The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

27 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

This over-the-top fellating of LeBron is so peculiar to me. After Game 1 Of the ECF the reaction here was, “Wow, holy shit, the Celtics might actually be able to compete in this series. Now it’s only one game, and we don’t want to jump the gun, but man, the Celtics look competitive! This could be a series!”

No, I’m not wrong. That happened. Don’t act like you don’t remember it, that happened. How about before the series even started?

“Cavs in 5, but probably Cavs in 4.”

- Literally 80% Of the people here

Seriously, 4/5 people here who predicted the series outcome said Cavs in 4 or 5.

Once again, AM I WRONG? No, I’m not. Everyone here thought the Cavs were going trounce the Celtics, and then when they narrowly escape losing the damn thing you guys all jizz yourselves every day just thinking about LeBron.

Seriously, the hot take fever here is stupid, it’s 100% mob mentality. I understand that this sentiment is sweeping the nation, but I can’t speak for them- they weren’t in here two weeks ago posting about how Cleveland was going to sweep the Celtics. You guys were. But now you want to crown LeBron the King of all Athletes of all time, and proclaim that simply winning that series which you all had him as an overwhelming favorite to win was, “the greatest accomplishment in LeBron’s career.” Yes, that was said here and nobody disagreed with it. 

LeBron is probably the best basketball player ever; he might even be the GOAT; it’s certainly debatable. But this site’s flip-flopping, hot-taking garbage is a runaway train that needs to be derailed. I don’t hate LeBron, and you can’t say otherwise. But you also can’t change the facts. This reaction is mass hysteria, and a bunch of y’all are caught up in it. 

I am lost. What are you actually saying here?

28 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

This over-the-top fellating of LeBron is so peculiar to me. After Game 1 Of the ECF the reaction here was, “Wow, holy shit, the Celtics might actually be able to compete in this series. Now it’s only one game, and we don’t want to jump the gun, but man, the Celtics look competitive! This could be a series!”

No, I’m not wrong. That happened. Don’t act like you don’t remember it, that happened. How about before the series even started?

“Cavs in 5, but probably Cavs in 4.”

- Literally 80% Of the people here

Seriously, 4/5 people here who predicted the series outcome said Cavs in 4 or 5.

Once again, AM I WRONG? No, I’m not. Everyone here thought the Cavs were going trounce the Celtics, and then when they narrowly escape losing the damn thing you guys all jizz yourselves every day just thinking about LeBron.

Seriously, the hot take fever here is stupid, it’s 100% mob mentality. I understand that this sentiment is sweeping the nation, but I can’t speak for them- they weren’t in here two weeks ago posting about how Cleveland was going to sweep the Celtics. You guys were. But now you want to crown LeBron the King of all Athletes of all time, and proclaim that simply winning that series which you all had him as an overwhelming favorite to win was, “the greatest accomplishment in LeBron’s career.” Yes, that was said here and nobody disagreed with it. 

LeBron is probably the best basketball player ever; he might even be the GOAT; it’s certainly debatable. But this site’s flip-flopping, hot-taking garbage is a runaway train that needs to be derailed. I don’t hate LeBron, and you can’t say otherwise. But you also can’t change the facts. This reaction is mass hysteria, and a bunch of y’all are caught up in it. 

I didn't remember the predictions for Cavs/Celts being anything like what you characterized. Checked page 1 of that thread and came up with 4 of ~20 predictions being Cavs in 4 or 5. Pace must have really picked up in subsequent pages to hit literally 80% 

Just now, Thatguy said:

I am lost. What are you actually saying here?

Recap of events:

•Prior to ECF the shaggy consensus was “Cavs in 4 or 5.”

•After game 1 of ECF the shaggy consensus was, “Wow, I don’t want to get ahead of myself here, but the Celtics might be able to compete!” Again, reinforcing the idea that LeBron and Cleveland should/would dismiss the C’s with ease.

•After Cleveland actually wins the series by the skin of their teeth the shaggy consensus is 

“LeBron is the GOAT”

”Winning the 2018 ECF is the greatest accomplishment in LeBron’s career”

”LeBron should be the Finals MVP if his team even wins a single game”

SERIOUSLY.

It’s a giant case of flip-flopping and hot-taking, and everyone is too busy circle jerking each other for all having the same opinion to notice it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I didn't remember the predictions for Cavs/Celts being anything like what you characterized. Checked page 1 of that thread and came up with 4 of ~20 predictions being Cavs in 4 or 5. Pace must have really picked up in subsequent pages to hit literally 80% 

You’re right. It was 80% picking the Cavs in 6 or less.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

Here's ESPN's great soothsayers..... Cleveland was the overwhelming fave, mostly in 6.

