2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

It’s probably exaggerated in my mind due to the enormity of the Benintendi catch and defensive clinic from Kiermaier in the ‘20 ALCS, but Bregman seems to have atrociously bad luck in key situations relative to the other marquee guys.

41 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

It’s probably exaggerated in my mind due to the enormity of the Benintendi catch and defensive clinic from Kiermaier in the ‘20 ALCS, but Bregman seems to have atrociously bad luck in key situations relative to the other marquee guys.

Counterpoint: Game 5.

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not sure he can bump goodrum ?

There’s actually a small chance that he gets DFA with the roster cut to 26 today. With Altuve coming back, 3 have to go. They currently have 15 pitchers and 13 position players. At least 1 pitcher (probably Mushinki)  has to be cut as the max pitchers is 14, I imagine they go that route with the upcoming schedule. That would mean 2 position players have to go. Matijevic is obviously 1. Goodrum could be the other. 

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

There’s actually a small chance that he gets DFA with the roster cut to 26 today. With Altuve coming back, 3 have to go. They currently have 15 pitchers and 13 position players. At least 1 pitcher (probably Mushinki)  has to be cut as the max pitchers is 14, I imagine they go that route with the upcoming schedule. That would mean 2 position players have to go. Matijevic is obviously 1. Goodrum could be the other. 

Oh please, oh please, oh please.  Start stacking that dead money. No sense wasting a roster spot just b/c we have to pay them.  Would rather pay them to sit at home than pay them to hit 2nd or 3rd or 5th or whatever other asinine idea that pops into Dusty's head.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

They aren't getting rid of Goodrum this early.  I think they send down Martinez and Blanco and keep Mushinski.  Those two can't be used in anything other than blowouts anyway.  

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

That lineup fucks....but let's see for how long.  I am sure Wednesday someone will be getting off.  

Hey man, other than games 3, 4,5 of the LCS, WS, guys won’t be playing 3 days in a row when it counts anyway /Dustylogic

(But seriously, yeah, no way in hell Altuve starts 3 games in 3 days)

15 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

space city nights are gonna suck if we keep having Odorizzi start on them. Is it me or has he just been flat awful at Minute Maid?

He was semi-serviceable at home last year (3.83 ERA) but I’m sure recency bias—the hour warmup game in the LCS before giving up the grand slam and not getting out of the first the home opener series — have skewed your perception

but yeah, he’s still shitty