Middle schoolers’ prank turns deadly

Armybrat

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

You obviously didn't really read my post, which is fine with this being the Internet and all, but that's not what I was advocating.  Teenagers get away with a lot of terrible behavior now that they once did not.  Finding a way to correct this was the point, not allowing beatings.   Brushing off criminal behavior as "teenagers just being teenagers" is fucking idiotic, and ultimately the root of this problem.

Coming up with a reasonable deterrent for this type of behavior may have prevented this tragedy.  Risk of serious punishment (not beatings) might keep a good kid from making a stupid decision that ends with him being killed.

As for the city employee, he should have the book thrown at him.  We'll see if our DA has the guts to do it.

He could have (and should have) called the cops. He could have called their parents if he recognized them. He could have called their school. Shit, he could have made them keenly aware of any guns on the premise. All fine. So what further punishment from yesteryear are you advocating?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Any of you arguing that this kid had it coming or got what he deserved or that this is somehow a return to the good old days of adults who should know better beating up kids for making the kinds of poor, irresponsible decisions that kids have always made need to get a fucking grip.

Kids fuck up. That doesn’t make them irredeemable. Every single one of us fucked up when we were teenagers, and only some of y’all turned out to be loathsome scumbags as adults. 

It’s our duty as adults to behave with restraint and wisdom, not lash out like angry, overgrown toddlers every time some punk insults you. 

No one is arguing that. Calm down, bro

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

18 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Maybe I missed it.  He left the car in gear when he jumped out?

Yes, this appears to be the problem.

If he had put the car in neutral, gotten out and popped that kids ass with a ruler in front of his friends, lesson learned, no one dies, everyone goes home and this isn’t a story.  #procorporalpunishment 

On 4/13/2022 at 7:17 PM, Samson's Wig said:

Teenagers get away with a lot of terrible behavior now that they once did not. 

Yeah I mean with HD video in every pocket and cheap GPS trackers on amazon, kids today might as well raise themselves. 

So much better than when your parents didn't know where you were or what you were doing unless you told them or they followed you.

Edited by B00M

27 minutes ago, B00M said:

Brandishing a weapon here almost certainly would have been illegal. And dumb as fuck.

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean actually brandishing a gun. Just imply. Whipping it out around teenagers...also bad.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, 52-80 said:

I grew up in Section 8 housing and our apartments living room window faced directly at a playground in the complex, so we closed the shutters for privacy. 

And all the time, the shithead kids would fling gigantic muddy sand clods at the window. And by the time i opened the curtains or stepped out the door they had all scrammed. 

Cant imagine how enraged I would be if that was literal feces instead. Who the hell does that?

Poor people.

Brett Michael Cardenas

AUSTIN - It is with a heavy heart we announce the passing of our precious little angel and beloved son Brett Michael Cardenas who passed away tragically on April 10, 2022, at the tender age of 13 years old.

Brett Michael Cardenas was born on July 20, 2008, in Austin, Texas.

Brett previously attended Menchaca Elementary and was currently a student at Bailey Middle School. He leaves behind so many friends, Hondo, Aiden, Gavin, Sebastian, and so many others.

Despite his short time on earth, he was deeply loved and brought immense joy to all those around him. Brett was the most beautiful boy inside and out; kind-hearted, caring, positive and outgoing. He had a gift for making everyone feel accepted and was truly a loving human being with a gentle soul. Brett will always be remembered for so many wonderful reasons; for his fun personality, genuine love and his distinctive laugh. A smile that was contagious. Brett truly touched the hearts and souls of everyone he met.

As most kids do, Brett loved playing video games, riding bikes and hanging out with his friends. He also loved going .shing with his "Uncle" Eddie and spending time in Galveston with his Aunt Barbara. He loved cooking and was inspired to be a chef. He also loved to shoot pellet guns and BBQ/grill with his dad, and a love for Whataburger onion rings. Brett always liked to snuggle with his mom and watch their favorite shows, like the Flash.

Brett is survived by his parents, Donna and Felix Cardenas, sister Kaylee Ana Cardenas, Grandmother Sarai Cardenas, Grandfather Buddy Mc-Gee and many aunts, uncles and cousins.

Brett is proceeded in death by his maternal grandmother, Tina McGee, paternal grandfather Felix Cardenas Jr.

Spread your wings and .y my angel, your life has touched us all.

