Best NBA team's starting five

closetohumping

29 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

01' wasn't statistically one of Kobe's best year's though.  It was kind of on that 2nd tier but Kobe had a lot of years about that good.  I'll give you it was his best playoff run, but what I'm telling you is, brotha.... you can pick any five years you want for the playoffs for Kobe and Kawhi is still going to outpace him.....by a lot.  01', 09'.  I don't care what you choose.  Hell, you could pick any 3 playoff campaigns you want for Kobe and sort of cheating because they wouldn't be successive campaigns and they wouldn't match Kawhi.  Kawhi is just that good in the playoffs.  And same with a reg season.  Longer time periods help Kobe in comparison because Kawhi is always hurt.

You should put quotation marks around “hurt”.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

01' wasn't statistically one of Kobe's best year's though.  It was kind of on that 2nd tier but Kobe had a lot of years about that good.  I'll give you it was his best playoff run, but what I'm telling you is, brotha.... you can pick any five years you want for the playoffs for Kobe and Kawhi is still going to outpace him.....by a lot.  01', 09'.  I don't care what you choose.  Hell, you could pick any 3 playoff campaigns you want for Kobe and sort of cheating because they wouldn't be successive campaigns and they wouldn't match Kawhi.  Kawhi is just that good in the playoffs.  And same with a reg season.  Longer time periods help Kobe in comparison because Kawhi is always hurt.

I mean you clearly aren't a Kobe fan and at this point I'd say you have a weird affinity for Kawhi for a Spurs fan. This is just an agree/disagree type deal except I think in large part I agree with you I just have an issue with how you framed the argument. You also didn't really respond to any of my points about '09 and '10. Granted - I'd hope no one would ever make the argument that all time Kawhi is better - but as far as "at their peak" goes it's much closer than you're trying to paint it. You also seem to be very numbers driven as opposed to results driven and at the end of the day you're discussing this with someone that values winning basketball games over putting up nice shooting %s.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

when on the court.... at the heights of their skills, Kawhi was better and frankly, it's close, but not that close.

And dude... this is an absurd statement and surely you have to know how absurd it is. This isn't a Spurs board. All you're doing is showing your disdain for the guy by saying stuff like this. 

Edited by ztejas

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean you clearly aren't a Kobe fan and at this point I'd say you have a weird affinity for Kawhi for a Spurs fan. This is just an agree/disagree type deal except I think in large part I agree with you I just have an issue with how you framed the argument. You also didn't really respond to any of my points about '09 and '10. Granted - I'd hope no one would ever make the argument that all time Kawhi is better - but as far as "at their peak" goes it's much closer than you're trying to paint it. You also seem to be very numbers driven as opposed to results driven and at the end of the day you're discussing this with someone that values winning basketball games over putting up nice shooting %s.

Kobe is an all-time great basketball player, he's simply not a top 10 player, and there's nothing wrong with that.  And I did respond to your points on 09' and 10'.  I let you know you could consider them but they weren't really his strongest years at least statistically, especially 10', where one could make the case, Pau was their team MVP especially in the regular season.  It wouldn't help Kobe's case, really.  And yes metrics or statistics tend to be the best place to give evidence or credence to an opinion, because memory or anecdotal  evidence isn't really helpful.  

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

And dude... this is an absurd statement and surely you have to know how absurd it is. This isn't a Spurs board. All you're doing is showing your disdain for the guy by saying stuff like this. 

You seem..... sensitive.

39 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Not per the OP

again, that's fine that the OP made those parameters, But you cannot tell the story of the Golden State Warriors without including Kevin Durant. In fact he's probably the first thing you mention when telling story. so, any set of parameters that doesn't include KD as a warrior is an inherently flawed set of parameters.

• Hook 'Em 1