(2) Celtics Vs. (4) Cavaliers

NAME CLE BOS GAMES
Kevin
Arnovitz
cle.png?w=38&h=38&transparent=true   7
Ian 
Begley
Jerry
Bembry
cle.png?w=38&h=38&transparent=true   6
Amin 
Elhassan
Jeremias 
Engelmann
Chris 
Forsberg
  bos.png?w=38&h=38&transparent=true 7
Nick 
Friedell
Andrew
Han
Chris
Haynes
Zach
Lowe
Tim
MacMahon
Bobby
Marks
  bos.png?w=38&h=38&transparent=true 7
Nick
Metallinos
cle.png?w=38&h=38&transparent=true   5
Dave 
McMenamin
Kevin 
Pelton
Jorge 
Sedano
Ramona 
Shelburne
Andre' 
Snellings
Marc 
Spears
  bos.png?w=38&h=38&transparent=true 6
Michael 
Wright
Royce 
Young
Ohm
Youngmisuk

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So when Lebron beats the raptors or any east shitty team he is the GOAT then when he loses in the finals everyone wants to act like he has no one on his team? He had D-wade and Bosh when no one had anything resembling a "super team". He basically ran Kyrie off and his coach off to get Lue in and then gets half his team traded for "youth" and then when he gets beats again in the finals everyone will say "finals record doesn't matter". lulzz. 

It's funny, every team that gets beat is shitty because Lebron beat them, but every team that Jordan played in the East on their run was full of HOF'ers and All Stars?  Miami was the only super team but Boston wasn't with 4 All Stars? The Thunder wasn't with Harden, KD, and Russ? San Antonio wasn't with Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, and Parker? Now it's Lebron's fault that Kyrie left but this is the same guy that couldn't schedule his supposed surgery to be on the sideline with his teammates? And now he ran off the coach they were losing with, so he could promote Ty Lue and all the sudden Ty is "his guy" when they had no prior history together?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

19 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

LITERALLY 100% of us group thinking circle jerking hot take spouting sheep had picked either cleveland or boston in 7 games or less.  Fact.  Seriously.  That happened.  Am I wrong?  

26 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Recap of events:

•Prior to ECF the shaggy consensus was “Cavs in 4 or 5.”

•After game 1 of ECF the shaggy consensus was, “Wow, I don’t want to get ahead of myself here, but the Celtics might be able to compete!” Again, reinforcing the idea that LeBron and Cleveland should/would dismiss the C’s with ease.

•After Cleveland actually wins the series by the skin of their teeth the shaggy consensus is 

“LeBron is the GOAT”

”Winning the 2018 ECF is the greatest accomplishment in LeBron’s career”

”LeBron should be the Finals MVP if his team even wins a single game”

SERIOUSLY.

It’s a giant case of flip-flopping and hot-taking, and everyone is too busy circle jerking each other for all having the same opinion to notice it.

We can easily go back and look and see who said what, but it's not what you think. Also, who on the Cavs could start for Boston? I said this before, but I will say it again. We act as though Brad Stevens is some kind of Wizard, but we fail to realize that those "no Name" players are all high draft picks that can play. Maybe they aren't quite ready, but they CAN play. Their entire starting 5 is a bunch of guys that you can throw the ball to and they can go get their own bucket. You yourself said the C's look faster and more skilled than the Cavs. When you couple that with the Cavs supporting cast consistently not being able to rise to the occasion it's no wonder people are in Lebron's corner.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We can easily go back and look and see who said what, but it's not what you think. Also, who on the Cavs could start for Boston? I said this before, but I will say it again. We act as though Brad Stevens is some kind of Wizard, but we fail to realize that those "no Name" players are all high draft picks that can play. Maybe they aren't quite ready, but they CAN play. Their entire starting 5 is a bunch of guys that you can throw the ball to and they can go get their own bucket. You yourself said the C's look faster and more skilled than the Cavs. When you couple that with the Cavs supporting cast consistently not being able to rise to the occasion it's no wonder people are in Lebron's corner.

Dude I was the one making this case before the series to begin with, which Im sure is precisely why I’m not as caught up in the hype as everyone else. When you ask me to make the case that LeBron is the GOAT, this wasn’t the tipping point for me. All of this kind of talk should have happened two years ago (and Im sure it did), not after winning the East in 2018.