Always loved .. Forever missed.. Never forgotten Funeral services will be on Tuesday, April 19, 2022, at 2:00 pm Cook-Walden/Capital Funeral Home 14501 N. I-H 35 P.ugerville, Texas 78660 512-251-4118

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/13/2022 at 8:03 PM, MrBig said:

Today’s news cycle will make this trial insane if they drag it out. The young child victim. An adult assaulting minors. The lack of driver awareness not putting a vehicle in park. The toddler in the defendant’s car. The City employee allowed out on bail. The feces thrown at his house. The forensic exam determining species of excrement. The potential bacteria/viral load in said feces. We could be looking at a revolutionary stand your ground case off personal property if this shit had Covid or was riddled with the same Jack in the Box E. Coli that killed tons of people (which sounds absolutely insane but it’s how people think about things they see online). There’s so many angles to be played out here and it will generate tons of clickbait. These ideas are insane but this is how social media is today. 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

On 4/13/2022 at 8:45 AM, Hate said:

What an awful story.  A few years ago my son was hanging with some kids in the neighborhood that liked to "ding dong ditch".  I put an end to it really quickly when I heard he was doing it and explained that you just don't know what that person on the other side of the door is going through or how they will react.  I also explained that a lot of people have cameras or doorbell cameras so they would likely know who did it. 

I have a friend who’s a former 2-year lineman starter with Gardere. His son and my son are friends. His son is WILD. He constantly ding dong ditches. Got his photo from a doorbell camera widely distributed on Park Cities Nextdoor. 

• 11 months later...

Prank Youtuber gets shot during prank. The victim's dad is a bible thumper. I guess he has no problems with his cock sock son trying to make money harassing people. How very Christian.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/virginia/dulles-center-mall-shooting-victim-says-he-was-recording-youtube-video-before-gunshot/65-62e40a24-847c-4d01-8696-0d9696bcbcba

“I was playing a prank and a simple practical joke, and this guy didn't take it very well,” said Tanner Cook.

“They were making a video at the mall and trying to have fun with people and this guy wasn't having fun,” added Jeramy Cook. “There was a phone that was around him and they were interviewing or talking to him, and he didn't like it and he pulled out his gun and shot my son.”

Tanner Cook stressed his family is relying on God and their faith to show support for his son. He even said he has no ill will, anger, or bitterness towards Colie.

“We need restoration, we need healing, and we need to come together,” said Jeramy Cook. “I pray for this young man and pray that he finds God in this. I believe that God saved our son's life, and he could have easily died but that's not the outcome. God has plans for my son."

“It’s surreal,” said his grandfather Mike Cook. “It’s obviously been unnerving and some fear running in and out, but we live on faith and not fear.”

The Youtubers latest video has people chiming in support of the shooter. Fuck these prank Youtubers.

Pierced Viking

3 hours ago

I really hope the shooters lawyer uses all your past videos as defense evidence at his trial.

TwoWheeledDemon

25 minutes ago

Hoping for a slow recovery and long lasting effects, prayers for the defendant, hopefully he gets all charges dropped. Im glad people are finally taking care of these people who purposely harass and annoy people just trying to live their lifes

Grant Ferguson

2 hours ago

It's almost like people don't like being harassed in public.

Stella K

2 hours ago

who knew! !!!

JeffTheBean21

26 minutes ago

you still can’t shoot someone cause you don’t want to talk to them, lmfao

Al

16 minutes ago

@JeffTheBean21  and someone doesn't have a right to stick a phone in your face to record and harass you either

Dillon Herrmann

13 minutes ago

So that means shoot them?

Cody Bennett

1 minute ago

Yes

Roads To Nowhere

2 hours ago

Maybe landing in the hospital is a wake up call not to approach people you don't know and harass them. You might be the last straw that pushes them over the edge.

Peace To All

2 hours ago

anyone know if the dude who shot him has a legal defense fund we can contribute too - glad to see people fighting back against prank video crap

D L

3 hours ago

Make a video about how you’re going to have to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 7:17 PM, Samson's Wig said:

You obviously didn't really read my post, which is fine with this being the Internet and all, but that's not what I was advocating.  Teenagers get away with a lot of terrible behavior now that they once did not.  Finding a way to correct this was the point, not allowing beatings.   Brushing off criminal behavior as "teenagers just being teenagers" is fucking idiotic, and ultimately the root of this problem.

