NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

11 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Denver just can't make an offensive play to save their lives. They look like they have no plan every time they take the ball down the court. The slightest bit of defense makes them pass back out to the 3 point line and start over, even with like 5 seconds left on the shot clock. 

Really can’t wait to see them back with Porter and Murray next season. They will be a force. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Really can’t wait to see them back with Porter and Murray next season. They will be a force. 

Assuming Porter is going to be available is a big assumption.  How much basketball has he played in the last 5 years?  Like 1.5 years?

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:
4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
Assuming Porter is going to be available is a big assumption.  How much basketball has he played in the last 5 years?  Like 1.5 years?

Even with just Murray, this series is going 6 or 7.

Agreed, but that Porter contract is going to prevent them from doing anything meaningful to improve their roster for the next 3-4 years.  Murray for the full year has them with a higher seed and home court for the first round, so they probably get to the second round.  Who knows, Jokic is certainly capable of doing some incredible shit with a better supporting cast, but I think they still lose to GS, whether it’s in the first or second round.

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Agreed, but that Porter contract is going to prevent them from doing anything meaningful to improve their roster for the next 3-4 years.  Murray for the full year has them with a higher seed and home court for the first round, so they probably get to the second round.  Who knows, Jokic is certainly capable of doing some incredible shit with a better supporting cast, but I think they still lose to GS, whether it’s in the first or second round.

You're assuming MPJ isn't coming back to the level he was at last year.  I'm not going to write him off just yet.

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You're assuming MPJ isn't coming back to the level he was at last year.  I'm not going to write him off just yet.

In his last 5 seasons of organized basketball he has played this many games:

Even in his healthy years he missed 25% of his teams games and has now had multiple surgeries on his back.  I certainly wouldn’t count on him when constructing my roster.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

You know you are old when you can recognize the assistant coaches faster than current players(Mark Hall).

When I was a kid my dad was always asking me about “is so and so an assistant somewhere” and I didn’t understand it. Seemed irrelevant. Now I get it. 
Father time comes for us all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Figured (or sort of knew off the top of my head) CP set the 100 FG% in the playoffs record tonight - he broke it by 2 makes. Not bad.

https://stathead.com/tiny/4DT5r

It would be tied for 3rd in the regular season. Only bested by Wilt (obviously) thrice*.

https://stathead.com/tiny/9U3Yp

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Yeah the Mavs were killing them swinging the ball around the perimeter and then with the game on the line just completely abandoned any sort of structured offense.

They did the same thing in game 4 and lost. They probably should have lost tonight but Conley punted two possessions and then Bogdonavic misses the open 3. 

I think they're better than UTA and totally deserving in winning the series but they let it get tighter down the stretch than it should have been in a few games. 

6 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

3 road teams close out their series in Game 6 on the same night.  How cool was that!  Respect to the Mavs for mental toughness, this team has guts. Mavs need to add 1 or 2 pieces, maybe dump Tim Hardaway Jr, and they could be a title contender next year. 

They need upgrades over Powell, Bullock, and Green more than they need to move on from THJ. If he's a piece that helps them with those upgrades, so be it.

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

3 road teams close out their series in Game 6 on the same night.  How cool was that!  Respect to the Mavs for mental toughness, this team has guts. Mavs need to add 1 or 2 pieces, maybe dump Tim Hardaway Jr, and they could be a title contender next year. 

THjr and Dinwiddie are so similar.  hardaway's a better 3 pt shooter.  dinwiddie is cheaper.  i can't see us going forward with both of them on the roster.  that's $40 million.

• Hook 'Em 1