2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, UTexasFight said:

I like this one better

For sure. 
Its hard to be too mad about any inning where one guy makes 2 outs bc by definition you have to have scored a minimum of 4 runs, but most of the time probably more. I always imagine that guy gets shit talked when that happens. 
the ultimate, of course, is Fernando Tatis Sr. Legendary. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

For sure. 
Its hard to be too mad about any inning where one guy makes 2 outs bc by definition you have to have scored a minimum of 4 runs, but most of the time probably more. I always imagine that guy gets shit talked when that happens. 
the ultimate, of course, is Fernando Tatis Sr. Legendary. 

Yeah. I feel like the situation you are describing was the reason “kangaroo court” was invented.

And still maybe my favorite part about Tatis Sr is that both were off the same guy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah. I feel like the situation you are describing was the reason “kangaroo court” was invented.

And still maybe my favorite part about Tatis Sr is that both were off the same guy 

That is absolutely incredible that they left him in to wear it such that one guy could hit two GS off him. The world was a different place back then. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Maton does not currently instill confidence. Unless it's by opposing batters. 

He was pretty shitty last year (regular season). His major league track record has been pretty shitty. He’s been pretty shitty this year. In his defense his peripherals have always been better than his actual numbers suggested they should be. 
he was awesome in the playoffs last year. His stuff was great. But that guy hasn’t been the norm throughout his career. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He was pretty shitty last year (regular season). His major league track record has been pretty shitty. He’s been pretty shitty this year. In his defense his peripherals have always been better than his actual numbers suggested they should be. 
he was awesome in the playoffs last year. His stuff was great. But that guy hasn’t been the norm throughout his career. 

Can't say any of that is wrong. I keep thinking he'll turn the corner for good one day, but it's looking unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. Stanek get the last 2?  Stanek and the AAA lefty?  

Not sure who you are referring to as AAA lefty....don't think you mean Taylor, and we have no other L RPs on the active roster.  

Martinez gets added for 2nd game only and is R anyway 

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That is absolutely incredible that they left him in to wear it such that one guy could hit two GS off him. The world was a different place back then. 

yeah…in the sense that today Brett Phillips /position player would be giving up the second GS.

34 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Just realize Congerbot is Twins 1st base coach. Knew he was hired somewhere but didn't remember where

Idk why but the other day I was thinking about who I’d want to see if the Astros did a reunion/old timers day/game.

Conger, for some reason, was the first name that came to mind.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Not sure who you are referring to as AAA lefty....don't think you mean Taylor, and we have no other L RPs on the active roster.  

Martinez gets added for 2nd game only and is R anyway 

I thought mushawhatever was still up. Missed him getting sent down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Can't say any of that is wrong. I keep thinking he'll turn the corner for good one day, but it's looking unlikely. 

Certainly doesn’t seem like the kind of guy a 3 WAR CF with 4 years of club control is worthy of, but maybe the catcher they got in the minors ends up being really good. 
If we’d have won the WS last year I’d have exempted that trade from ever being something to wonder about in the same way I do the Teoscar deal, as he was pretty damn integral to the post season run last year. 

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I love Deshaies 

I know some of y’all love Blum but he’s never done it for me. Give me back Deshaies any day 

Yeah Deshaies rules.  

Blum has grown on me because I think he has backed off all the dumbass dad jokes, but Kalas can kick rocks.  He can't keep shit straight.  2 nights ago he was calling Chas "Tucker" when he was up at bat as Tucker was on base.  Alzheimer's is a helluva thing 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah Deshaies rules.  
Blum has grown on me because I think he has backed off all the dumbass dad jokes, but Kalas can kick rocks.  He can't keep shit straight.  2 nights ago he was calling Chas "Tucker" when he was up at bat as Tucker was on base.  Alzheimer's is a helluva thing 

Wait, he has Alzheimer's? I just assumed he's a drunk.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Blummer is awesome. 

he really is. I didn't think Deshaies could be topped in the booth as a color guy but Blummer is very good at it as well. 

Astros fans have been blessed with some exceptional talent in the booth over the last five decades. ( those two unremarkable radio doofuses from the bad years notwithstanding)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1