SFA Lumberjacks @ TEXAS 6:30

Cairn Horn88

10 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Trey has a case of the Willie Mays Hayes Major League II. Swings for the fences on every pitch. 

*when he swings

you forget the strikes thrown pretty obviously across the plate that he just watches.  

that last AB of his was amazing.  

The first pitch I kind of understand watching, as it was a little inside, but still the ump had been calling that a strike pretty often. 0-1

2nd pitch is pretty much down the middle of the plate and he just watched it, no attempt to swing at all.  0-2.

So, as has been happening pretty often these last 3 weeks he is down 0-2 and gets absolutely torched by a dying sinker that lands in the opposite batters box dirt that he swings for the fence what would have been ball 1.

42 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

*when he swings

you forget the strikes thrown pretty obviously across the plate that he just watches.  

that last AB of his was amazing.  

The first pitch I kind of understand watching, as it was a little inside, but still the ump had been calling that a strike pretty often. 0-1

2nd pitch is pretty much down the middle of the plate and he just watched it, no attempt to swing at all.  0-2.

So, as has been happening pretty often these last 3 weeks he is down 0-2 and gets absolutely torched by a dying sinker that lands in the opposite batters box dirt that he swings for the fence what would have been ball 1.

Yeah, but that was against a very tough SFA pitcher.

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I think the only person on the team who has a green light on first pitch strikes is Murph. Everyone else watches pitch 1 right down the middle every time. That has to be a Pierce thing.