Coming up with a reasonable deterrent for this type of behavior may have prevented this tragedy.  Risk of serious punishment (not beatings) might keep a good kid from making a stupid decision that ends with him being killed.

As for the city employee, he should have the book thrown at him.  We'll see if our DA has the guts to do it.

There is a lot more nuance at work here, man. And the rage some posters have at shit being flung at a house is some next level behavior strikes me odd. As a homeowner, and someone who egged or TP'd a house as a kid, I'm not sure that cleaning up egg is any easier than scrubbing off some shit. And I know if I had to pick one, I'd rather someone throw shit at my house than fucking TP my trees. That takes a fucking day or more to clean up, and you never get it all. 

As for all the shit kids "Get away with," well agree to fucking disagree. Do kids often have less consequences than before because shitty parents step in and protect them? Yes. Counterpoint, these days EVERYTHING is fucking caught on camera. If camera phones existed when I was a teenager, I'd have been fucked. And I was a pretty goddamn well behaved teenage boy, all things considered. But I still did a metric fuck ton of stupid shit, including some illegal shit and property damage type stuff. And no parent ever beat my ass after my parents got divorced. 

Do you think Teenagers are ever NOT going to be teenagers and do stupid shit and be rebellious? Because that's not going away. And from what I can tell, them getting away with a huge chunk of it isn't exactly new either, even when dads would whip their fucking ass. 

Also, what you don't know, is how the kids parents would have reacted if a kid hadn't fucking been killed. If that dipshit had acted responsibly, maybe the parents would have had him cleaning that dude's house for a fucking year. The parents might have actually behaved well and taught their son a lesson. Of course, they never got that fucking opportunity. Assuming "bad parenting" was at play because a kid acted like a kid, and didn't get a chance to discipline him because now he's dead, is fucking stupid, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Prank Youtuber gets shot during prank. The victim's dad is a bible thumper. I guess he has no problems with his cock sock son trying to make money harassing people. How very Christian.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/virginia/dulles-center-mall-shooting-victim-says-he-was-recording-youtube-video-before-gunshot/65-62e40a24-847c-4d01-8696-0d9696bcbcba

“I was playing a prank and a simple practical joke, and this guy didn't take it very well,” said Tanner Cook.

“They were making a video at the mall and trying to have fun with people and this guy wasn't having fun,” added Jeramy Cook. “There was a phone that was around him and they were interviewing or talking to him, and he didn't like it and he pulled out his gun and shot my son.”

Tanner Cook stressed his family is relying on God and their faith to show support for his son. He even said he has no ill will, anger, or bitterness towards Colie.

“We need restoration, we need healing, and we need to come together,” said Jeramy Cook. “I pray for this young man and pray that he finds God in this. I believe that God saved our son's life, and he could have easily died but that's not the outcome. God has plans for my son."

“It’s surreal,” said his grandfather Mike Cook. “It’s obviously been unnerving and some fear running in and out, but we live on faith and not fear.”

The Youtubers latest video has people chiming in support of the shooter. Fuck these prank Youtubers.

Pierced Viking

3 hours ago

I really hope the shooters lawyer uses all your past videos as defense evidence at his trial.

TwoWheeledDemon

25 minutes ago

Hoping for a slow recovery and long lasting effects, prayers for the defendant, hopefully he gets all charges dropped. Im glad people are finally taking care of these people who purposely harass and annoy people just trying to live their lifes

Grant Ferguson

2 hours ago

Stella K

2 hours ago

who knew! !!!

JeffTheBean21

26 minutes ago

Al

16 minutes ago

@JeffTheBean21  and someone doesn't have a right to stick a phone in your face to record and harass you either

Dillon Herrmann

13 minutes ago

Cody Bennett

1 minute ago

Yes

Roads To Nowhere

2 hours ago

Maybe landing in the hospital is a wake up call not to approach people you don't know and harass them. You might be the last straw that pushes them over the edge.

Peace To All

2 hours ago

anyone know if the dude who shot him has a legal defense fund we can contribute too - glad to see people fighting back against prank video crap

D L

3 hours ago

Make a video about how you’re going to have to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of your life.

Suspect looks like a druggie.

"We need restoration, we need healing, and we need to come together,” said Jeramy Cook. “I pray for this young man and pray that he finds God in this. I believe that God saved our son's life, and he could have easily died but that's not the outcome. God has plans for my son."

