2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Trout 1 HR tonight, Shohei with a solo and a grand slam.

EDIT:  Sho's first grand slam at any level.   

They were waiting to use this one for a while...

Trout swims upstream of Salmon in record books

161st blast at home sets mark for most all time at Angel Stadium

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:
9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:
Josh Naylor may run out of innings but is halfway home to reverse HR cycle
GS in the 9th to tie it up.
3 run HR in the 11th to put them up 3.

Best part of all this is the grand slam was off douchenugget Hendriks

110%

On 5/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

So what's up with the hijinks and assorted bullshit?  Do relief pitchers enter the game by repelling from a Blackhawk helicopter?  Do they have a guy on a unicycle juggling firesticks circling the bases between innings?  I guess this is the WWE equivalent of baseball.

A lot of it is dumb but the batter staying in the box and the pitcher just pitching is awesome. Obviously it's faster than is reasonable as part of the entertainment goal, but there's no reason MLB should average 23 seconds between pitches if it's just a called strike or ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Did you miss the picture of the sold-out stadium in London hosting an MLB game?

Yeah sure.

for Red Sox/Yankees. 

What happens in year 2 or 3 when the novelty has worn off and it’s Phillies vs Rays being sent over?

I mean, don’t get me wrong.I hope it works. Off the cuff, to me though, it just smacks of “let’s copy whatever the nfl does”.

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah sure.

for Red Sox/Yankees. 

What happens in year 2 or 3 when the novelty has worn off and it’s Phillies vs Rays being sent over?

I mean, don’t get me wrong.I hope it works. Off the cuff, to me though, it just smacks of “let’s copy whatever the nfl does”.

You think the MLB would ever send over teams like the Phillies & Rays for a big international game like that? 

I’m typing this almost close to teary-eyed. I vividly remember the day the Yankees drafted Judge. Immediately looked up everything about him because I only knew him from the college Home Run Derby before. I read minor league box scores daily over the next three years, tracking his progress. I remember the day he got called up and homered in his first big league AB. He’s done nothing but endear himself to Yankee fans ever since. To see him hit his first walk off homer is purely magical. What a fucking moment.

Totally awesome. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m typing this almost close to teary-eyed. I vividly remember the day the Yankees drafted Judge. Immediately looked up everything about him because I only knew him from the college Home Run Derby before. I read minor league box scores daily over the next three years, tracking his progress. I remember the day he got called up and homered in his first big league AB. He’s done nothing but endear himself to Yankee fans ever since. To see him hit his first walk off homer is purely magical. What a fucking moment.

Totally awesome. 

Sixth. Season.  

You want a moment?   Here’s a moment:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Sixth. Season.  

You want a moment?   Here’s a moment:

1. I was at that game, fuck the yankees and their douchebag fanbase.

2. The astros had jake maerisnek on deck and they decided to pitch to altuve. pure stupidity 

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Totally awesome. 

it's fucking may !!! be a fucking man !!

angry marlon brando GIF

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Why do they have to keep jacking with the ball?  Is it impossible to standardize the thing?  Forced manipulation to get numbers up or down sucks for the game and for fans.

The purity of the game/ statsbois get salty about PEDs but insist numbers translate across eras. Hell, they don't even translate across decades.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

The purity of the game/ statsbois get salty about PEDs but insist numbers translate across eras. Hell, they don't even translate across decades.

The good stats do. The ones that are relative to the league. wRC+, OPS+, etc. The absolute/counting numbers? Sure, those don’t, and anyone who understands baseball data knows that (and that’s why we have season-relative metrics). 

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

The good stats do. The ones that are relative to the league. wRC+, OPS+, etc. The absolute/counting numbers? Sure, those don’t, and anyone who understands baseball data knows that (and that’s why we have season-relative metrics). 

The point is the administrators of the game Jack with the results as much or more than the alleged cheaters did. Then they lose their mind at the thought that a player damaged the numbers of the game.

Lots of warning track power out there already this year. It’s for no other reason then they changed the ball. It is not reflective of better pitching or lower performing batters.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

The point is the administrators of the game Jack with the results as much or more than the alleged cheaters did. Then they lose their mind at the thought that a player damaged the numbers of the game.

Lots of warning track power out there already this year. It’s for no other reason then they changed the ball. It is not reflective of better pitching or lower performing batters.

Oh yeah, MLB screws with the balls and pretends they don’t. MLB has trouble getting out of its own way.