NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I think Shaka is coaching both of these teams from the shadows. 

Luckily I was but a front row spectator to that shit show. But I do remember coming on here/shaggy when he was hired and congratulating you all on hiring a really good coach. My hoops IQ is legendary.

Just now, Baboontyme said:

Luckily I was not a front row spectator to that shit show. But I do remember coming on here/shaggy when he was hired and congratulating you all on hiring a really good

lockquote widget

Honestly I'm on mobile and i am giving up on fixing either of these posts. 

Edited by Baboontyme
Fuck you phone

This was a winnable series for Minny. I still think Ant/KAT/DLo is a bit clunky. Might be a couple of moves to make this offseason so they don't piss away Ant's rookie deal. 

It was very winnable. MN was the better team except for the final 8 Minutes. If they couldn’t learn their experiences from games 3 and 5…then it wasn’t meant to be. I think they blew a game 4 lead too but held on to win.

I’d call DLo a turd this series but that’d be an insult to all turds. What an absolute no show despite making 30 million. Next year will be his last making 31M so he’s very tradeable to someone.

Need interior size/ rebounding and a capable PG. fuck bring back Rubio to play with kat and ant.

8 hours ago, Llogg said:

Ant is the only guy the wolves should not be shopping. Send KAT to PHX for Ayton (sign and trade deal), Bridges, and a first. Send DLo to the kings just because.

You don't think they could include DLo in the package and get Booker too?

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Why on earth would Phoenix do that deal?

because they risk Ayton leaving for nothing and KAT is, for all his bitchassness, a legit 3 tool all star player. Giving up Bridges might be the sticking point more than the draft pick but you never get what you don't ask for.

9 hours ago, Llogg said:

Ant is the only guy the wolves should not be shopping. Send KAT to PHX for Ayton (sign and trade deal), Bridges, and a first. Send DLo to the kings just because.

I didn't actually realize Bridges was already pulling 21M. I thought he was younger and still on rookie deal. Phoenix giving up picks and sign-trade Ayton to bring in KAT is a win for both teams, IMO.

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I know right...like Minny would have send shit WITH KAT to get Ayton from PHX.  I'm hoping KAT isn't a finished product but damn...that dude was taking and missing jump shots and failed to put Memphis away.  "Best shooting Big Man" didn't shoot well when it mattered.

Kat isn’t going anywhere. I doubt the market for him from other teams is huge. Contenders aren’t blowing up their core and rebuilders aren’t giving up cheap young pieces for a guy who won’t bring them anywhere. He’s about at his ceiling. A rare 7 foot 3 level scorer with severe mental issues that have to be corrected. He’s probably becoming the second guy to ant. Which who cares. Both can and will get us 25-30 every game and one takes pressure off of the other.

We’d lose a big portion of efficient scoring trading kat. Ants entertaining and scores points but can take a ton of shots to get there. Kat can score 25 on 15 shots on most nights. The fact ant is still 4 months away from even being able to drink legally in this country makes me hopeful.

We’ll see what they do with DLo. He’s an expensive expiring and kat needs a bigger bod than Vanderbilt next to him . Brandon Clarke was freaking poetic this series and after bane& ant…he was arguably the 3rd best player-even better than kat.

I wonder what Jenkins does with adams when he returns against GS. Warriors don’t have a kat, so adams can play. Memphis’ best line up seemed to be tyus/Ja/bane/JJJ and Clarke. Dillon brooks I guess is a Steph stopper so he’d need to be out there. Should be one crazy chess match between the up and comers Vs the old vets. Memphis can’t rely on GS shooting them selves in the foot

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Playing Adams is a gift to Steve Kerr

Eh, Adams is one of the few centers in today's NBA that can push around Draymond like he's nothing. If he can hold up on defense enough to play 25 minutes (a big if), he'll have 9 offensive rebounds in that time.

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Eh, Adams is one of the few centers in today's NBA that can push around Draymond like he's nothing. If he can hold up on defense enough to play 25 minutes (a big if), he'll have 9 offensive rebounds in that time.

