2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Are there blackout rules for Apple TV broadcasts?  In Austin and MLB will black out a game etc if playing on that station 

No blackout 

don’t need an apple+ subscription either 

(Although have read the latter may change later in the year)

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Maldonado has been better than Bregman over the last week of games, but the regulars include Altuve, Bregman, Gurriel, Pena, Tucker, Brantley, and Alvarez.

I will agree on the first part, but disagree on the second.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Not in the last 7-14-28 day splits. Which was the point of my initial post.

Roger. 

just looked up the season stats and Bregman is 6th (Brantley is 5th and close to him) well behind the top 4 (Altuve, Alvarez, Peña and Tucker- pretty much in that order). 

Chaz and Guriel are both basically dead as league average which is way worse than Bregman who is at like 128 on WRC and 337 wOBA, so there’s that. 
4 star level bats, 2 well above average level bats, 2 average bats and then 1 abomination before Gos at the plate. It’d be nice if Jake came back and fit into the 130-150 range and if they could platoon Chaz and Brantley a little (or a lot) and create another position that’s star level.
Essentially, if anyone is complaining about Bregman as if he’s a boat anchor that’s not statistically valid. He’s been well above average. Just being outshined by 4 superstar/almost superstar bats.  

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Bregman needs to get moved down in the order.

I would not be opposed to swapping Bregman and Peña for a week to see what that looks like for each of them. I’m not pounding the table for it, but if you were going to move him down that makes the most sense to me. 

ESPN had high hopes for Nolan thinking she would be Michele Beadle’s replacement. Reality was far different. She bounced around, doing some guest spots on the afternoon shows, had a couple of failed late night shows, hosted a terrible podcast, now history. Now she’s creating some content for NBC Sports and doing this Apple gig. She’s not talented and her career reflects that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Bregman needs to be batting in the final 3rd of the order. He's been the worst hitter (regulars) on the team for a while now.

me watching the intro of this coverage:

"bregman hitting .286 this season"

-wtf that can't be right

"in home games"

-oh right, where we've played like 6 games.  that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

me watching the intro of this coverage:

"bregman hitting .286 this season"

-wtf that can't be right

"in home games"

-oh right, where we've played like 6 games.  that makes sense.

14 home games so far

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

ESPN had high hopes for Nolan thinking she would be Michele Beadle’s replacement. Reality was far different. She bounced around, doing some guest spots on the afternoon shows, had a couple of failed late night shows, hosted a terrible podcast, now history. Now she’s creating some content for NBC Sports and doing this Apple gig. She’s not talented and her career reflects that. 

She peaked with her goofy youtube show

katie-nolan.gif