Edited by Goo Punch

33 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's funny, every team that gets beat is shitty because Lebron beat them, but every team that Jordan played in the East on their run was full of HOF'ers and All Stars?  Miami was the only super team but Boston wasn't with 4 All Stars? The Thunder wasn't with Harden, KD, and Russ? San Antonio wasn't with Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, and Parker? Now it's Lebron's fault that Kyrie left but this is the same guy that couldn't schedule his supposed surgery to be on the sideline with his teammates? And now he ran off the coach they were losing with, so he could promote Ty Lue and all the sudden Ty is "his guy" when they had no prior history together?

That okc team was babies and I’m talking about this year. The east sucks and when the cavs lose in 5 maybe 6 we will still hear it. Mj is the goat.

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Dude I was the one making this case before the series to begin with, which Im sure is precisely why I’m not as caught up in the hype as everyone else. When you ask me to make the case that LeBron is the GOAT, this wasn’t the tipping point for me. All of this kind of y’all should have happened two years ago (and in sure it did), not after winning the East in 2018.

I have been on the LBJ goat thing for awhile. However, there is no harm in people who are traditionally only watching WC games coming over to the dark side this year. I mean, Bron had two ridiculous game winners, is seemingly scoring 40 every game, and has the least amount of help he has had since 2007. His all around game this post season is far superior to what it has been in the past, and that seems ridiculous. The ridiculous fall-aways that go out of the screen, and to hit them at the clutch moments he has. People on the fence haven't seen one man wrecking crew Lebron for years. The narrative is he needs Kyrie. He isn't clutch. Many said he wouldn't even make it to the finals before the playoffs started. So seeing him dispatch of all the naysayers by himself is winning people over.

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

All of this kind of talk should have happened two years ago (and Im sure it did), not after winning the East in 2018.

You're right that it did at least on Shaggy. I don't really watch sports talking heads to know what they were saying. I think it's just a matter of his case picking up more and more steam. The run of finals is amazing. The way he's looked in getting there has been compelling as well.

This popped up on my Youtube recommended list:

did we forget all the criticism of Lebron?  In the Olympics "Lebronze".  Calling him a player with brute power but no finesse.  Can't dribble without getting picked. Seems like he doesnt' care about team, just himself. This year he's been above all that but fans have short memories. So, I'm sticking with Jordan as better. 

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I like how everyone tries and act like lebron plays with 4 guys in wheelchairs and the other two guys off the bench drool and wear bibs. 

Tristan Thompson- offensively inept. Hustler, way overpaid, sucks for the most part, will be a non factor

Kevin Love- probably the wild card if hes healthy to Cleveland winning more than 1 game. also really the only player with a lick of talent 

George Hill-this is his 4th team since 2015-2016. 

JR Smith- Love him but..not the microwave scorer he was a few years ago

Clarkson-6th man on a non playoff Laker team. probably has 1 good game for every 4

Jeff Green-Another 4th team in 4 years player. Solid...but not as good as the wheelchair player

Korver- still a threat...but hes 37.

Good lord that team sucks. Even more props to LeBron. MJ never led a team that bad to the Finals. When he made the Finals, he had a top 50 sidekick at least. Which leads me to asking if you stuck prime Lebron or prime MJ on a bottom feeder like the Magic, who would lead them to more wins?

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Tristan Thompson- offensively inept. Hustler, way overpaid, sucks for the most part, will be a non factor

Kevin Love- probably the wild card if hes healthy to Cleveland winning more than 1 game. also really the only player with a lick of talent 

George Hill-this is his 4th team since 2015-2016. 

JR Smith- Love him but..not the microwave scorer he was a few years ago

Clarkson-6th man on a non playoff Laker team. probably has 1 good game for every 4

Jeff Green-Another 4th team in 4 years player. Solid...but not as good as the wheelchair player

Korver- still a threat...but hes 37.

Good lord that team sucks. Even more props to LeBron. MJ never led a team that bad to the Finals. When he made the Finals, he had a top 50 sidekick at least. Which leads me to asking if you stuck prime Lebron or prime MJ on a bottom feeder like the Magic, who would lead them to more wins?

They know the answer because we already saw it play out in Jordan's first 7 years.

4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I like how everyone tries and act like lebron plays with 4 guys in wheelchairs and the other two guys off the bench drool and wear bibs. 

Name a Cavs starter that can start for Boston, GSW, or Houston. I will wait.......................................

