2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

It sure will be nice to get LMJ and Jake Meyers back.  It would also be nice if they are still good players when they return.  For y'all GM types, any chance they would call up Leon or Brown this season?  Korey Lee?  If Siri and McCormick stay the same is it more likely Leon gets the call up?  If no starting pitchers get injured or start underperforming, would there be any reason to call up Brown? If Castro and Machete continue to suck this bad at hitting, would Lee be an option? I don't know shit about any of their service time and how that might affect these decisions.

18 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

For y'all GM types, any chance they would call up Leon or Brown this season?  Korey Lee?  If Siri and McCormick stay the same is it more likely Leon gets the call up?  If no starting pitchers get injured or start underperforming, would there be any reason to call up Brown? If Castro and Machete continue to suck this bad at hitting, would Lee be an option? I don't know shit about any of their service time and how that might affect these decisions.

Of the three, I’d guess that Brown is most likely to get meaningful MLB time. Service time considerations are probably not all that important, as none of the 3 are particularly young (by prospect standards) or project to be superstars.

Leon in striking out in 1 out of every 3 plate appearances in AAA. I’m not sure he’ll be ready to contribute in 2022. Lee is hitting .216/.264/.425 and striking out almost as frequently as Leon. I wouldn’t count on either of them for much of anything this year. Brown could be a bullpen arm or spot starter later in the season. Based on his BB%, he still has some control/command issues. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Bregman can work on new recipes tonight36c718b4222c4f068924cbc0da575f8f.jpg

The good thing about hitting Diaz third is even though it's absurd that he hits that high, we won't notice any difference between that and Bregmans recent production.  

And yes, I know, optmizing batting lineup isn't the biggest deal in the world. But still so dumb. 

Hell, use it as an opportunity to challenge Pena a little bit and see what that looks like...

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

After an initial fear that he’d ruptured his Achilles tendon, Jake Odorizzi said he received “best case scenario” news after an MRI on Tuesday. 

Odorizzi said some ligaments and tendons around his ankle and foot are aggravated, but his Achilles is intact and he will be able to pitch again this season. A timeline for his return is unclear, but Odorizzi is off crutches

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Ha, I hope he gets shit for being carted off the field for an ankle sprain.

Yeah posted that yesterday.

i fully expect next time he walks in the clubhouse there is a tombstone in front of his locker surrounding by flowers and a picture of him laying facedown at Fenway 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And yes, I know, optmizing batting lineup isn't the biggest deal in the world. But still so dumb. 

It really, really is. Why would you intentionally reduce your run production probabilities, even if the reduction is slight? It just doesn’t make any sense and isn’t justifiable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The good thing about hitting Diaz third is even though it's absurd that he hits that high, we won't notice any difference between that and Bregmans recent production.  

Hell, use it as an opportunity to challenge Pena a little bit and see what that looks like...

Peña is being challenged to replace Correa  and being a mlb rookie on a World Series contender, what other challenges should he face and why ?

44 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Peña is being challenged to replace Correa  and being a mlb rookie on a World Series contender, what other challenges should he face and why ?

He could hit 3rd today and see how that goes. Hitting in front of Alvarez might even make his life easier. 
not every day but, you know, rather than hitting Goodrum (I know he’s gone) or Diaz in premium offensive spots. 

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He could hit 3rd today and see how that goes. Hitting in front of Alvarez might even make his life easier. 
not every day but, you know, rather than hitting Goodrum (I know he’s gone) or Diaz in premium offensive spots. 

If we were a .500 team, I’d say yes, change things up