2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I really don’t get it - I was expecting big things. He was filthy in the playoffs and with a full offseason to work with our methods…weird it’s gone the other way. 

He got married in November. 

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Bad luck on Odorizzi, but the relievers have been dog meat. And several of our better hitters being out to lunch hasn't helped a bit. Just a feeble effort all around to this point. 

So feeble that they are only tied for first with the second best record in the league.  Buncha scrubs out there.  Burn it down!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

So feeble that they are only tied for first with the second best record in the league.  Buncha scrubs out there.  Burn it down!

that's true, i mean we did lose 2 of the last 14 games.

16 minutes ago, kevwun said:

In that case, I assume they have already amputated his leg.

His right one 

but seriously, Achilles was my initial reaction

i really hope he is fine just for the shit he would get from the clubhouse for reacting like he was shot. A little harder to make fun of a guy if he has a year + recovery ahead of him 

106A4300-B148-4DFD-B47F-F2B88341F77A.jpeg

Saw an interesting Twitter poll today asking  if you could only give one Bregman-like 5yr/$100M extension, who would give it to, Alvarez or Tucker? They both are the same, club control wise. Tucker has more tools but none are close to Yordan’s hitting prowess. I’ve thought about it a lot and I really can’t decide. 

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Saw an interesting Twitter poll today asking  if you could only give one Bregman-like 5yr/$100M extension, who would give it to, Alvarez or Tucker? They both are the same, club control wise. Tucker has more tools but none are close to Yordan’s hitting prowess. I’ve thought about it a lot and I really can’t decide. 

Alvarez. Tools are cool. Unless you are talking about gold glove caliber defense at SS, C or CF they all pale in comparison to bat. 

Yeah, that poll is tasty.

i think I lean Tucker just because of the tools/less of a potential liability in the field/ Yordan seems more of a risk to fall victim to the “olds”, but those are all concerns for circa 2029-2031.

If the 5 years in question are ~2024-2028, woof. That’s hard 

I’d say Alvarez. His bat is elite and has been since he entered the league.

Tucker’s bat is very good, his defense is good, his base running is good, etc.

But I’d take the elite hitter over the very good all-around player. 

A536B4CD-06D4-4E03-89A8-CFA86E8FA05C.thumb.jpeg.eb8df60b570790052c91b058dda30d02.jpeg

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 3