Golden State's best lineup is with Draymond at the 5. Adams guarding Draymond is not a win for Memphis but Draymond being able to help off a non-threat on the other end is a win for GSW. When Looney's on the floor, sure, put Adams out there, otherwise I think their best bet is to match small ball with small ball.

Edited by Llogg

8 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Golden State's best lineup is with Draymond at the 5. Adams guarding Draymond is not a win for Memphis but Draymond being able to help off a non-threat on the other end is a win for GSW. When Looney's on the floor, sure, put Adams out there, otherwise I think their best bet is to match small ball with small ball.

Maybe. Draymond is a somewhat capable 3 pt shooter but he isn't KAT. Adams should be better equipped to crash the glass on both ends of the court against Draymond. Draymond being able to cheat off of him on D is a good point. 

I mean - I don't see him playing 25 mins a night but I'm not sure if he's more unplayable than he was against MEM. 

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe. Draymond is a somewhat capable 3 pt shooter but he isn't KAT. Adams should be better equipped to crash the glass on both ends of the court against Draymond. Draymond being able to cheat off of him on D is a good point. 

I mean - I don't see him playing 25 mins a night but I'm not sure if he's more unplayable than he was against MEM. 

Sure, my initial comment was probably a little hyperbolic. My point on Adams guarding Draymond isn't so much that Draymond will pull him away from the basket as a 3 point threat. I'd be concerned about the Warriors frenetic off ball movement and ball movement that requires guys who can chase, switch, and close out. That ain't Adams.

I wonder how Memphis bounces back to a well rested warriors team in less than 48 hrs after finishing the wolves. Grizz kinda got the shaft since both Phoenix and Dallas have been off for quite some time.

They will need brooks to aid bane in perimeter shooting to keep up with GS. Brooks can’t afford to go 3-18. I think brooks sucks so it’ll be a tall order.

Warriors look well oiled.

21 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kat isn’t going anywhere. I doubt the market for him from other teams is huge. Contenders aren’t blowing up their core and rebuilders aren’t giving up cheap young pieces for a guy who won’t bring them anywhere. He’s about at his ceiling. A rare 7 foot 3 level scorer with severe mental issues that have to be corrected. He’s probably becoming the second guy to ant. Which who cares. Both can and will get us 25-30 every game and one takes pressure off of the other.

We’d lose a big portion of efficient scoring trading kat. Ants entertaining and scores points but can take a ton of shots to get there. Kat can score 25 on 15 shots on most nights. The fact ant is still 4 months away from even being able to drink legally in this country makes me hopeful.

We’ll see what they do with DLo. He’s an expensive expiring and kat needs a bigger bod than Vanderbilt next to him . Brandon Clarke was freaking poetic this series and after bane& ant…he was arguably the 3rd best player-even better than kat.

I wonder what Jenkins does with adams when he returns against GS. Warriors don’t have a kat, so adams can play. Memphis’ best line up seemed to be tyus/Ja/bane/JJJ and Clarke. Dillon brooks I guess is a Steph stopper so he’d need to be out there. Should be one crazy chess match between the up and comers Vs the old vets. Memphis can’t rely on GS shooting them selves in the foot

KAT for gobert is sort of interesting to think about.  for both teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know they won the title last year, but Milwaukee is still a dumb team. Every so often, Lopez needs to take his big ass to the block. At 7', probably 280lbs, he has an advantage. Especially when GA is on the bench. Instead he runs the 3pt line and puts his hands on his knees. 

I guess I just hate it when big men don't take advantage of their natural ability. It's what once made basketball so great.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Draymond is a moron

Exactly. Terrible foul, probably cost his team the game. 

Even worse is him trying play it off by antagonizing the crowd. Take your dumbass to the locker room and hope your team can recover from your stupidity.

Commercials from dudes whose teams don't make the playoffs are a joke. Tell that bitch to win first.

Edited by Brothahorn