• Like 1

did we forget all the criticism of Lebron?  In the Olympics "Lebronze".  Calling him a player with brute power but no finesse.  Can't dribble without getting picked. Seems like he doesnt' care about team, just himself. This year he's been above all that but fans have short memories. So, I'm sticking with Jordan as better. 
Let me know when LeBron plays with someone who is able to lead his team to 55 wins and a deep playoff run in his absence like Pippen did. If Lebron didn't play this season, Cavs would be lucky to get to 9 wins. They are a G league team without him on the court.
  • Like 1

Goddamit people stop making me agree with Derka.

1985-86 NBA playoffs. Bulls crushed 3-0 in the first round by the Celtics. Clearly Jordan sucks.

Except he missed almost the whole season with a broken foot. Came back and scored a playoff record 63 in a 2OT loss. You remember that footage where Bird is on Jordan and he does some between the legs stuff, fakes the drive and hits the smooth jumper. I think it was that game.

Surly: All he does is drive to the hole and dunk, that's his whole game.

Jordan: Hold my beer. Develops unstoppable fadeaway jumper and midrange game, as well as barely passable 3-ball.

1986-87 George Gervin and his 16 points retired. Quentin Dailey and his 16 points gone. Jordan goes for 37, and carries a garbage roster, more garbage than anything Lebron had, to the playoffs, swept by the Celtics.

Surly. Garbage? Dave Corzine was the truth before A.I. was the truth.

Also Surly: 37 points a game, is pretty good, but the guy cannot play defense.

Jordan: Hold my beer.

1987-88 Wins defensive player of the year. winds up 9 time all NBA defense first team. Playing all that defense took it out of him on offense. Only averaged 35.

Played with two rookies, Ho Grant and Pippen. Pippen was a long way from being Pippen. Made 2nd round of playoffs, lost to Detroit in 5. The Celtics only took Detroit to 6. Lake show beat Detroit in 7.

1988-89

Lakers made it to the finals undefeated. Chicago lost to Detroit 4-2. Detroit beat the Lakers 4-0. In other words, a case could be made Bulls were the 2nd best team.

Surly: You ain't shit if you don't win a championship.

1989-1990 Lost to Detroit in 7, Detroit beats Portland in 6.

Surly: Jordan is soft as shite, he's all flash. He will never beat the bad boys or any tough playoff team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rules

1990-91  Beats Ewing, Starks, Oakley tough guys 3-0 first round.  Beats Barkley lead Philly 4-1 (with Mahorn). Crushes Detroit 4-0, Crushes Lakers 4-1.

Surly: Lakers were getting old, Kareem was shell of former self.( yeah Bill Cartwright was spry as a mofo) Also Surly: Magic was one of the top 3 of all time and was playing some of his best ball. 

1991-1992 Taken to 7 games by Knicks in 2nd round. Full on thuggish Starks, Jordan rules stuff. Beats Portland 4-2. That Portland team was tough. Drexler averages 25 that year. Duckworth clearly better than the Bulls inside. Terry Porter better at the point. Also very hateable with Ainge off the bench.

1992-93 4-2 over Barkley lead Suns. Ho hum. Weird series though, Chicago beat Phoenix the first 2 in Phoenix. Yeah Phoenix had home court because they were the best team regular season team that year. Then Phoenix took 2 out of 3 in Chicago. Jordan went for 55 in the game they won at home. Then Chicago closed it out with a buzzer beater in Phoenix.

Takes a year off to try baseball.

Who is this person in any sport that has retired at the top of their game, driven around on a minor league bus for a year, comes back and reclaims the throne?

Surly: Well in 1874 there was this jezzywassa player from Bengali. Besides it was probably a gambling suspension, Jordan is a POS. 

No argument there.

1994-1995 Lost to Orlando in 2nd round of playoffs. Jordan only came back late in season and wasn't in form. That Orlando team was legit. Shaq, Hardaway, Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott were better than Chicago's best 4. They were not better than Olajuwon. Dream crushed Shaq that series.

1995-96 Thus begins the 3 year stretch Surly thinks of as the Bulls, with Rodman, Ron Harper, Longley or some other spare at the Center, and Kukoc strong off the bench. Agree, these were very good teams, all starting 5 and bench. 

And then Jordan retired again as the Bulls blew the team up. Too bad, would have loved to see them against the Spurs twin towers team the next year in the finals.

3rd trip back to the league.

Old grandpa Jordan came back and played for the Wizards. Averaged over 20 a game, even though he was clearly a shell of his former self. Torn cartilage in his knee ended the season.

