2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Per sparky : Whitley is two weeks away from a rehab assignment. He looks and is carrying himself more mature. Looks like he’s ready to make his mark. Throwing explosively, ball coming out of his hand great. Thinks he’s going to make an impact for years !

brown is mlb ready, throws four pitches 

I’m just saying- 2022 will forever be known as the year of our Whitley. All the stock I’ve bought up of his from this board when it went over to the penny exchange about to pay off bigly. 

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m just saying- 2022 will forever be known as the year of our Whitley. All the stock I’ve bought up of his from this board when it went over to the penny exchange about to pay off bigly. 

I’d be happy with a minor league win, string of dominate games 

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I 100% hope you’re right.

I’m also happy to idly sit by and watch you go to the moon…. Or crash and burn. You can have all of the glory planting that flag… or digging your own grave dying alone on that hill.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I 100% hope you’re right.

I’m also happy to idly sit by and watch you go to the moon…. Or crash and burn. You can have all of the glory planting that flag… or digging your own grave dying alone on that hill.

I feel like there is one more person on the thread with me building deluxe apartments in the sky on Whitley Island but I can’t remember who it is. 
Diamond Hands man. Sometimes it just takes pitchers a minute to figure it out and put it together. He seems like he could be on the schilling development track. He has the stuff. If he’s got his head in straight and he’s over his injuries why not him?  Why not now? 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Also, Lee is hitting .221/.270/.435 in AAA, and is striking out 28% of the time. He’s not exactly forcing his way to the big leagues right now. 

Yeah I was thinking after a Lee hot streak and if Castor stays on the current trajectory

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Just for shits and giggles:

9 appearances at AAA this year:

16.1 IP, 2.20 ERA, 0.98 whip, 14 Ks, 5 BBs…if the Phillies haven’t done it by October, they better call up Mark Appel when they come to Houston for the last series of the year.

star wars GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Peña having injuries that take longer to heal than anticipated indicates to me he truly is our next Carlos Correa 

Remember when we freaked out because we thought this was going to destroy his shoulder?

https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-images/image/private/t_16x9/mlb/qng6bqymyjy8ixpmnu9w.mp4

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 1.43.48 PM.png

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Peña having injuries that take longer to heal than anticipated indicates to me he truly is our next Carlos Correa 

It’s almost like our F.O. is trying to make sure the Peña/Correa comparisons last as long as possible?

”correa is out until at least Wednesday? We better sit Peña. Don’t want him having way more games played and people point to that as reason why his numbers are so much better.”

althiugh I’m sure the official line is “chance of rain. We didn’t want to risk him slipping on a wet blade of grass. They can keep it mowed pretty high here you know.”

• Haha 1

So this game is on MLBtv, right?  Except in DFW, because of moronic blackout rules, I guess.  No legal way to watch any Astros game here except maybe Sunday Night baseball that I'm aware of, so zero qualms about doing it unauthorized.  Manfred is such a doofus.

Got the stream going again, so no big deal, just annoying.