2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

53 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think Correa helped them out way more than cheating. You see now that they are literally nothing without him. They’ll be lucky to make a wildcard, they’re ALCS streak is ending without question.

Probably a good thing that all those real New Yorkers don't know that it's some dipshit from the Rio Grande Valley who keeps cursing their beloved team...

See y'all in the playoffs again (for a few days)...

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL at using the Yankeestream media to spin away the letter.  

They posted only part of the letter. 

Dear Brian:

On August 23, 2017, the New York Yankees filed a formal complaint and requested that the Office of the Commissioner "conduct a full and complete investigation concerning the illegal use of electronic equipment, in game, by the Boston Red Sox in order to steal signs and gain an illegal advantage in the game." As a result of the Yankees complaint, I directed the Department of Investigations to interview a number of employees of the Red Sox and the Yankees in connection with this matter. Based on the information we received, I have concluded that the Red Sox violated On-Field Regulation 1-2.A by using electronic equipment for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a Club an advantage." I will address this violation of the On-Field Regulations directly with the Red Sox.

During our investigation into the Red Sox's misconduct, [Redacted] informed the Department of Investigations that the Yankees used a similar scheme to that of the Red Sox to decode opposing Clubs' signs and relay them to the batter when a runner was on second base. [Redacted] -- who initially noticed that the Red Sox were using a smartwatch to pass information to their players -- admitted to the Department of Investigations that during the 2015 season and the first half of the 2016 season, [Redacted], provided information about opposing Club's signs to players and members of the coaching staff in the replay room at Yankee Stadium, who then physically relayed the information to the Yankees' dugout. [Redacted] also admitted that during that same time period, in certain stadiums on the road where the video room was not proximate to the dugout, used the phone line in the replay room to orally provide real-time information about opposing Club's signs to Yankee coaches on the bench.

[....]

The Yankees' use of the dugout phone to relay information about an opposing Club's signs during the 2015 season, and part of the 2016 season, constitutes a material violation of the Replay Review Regulations. By using the phone in the video review room to instantaneously transmit information regarding signs to the dugout in violation of the Regulations, the Yankees were able to provide real-time information to their players regarding an opposing Club's sign sequence - the same objective of the Red Sox's scheme that was the subject of the Yankees' complaint.

Based on the foregoing, the Yankees are hereby fined $100,000. Please send a check in that amount, made payable to Major League Baseball Charities, to my attention. The money will be used for Hurricane Irma relief.

The most important quote:

[....]

Yankeestream media continues refusing to report on Catfish Hunter's laptop.

SNY is the Mets station. They hate the Yankees. 

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

I think Correa helped them out way more than cheating. You see now that they are literally nothing without him. They’ll be lucky to make a wildcard, they’re ALCS streak is ending without question.

The '22 Astros are 8-9.

The '21 Astros started 8-10.

But yes it would be nice to have Correa back.

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL at using the Yankeestream media to spin away the letter.  

They posted only part of the letter. 

Dear Brian:

On August 23, 2017, the New York Yankees filed a formal complaint and requested that the Office of the Commissioner "conduct a full and complete investigation concerning the illegal use of electronic equipment, in game, by the Boston Red Sox in order to steal signs and gain an illegal advantage in the game." As a result of the Yankees complaint, I directed the Department of Investigations to interview a number of employees of the Red Sox and the Yankees in connection with this matter. Based on the information we received, I have concluded that the Red Sox violated On-Field Regulation 1-2.A by using electronic equipment for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a Club an advantage." I will address this violation of the On-Field Regulations directly with the Red Sox.

During our investigation into the Red Sox's misconduct, [Redacted] informed the Department of Investigations that the Yankees used a similar scheme to that of the Red Sox to decode opposing Clubs' signs and relay them to the batter when a runner was on second base. [Redacted] -- who initially noticed that the Red Sox were using a smartwatch to pass information to their players -- admitted to the Department of Investigations that during the 2015 season and the first half of the 2016 season, [Redacted], provided information about opposing Club's signs to players and members of the coaching staff in the replay room at Yankee Stadium, who then physically relayed the information to the Yankees' dugout. [Redacted] also admitted that during that same time period, in certain stadiums on the road where the video room was not proximate to the dugout, used the phone line in the replay room to orally provide real-time information about opposing Club's signs to Yankee coaches on the bench.

[....]

The Yankees' use of the dugout phone to relay information about an opposing Club's signs during the 2015 season, and part of the 2016 season, constitutes a material violation of the Replay Review Regulations. By using the phone in the video review room to instantaneously transmit information regarding signs to the dugout in violation of the Regulations, the Yankees were able to provide real-time information to their players regarding an opposing Club's sign sequence - the same objective of the Red Sox's scheme that was the subject of the Yankees' complaint.

Based on the foregoing, the Yankees are hereby fined $100,000. Please send a check in that amount, made payable to Major League Baseball Charities, to my attention. The money will be used for Hurricane Irma relief.

The most important quote:

[....]

Yankeestream media continues refusing to report on Catfish Hunter's laptop.

When the news broke in 2020, I felt bad that the Astros cheated to a World Series championship. Now that I see the Yankees cheated, got caught, cheated again, got caught again AND colluded with the commissioner, I no longer feel bad. Sure, I knew other teams cheated, but I didn't know how in bed they were (and surely still are) with Manfred. I say cheat away because the Yankees still are - with knowledge that the commissioner will try to sweep it under the rug for them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

"literally nothing"; "they're"; "without question". dude are you actively trying to come off as poorly as possible? do you want to avoid being taken seriously by anyone?

• Haha 3

Oh they must be on that kindergarten grading scale

He took his hate off for anthem - 30pts
He wore right colors - 36pts
He walked towards mound to break up a mound meeting - 30 pts
-4pts for not yelling back at Schwarber during confrontation.

Or they only take .1 away for each fuck up

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

Remind me what Bauer did again?

Allegedly:

In her declaration, the woman -- whom ESPN has chosen not to name -- essentially claimed Bauer took consensual rough sex too far, alleging that he choked her unconscious on multiple occasions, repeatedly scratched and punched her throughout her body, sodomized her without consent and left her with injuries that warranted a trip to the emergency room.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:51 AM, TexArcher said:

Probably a good thing that all those real New Yorkers don't know that it's some dipshit from the Rio Grande Valley who keeps cursing their beloved team...

See y'all in the playoffs again (for a few days)...

14-6, 7 wins in a row. “Cursed” my ass.

my homie Jason Krizan made his MLB debut tonight at age 32 after more than 1,130 games played in the minors. he just walked to get on base for the first time. congrats Kriz! straight out of Pville baby, i saw him at HEB like 2-3 months ago lol. really happy for him. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1