2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

18 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Here's a topic for an off day:  who is the Niko Goodrum of surly posters.

I’d say @cabowabo  They both strikeout a lot, usually only surface in losing situations and each has disappeared from my sight. One was optioned and the other is on ignore.  

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

BTW-MLB net work had an incredible Astro stat the other day. 75 MLB players last year were either signed or drafted by Houston. 23 more than the next closest organization. (Twenty F’n three!) Run the numbers and let that stat soke in for a moment. Jeff Luhnow was indeed a Wizard!

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, DallasGatr said:

BTW-MLB net work had an incredible Astro stat the other day. 75 MLB players last year were either signed or drafted by Houston. 23 more than the next closest organization. (Twenty F’n three!) Run the numbers and let that stat soke in for a moment. Jeff Luhnow was indeed a Wizard!

I like crane. A lot. Him getting rid of Luhnow zero sense from a doing your job perspective. My guess is  that the pressure from MLB was intense and he folded. IT could be that Luhnow is that abrasive. Maybe it was ego and all the fawning articles about Luhnow. At any rate, that guy might have done his job better than any GM since Branch Rickey. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Was just thinking that same thought. Bet we are still behind Yanks, Mets, Dodgers, Padres and Angels. We come in a smooth 6th place. Because reasons. 

Good thing the Astros don't have to impress the Playoff Committee...

Pretty sure that what outsiders say of the Astros matters little, if any, to the team. But I do hope they feed off the ongoing dismissal. In addition to MLB's perennial worship of the mighty Yankees, Dodgers and Cards, they're so ready to anoint the Angels and even the Padres. Sure would be fun to fun to take another title when MLB would prefer literally any other team win it. 

36 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Pretty sure that what outsiders say of the Astros matters little, if any, to the team. But I do hope they feed off the ongoing dismissal. In addition to MLB's perennial worship of the mighty Yankees, Dodgers and Cards, they're so ready to anoint the Angels and even the Padres. Sure would be fun to fun to take another title when MLB would prefer literally any other team win it. 

all those other teams see us #1

7 hours ago, DallasGatr said:

Cashman is sleeve of wizard

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Is it plausible for Castro to be DFA'd for Korey Lee to get promoted at some point this season?

Castro's contract is up at the end of this season.  Maldy's is up after the 2023 season.  Would make sense for him to be called up to the big leagues full time next season.  Gets to spend a full year with Maldy and the pitching staff while catching only every 4th or 5th game.

6 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Also, Lee is hitting .221/.270/.435 in AAA, and is striking out 28% of the time. He’s not exactly forcing his way to the big leagues right now. 

So would you say that translates to .113/.200/.238, 33% K rate at the next level?

Not great Bob.gif

Per sparky : Whitley is two weeks away from a rehab assignment. He looks and is carrying himself more mature. Looks like he’s ready to make his mark. Throwing explosively, ball coming out of his hand great. Thinks he’s going to make an impact for years !

brown is mlb ready, throws four pitches 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2