
Duke and K spent their entire basketball existence to overcome Dean Smith and his death grip on every aspect of the ACC. And fuck if K didn't outlast him and finally, truly, they surpassed UNC over the last several years. They just had all that taken away in one night, by an 8 seed with a coach in his first year and in the fucking final four, in just about the most excruciating way possible. I can't recall a bigger walk off, drop the mic, fuck you win in sports. Someone mentioned the final a&m game, but that game would have only compared if the winner would have gone on to play in the title game instead of two middling teams playing just for pride. 

All of this…plus UNC prison raped them in K’s last home game that some fools supposedly paid $80K for tickets to attend? Gotta be some good vibes in Mack Brown country