'We' need to stop doing stupid shit on the internet and fucking with people who are minding their own business.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

"We need restoration, we need healing, and we need to come together,” said Jeramy Cook. “I pray for this young man and pray that he finds God in this. I believe that God saved our son's life, and he could have easily died but that's not the outcome. God has plans for my son."

'We' need to stop doing stupid shit on the internet and fucking with people who are minding their own business.

What do you do for a living?

Being an asshole and harassing people, in the name of $God$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Pierced Viking

3 hours ago

TwoWheeledDemon

25 minutes ago

Grant Ferguson

2 hours ago

Stella K

2 hours ago

who knew! !!!

JeffTheBean21

26 minutes ago

Al

16 minutes ago

Dillon Herrmann

13 minutes ago

Cody Bennett

1 minute ago

Yes

Roads To Nowhere

2 hours ago

Peace To All

2 hours ago

D L

3 hours ago

I mean I’d like to know what the “prank” actually was before I blindly take the side of the guy who shot someone like you have. That kid’s prior prank vids range from real  harassment to simple awkwardness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I mean I’d like to know what the “prank” actually was before I blindly take the side of the guy who shot someone like you have. That kid’s prior prank vids range from real  harassment to simple awkwardness. 

What if the hero shooter was shooting the asshole prankster as a prank? Bro, why so serious. I shot you as a prank!

Or....stay with me here, asshole wouldn't have gotten gut shot if he didn't go around being an asshole to people minding their own got damned business.

• Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah, I read the post and the article. I still have no idea what actually happened. 

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

What if the hero shooter was shooting the asshole prankster as a prank? Bro, why so serious. I shot you as a prank!

Or....stay with me here, asshole wouldn't have gotten gut shot if he didn't go around being an asshole to people minding their own got damned business.

All the article says is that he was interviewing people. What was the prank? And how does it deserve getting shot? What is wrong with you?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Exactly. IDGAF if guys want to jump off of their roof into a pool or strap a buch of firecrackers to themselves and set them off, on their own property. Just stay the fuck away from people when you do this shit. I don't want to be a prop in some asshole's comedy routine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Let me be clear, big fat shooter needs to be in jail for awhile.  Tanner needs to chill out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lulz, person in category of people I despise gets shot so it’s “justified”. Not a good look. Was the dude annoying as all get out? Sure. But whether he was getting converts for the Mormons or selling purple liquid that cleans pans and strips paint, that doesn’t deserve getting shot. No more than the kid that got run over last year. Both perps deserve mucho time in jail.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you make a habit of poking bears and get mauled, you deserve it. If you make a habit and get enjoyment from fucking with people and get shot, you deserve it.

Is the shooter an asshole? Yes. Is he a hero? Yes. Will shooter get jail time? Probably. Did this fuckstick learn a valuable lesson. Yes. Will he stop fucking with people minding their own god damned business? Hopefully.

Everyone wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Lulz, person in category of people I despise gets shot so it’s “justified”. Not a good look. Was the dude annoying as all get out? Sure. But whether he was getting converts for the Mormons or selling purple liquid that cleans pans and strips paint, that doesn’t deserve getting shot. No more than the kid that got run over last year. Both perps deserve mucho time in jail.

Have you seen a video of the "prank"? I'm not seeing one anywhere. Can't really comment on it being justified or not without knowing what actually happened.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, goatsaag said:

Have you seen a video of the "prank"? I'm not seeing one anywhere. Can't really comment on it being justified or not without knowing what actually happened.

the dudes youtube channel is called...wait for it...Classified Goons. I watched a few of their shitty videos. Not going to watch anymore as I don't want to be the reason he makes more money off of them.

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

If you make a habit of poking bears and get mauled, you deserve it. If you make a habit and get enjoyment from fucking with people and get shot, you deserve it.

Is the shooter an asshole? Yes. Is he a hero? Yes. Will shooter get jail time? Probably. Did this fuckstick learn a valuable lesson. Yes. Will he stop fucking with people minding their own god damned business? Hopefully.

Everyone wins.

Not yet.  Tanner still gonna continue to make videos.

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

And yet, none of us are shot because of it. 

Probably only because we're not right next to each other in real life. Apparently if people are too loud at a table next to you and you feel it violates your personal space, you believe you're perfectly justified in drawing your hogleg and blasting someone in the stomach. God forbid a waiter trip and fall and spill a glass of wine in your lap. 

• Hook 'Em 1