Mount Rushmore of Texas Message Board Posters

Uncle Boobs

Texas message boards have been around for more than 2 decades. Who goes on Mount Rushmore?

1. Derka. Always passionate. Often over the top. Occasionally an asshole. Usually long winded. A message board fixture.

2. Mr. Phlegm. The crazy grandpa. Consistently unintelligible. Consistently annoying. Consistently hilarious. Is he still alive? His rare moments of clarity on Florida and Disney World threads bring you deep into his loving soul.

3. Ramjet. Quietly dropping photoshops for over a decade. No "look at me" persona. Consistently producing fast reliable photoshops with little fanfare.

4. Grendel. A man of the world. A ladies man. An idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

TxTow, the chick who helped hacksaw her boyfriend’s ex, TOR and Texanne

Wait, what the fuck's the story with this?  I don't remember that at all, but I should.  

43 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wait, what the fuck's the story with this?  I don't remember that at all, but I should.  

39 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Came here for the co sign 

He's referencing Laura Hall- the chick who helped Colton Pitonyak dismember Jennifer Cave back in 2005. She showed up on Hornfans shortly after the incident.

• Hook 'Em 1

I remember that crime from Austin news.  After dismembering a human body, her first instinct was to register on a UT message board? What the fuck?

What was her username?  How long did she stay?  And how was she outed as Laura Hall?  I'll use the search feature but I'm guessing somebody on here has more inside baseball info on the whole deal.  

Just saw somebody couple years ago mention he was at a friend's house and two random girls came over to hang out.  One of them weirded out the poster.  Turns out it was Laura Hall and this was just a matter of days/weeks after the murder.  

Shitty to think that she's out free now, walking among us.  Probably posting among us for all we know? 

Edited by Lobo
not many mentions of her on this site, I'm sure Katy deleted all of her posts from hornfans ages ago

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What was her username?  How long did she stay?

I don't remember her username and she didn't stay long. My memory on the specifics are a little fuzzy with it being so long ago but here's what I recall. 

We had a thread on the topic and it had gotten pretty long by the time Pityonak & Hall were arrested. IIRC she showed up not super long after their arrest- a handful of days or a week after maybe. She started posting in defense of Colton and I believe posted a bit negatively about Cave as well. At some point during all of this she also got into a long-ish DM/chat exchange with one of the posters who then added the chat/DM log to the thread.

• Like 1

That's so fucking weird.  I'm guessing she wanted to see the public sentiment about her and Colton so she googled various combos of their names and some thread on hornfans. com hit on the first couple pages so she got sucked in late one night.  Once in, realized it could be an outlet for her to advocate for Colton while casting dispersions on Cave, all as anonymous Texas fan.  

Thanks for the look-back, however demented.  Well I suppose there should be two Mount Rushmore then of Texas posters.  One for really prolific posters and then one for posters who've committed the most heinous crimes---Laura Hall & TxTow are certainly the clubhouse leaders in my book.  

40 minutes ago, KaiserSoze said:

I don't remember her username and she didn't stay long. My memory on the specifics are a little fuzzy with it being so long ago but here's what I recall. 

We had a thread on the topic and it had gotten pretty long by the time Pityonak & Hall were arrested. IIRC she showed up not super long after their arrest- a handful of days or a week after maybe. She started posting in defense of Colton and I believe posted a bit negatively about Cave as well. At some point during all of this she also got into a long-ish DM/chat exchange with one of the posters who then added the chat/DM log to the thread.

IIRC, there was one poster who really kept up with the day to day during the trial who started referring to Laura Hall as “it” rather than Laura, she, her, etc, and that’s what set this person off. My memory is Swiss cheese as a result of bourbon and bong water so I could be totally off on that…