Came back the next season at age 40, still averaged 20 points on 44.5% shooting. His vertical was a joke at that point. I think my peak 20s vertical might have even been better. 

Lebron is 33 now and we hear how he's done it for so long. Jordan was 33 during the 5th of his 6 championships. Yeah he was older when he came in the league(sorry, he had to help NC win a championship), missed most of a year with a broken foot, missed another year playing baseball. He was also a guard, and played a helluva lot of defense and played in a MUCH tougher league. Or perhaps you can show me the Wiki article on "Lebron rules."He got the shit beat out of him much more than Lebron, and I guarantee you his miles ran per game was higher than Lebrons. Triangle offense, moving without the ball, playing defense etc.

Both are great players, but Jordan was clearly better to practically all of us that saw both. If you didn't see him, sorry watching Come Fly With Me vhs rips on youtube doesn't convey how good he was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So Jordan wins more games with this Cleveland team than lebron does?

Why would that matter? This is defacto GM Lebrons' custom built team not Jordans.

Not that Jordan is/was any good at front office, he clearly is not.

But just to be ridiculous, would Lebron win any more on the Bulls? No. The dude whines his ass off now in this soft ass version of the NBA, he would have been T'd up for that shit back then.

And yeah, Jordan probably would win a few more because he would be chewing asses out in the locker room, embarrassing peeps, threatening, whatever it took to motivate the scrubs. Of course the scrubs would know Jordan is going to be there for them not just this year but next as well. Lebrons scrubs have seldom had that assurance.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
12 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

Let me know when LeBron plays with someone who is able to lead his team to 55 wins and a deep playoff run in his absence like Pippen did. If Lebron didn't play this season, Cavs would be lucky to get to 9 wins. They are a G league team without him on the court.

team wins don't matter as much as to others. The skill set, MJ had a greater bag of goods for more years. This is probably Lebron's best year, at age 33, so now we notice and forget the past which was great but had well known weaknesses. 

Why would that matter? This is defacto GM Lebrons' custom built team not Jordans.
But just to be ridiculous, would Lebron win any more on the Bulls? No. The dude whines his ass off now in this soft ass version of the NBA, he would have been T'd up for that shit back then.
And yeah, Jordan probably would win a few more because he would be chewing asses out in the locker room, embarrassing peeps, threatening, whatever it took to motivate the scrubs. Of course the scrubs would know Jordan is going to be there for them not just this year but next as well. Lebrons scrubs have seldom had that assurance.

Would lebron win more with Jordan's team and his finals opponents? Uh yea....

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, Robin Masters said:

Read more  

Would lebron win more with Jordan's team and his finals opponents? Uh yea....

Well yea, simply due to the fact most of Jordan's teammates and opponents are way old.

13 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

giphy.gif

Nobody remembers those criticisms  because they never existed.

"Lebronze" is funny, but he was 19 going on 20 in 2004.  No reasonable person would blame him for that finish.

Edited by CurlyDumps

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Name a Cavs starter that can start for Boston, GSW, or Houston. I will wait.......................................

Love and he'd almost certainly start for all of them.  Houston started Ryan Anderson 50 games this year and PJ Tucker the rest of the time.  Love would start over both.

Love starts over Zaza and McGee, who shared a front court position..... very easily.

Love starts over Aaron Baynes, who started the majority of the year (over 80% of the year).  Baynes is a bench big forced into starting.  

Love averaged 22.7/11.9/2.2 with 3 3PT per 36 minutes on .46/.415/.88.  He had a 22.4 PER, .614 TS% (highest of his career), and .185 WS/48.  Kevin Love is still a good player who's struggled this playoff run (although played much better than most narratives in the past playoffs).

13 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Jfc it was lebron who picks who his coach is, who he plays with and the reason half his fucking team got traded mid season for the next group of guys that apparently all suck now so we can create the narrative of lebron carries his team. You don’t think lebron had any role in getting g kyrie traded? Then didn’t help decide or approve the IT deal that he ended up shipping off to LA? Lebron runs the ducking cavs and he decides who he plays with so if anything you’re dying lebron sucks as a gm?

LeBron vs the Warriors #4. Warriors win in 5. The Cavs have LeBron who can easily go off for 30~ points, the Warriors have KD, Curry and Klay who can go off for 30~ points in any given game. With the addition of KD LeBron can't carry the sorry ass Cavs past the Warriors. Boston with a healthy Kyrie/Hayward would've matched up nicely against the Warriors. Instead we're "treated" to a 4th consecutive GS/Cleveland finals that will surely rank as the least viewed finals in history.