2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I wasn’t a big Milo fan

Same here. He was coasting on his rep by the time he got to Houston. 

But I loved Dierker in the TV booth and even Ashby before he became a dirty creep. 

Robert Ford has developed into a star imo.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I wasn’t a big Milo fan

Maybe it was because he was at the mic when I was kid and started loving the game, but Milo and Dierker in the 90s was, maybe still is, my favorite broadcasting combo.

But Milo, like the brick red pinstripe jerseys, held on for about 10 years too long.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

From that link, Dusty once batted three times in an inning...against the Astros.  Homered, singled, and grounded out to SS for the 3rd out.  The Braves scored 13 in the bottom of the 2nd.  The Astros used 7 pitchers in the game, which had to have been a shit ton for back then.

https://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1972/B09200ATL1972.htm

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

But I loved Dierker in the TV booth and even Ashby before he became a dirty creep. 

Ford and sparks are soooo good together. I think with the right person, their styles could translate if they ever split up but I hope we never have to find out.

my biggest pet peeve lately has been MLB.tv’s inability to consistently sync up the radio broadcast audio with the video.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ford and sparks are soooo good together. I think with the right person, their styles could translate if they ever split up but I hope we never have to find out.

my biggest pet peeve lately has been MLB.tv’s inability to consistently sync up the radio broadcast audio with the video.

they’re great !

Tucker not getting to 100 runs this year because of the trash behind him is going to be infuriating. going to miss out on one of those “the only other people to do that are Mays, Aaron, Bonds” type stats, where the “that” is 30+ HRs, 2Bs, SBs and 100+ RBI, runs

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Milo was on the level of Old Freak Nasty with the women interns.