2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I'm in the Perez fan club

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Well considering their success with the pitchers, McCormick, and Pena; Perez developing wouldn't be that shocking.

I like Perez too, but the #1 ability is availability….not sure he’s going to check that box.

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Social media manager got a cement mixer thrown his way and didn't miss. 

They must have a new guy/girl this year, trying to take a page from the Giants account.

Past years, very bland/PC/just the facts.

this year a lot of posts like that  

14 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Our starting rotation is sneaky elite. And if LMJ’s pussy ever heals, it will be Mariana Trench deep. 

Yep. And Whitley is going to be good. And Brown too. It really really really argues for signing Tucker and Alvarez long term and adding a big bat at the deadline or into FA next year. 
When you have basically 5 starting pitchers that aren’t making dick and LMJ at 18 million which is nothing, plus cheap and good players at CF, SS, LF (I’m counting Chaz), and Catcher (question mark) there’s no reason not to extend your two best bats and load up at 1B too while you are at it. Altuve feels like a lifer but his next contract gets cheaper. Bregman I’m fine with seeing walk at 30 years old over giving him a 7 year type deal. 
I guess if JV wants to keep going on 1 year deals you might be looking at 40 or so to bring him back. You could do that with Javier, Garcia, Urquidy, Brown, Whitley, LMJ and Framber locked up and making collectively less than 40 million, but damn, I mean really. 
I’d be fine with packaging 2 of Urquidy, Garcia and Framber if it meant a middle of the order Bat at 1B or LF, if we do bring JV back. 
it’s pretty fucking nuts if we are being honest. And that doesn’t even count guys like Bielack who are pretty decent options for bringing up a guy that could probably pitch for a month as a starter and give you competitive outings. 

12 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Needs to be Chas spot going forward. Then have another competition whenever Meyers gets back

Dusty hates Chaz. I don’t get it.  Siri needs to get sent down or Dusty will play him. Like, literally if you want Chaz to play every day you need to get rid of everyone other than him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Dusty hates Chaz. I don’t get it.  Siri needs to get sent down or Dusty will play him. Like, literally if you want Chaz to play every day you need to get rid of everyone other than him. 

To Click's credit, that's why he traded Straw last year