2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

some here were massively overreacting ten or so days ago

The way we were hitting (or not hitting), I feared we'd struggle to win 85. Now we look like a serious contender again. The starting pitchers have been amazing. 

My girlfriend was completed befuddled why I was screaming for every out and then irate when I wouldn’t answer her asking after every out why I was so in to a random Tuesday May ballgame.

one thing I did notice, the broadcast didn’t show R H E going to break. Only runs.

is that normal? Saving space for an ad? Or did the producer really chop off the hits to avoid a jinx?

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

My girlfriend was completed befuddled why I was screaming for every out and then irate when I wouldn’t answer her asking after every out why I was so in to a random Tuesday May ballgame.

one thing I did notice, the broadcast didn’t show R H E going to break. Only runs.

is that normal? Saving space for an ad? Or did the producer really chop off the hits to avoid a jinx?

I didn't notice the whole game, but they showed it all in the 4th or 5th inning going to break because I remember looking at it.  

4 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Sorry guys, my cousin mentioned the No-hitter right before that line drive single in the 8th. My family let us all down and I carry that shame with me like a rotting carcass hanging around my neck.

Your cousin will love the gulag. 

49 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Today, Will Clark (I know) was on sports radio in the Bay Area, and he talked about how Dusty Baker was the best hitting coach he ever had and how much Dusty helped him.

It should be on the KNBR podcast channel later today if not there already.

240BD054-F04E-4052-A502-DE7804A0F294.jpeg.3d65be433f4e3f4fbfcfedad1541a21f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Today, Will Clark (I know) was on sports radio in the Bay Area, and he talked about how Dusty Baker was the best hitting coach he ever had and how much Dusty helped him.

It should be on the KNBR podcast channel later today if not there already.

"They might have our signs, let's change our signs."

The Office Thank You GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I did think it was funny when I read that his answering machine played a recording of BB King's "The Thrill is Gone." Also, I have an affinity for fellow grads of Jesuit highs schools, unless that school is in Dallas. But yeah, he was an Astro-killer for sure, and I've heard the same rumors of dickishness.

https://youtu.be/oica5jG7FpU

29 minutes ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

per a friend that had to interact met him, world class dick 

I could tell that by looking at his dick face

Fify

He literally looks like a penis head in that clip above 

Edited by UTexasFight

I may not have caught the numbers right but I think Ford just said that last night JV tied Randy Johnson for 2nd most times taking a no-hitter into the 8th in the expansion era with 8.  Nolan had 23.

8 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

I saw it for several innings show hits 

• Like 1