2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Can we actually strike some of these fucks out jesus christ they put everything in play
Ok this is getting stupid....now he K's the side

Let me aim higher.....

Can Salma Hayek walk into this brewery i am at right now and blow me in the restroom

51 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Their 2-4 mash the fuck out of the ball.

Yeah- that makes me believe they are better than their record. I didn’t buy them last year as here to be good long term, but they also damn sure aren’t a 400 team or whatever their record is nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:
4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:
Make the entire team run the bleachers tomorrow.

When they get in town at like 4am

This game won't be over with all the T/Os the Red Sox batters keep taking.

Astros finish 9 game road trip at 6-3 and in 1st in the AL West.

Last couple of days, save for a couple of innings damned sure didn't feel that way.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, Ojo Rojo said:

It sure will be nice to get LMJ and Jake Meyers back.  It would also be nice if they are still good players when they return.  For y'all GM types, any chance they would call up Leon or Brown this season?  Korey Lee?  If Siri and McCormick stay the same is it more likely Leon gets the call up?  If no starting pitchers get injured or start underperforming, would there be any reason to call up Brown? If Castro and Machete continue to suck this bad at hitting, would Lee be an option? I don't know shit about any of their service time and how that might affect these decisions.

I doubt we will see Leon or Lee this season.  Leon is playing well but still striking out too much to warrant a callup.  Plus, the Astros have other guys they can call up for short term replacements in case of injuries (Goodrum, Hensley, Matijevic, and De Goti as infielders, Siri/McCormick, Matijevic, and Brinson as OF) rather than start Leon’s clock.  Lee is not hitting well enough to get called up and with how much the Astros value catcher defense and pitcher management they are married to Maldy and Castro no matter how little they hit.  They may make a trade to upgrade the backup to a better hitter but even that is unlikely.  In any case I don’t see Lee getting called up.

Brown might see time at some point but for now they still have a glut of SP so it’s doubtful he gets called up unless there are multiple injuries.  They have good options for spot starts in guys already on the 40 man in Solomon, Bielak, and Dubin (plus possibly Whitley later in the year).

Service time considerations changed significantly this past offseason with the new CBA.  Now teams are incentivized to call their best young players up at the very beginning of a season after they’ve been named to Top 100 prospect lists the prior offseason.  This makes me think they will keep all 3 of Lee, Leon, and Brown down all of this year and start them in Houston opening day next season (unless of course they’re used as trade chips before then).  Generally I think you will see the top guys kept down until opening day with any rookies called up in the middle of the season being guys they wouldn’t expect to be able to contend for awards.

• Hook 'Em 2