NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

And tonight is more evidence that Giannis is quite clearly the best player in the NBA, MVPs be damned.

Meh. No way to know, really, until Jokic gets a better cast to work with. He's quite clearly the best player still playing. I'll give him that. 

What an absolute gut-punch loss for Celtic's fans. Having this magical season and then just like that you're pretty much done and back to worrying about JT and JB being a legit championship duo. MIL doesn't even have Khris out there. I mean I guess they could win in 7 but this feels over. Giannis doesn't look like he's going to let them come steal game 6 on his court. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Can't recall a worse 10 seconds of game time for a player than what Smart had at the end of the game:

• He and Jaylen Brown flub the missed Giannis FT leading to the Portis go-ahead bucket
  • The Jrue block/steal (throwing the ball off Smart so it's Bucks ball)
  • The Jrue steal to end the game

It's almost like maybe he shouldn't have had the ball in his hands at the end there.

Edited by Message Board User

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Can't recall a worse 10 seconds of game time for a player than what Smart had at the end of the game:

• He and Jaylen Brown flub the missed Giannis FT leading to the Portis go-ahead bucket

It's almost like maybe he shouldn't have had the ball in his hands at the end there.

Lollll I forgot about the free throw rebounding fuck up. 

Yeah - rough night. Dude needs a BJ and a few drinks. 

Just now, Vegas64 said:

This isn't going to help those trying to discredit the vocal minority who were saying Memphis was actually better without Ja and won 25 games without him, etc.

They were missing him in G4 but they sure as shit aren't missing him tonight. It's really a question of their role guys shooting well or not. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They were missing him in G4 but they sure as shit aren't missing him tonight. It's really a question of their role guys shooting well or not. 

Luka and Ja are similar in that way. Clearly amazing players but sometimes it can feel as if their priority isn't efficient or making other NBA players around you better. It's interesting if nothing else.

I can't remember as many blowouts and giving up before the game is over in the NBA playoffs ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

Crazy how adams can be such a liability Vs Minnesota to possibly the X factor Vs golden state.

I don’t think they win G6. But bringing adams back brings back a big time advantage in rebounding. Plus he doesn’t even chase draymond outside of the paint. Haha.

Dray could shoot 10 uncontested 3 pointers a game if he wanted

1 minute ago, Vegas64 said:

I can't remember as many blowouts and giving up before the game is over in the NBA playoffs ever.

Have there really been that many though? Obviously Phoenix last night but that was competitive for longer. 

This is historic level. 

3 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Luka and Ja are similar in that way. Clearly amazing players but sometimes it can feel as if their priority isn't efficient or making other NBA players around you better. It's interesting if nothing else.

Agreed. Neither Luka or Ja make their teammates better. In fact, they might make them worse. So much standing and watching them dribble the whole clock. Both are great individual talents but aren't leading a team to a ring right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Have there really been that many though? Obviously Phoenix last night but that was competitive for longer. 

This is historic level. 

I'm thinking Game 2 when the Mavs kinda quit too and then last night both games were blowouts not just the Mavs.

Probably this is such an historic bloodbath I have a bit of recency bias though.

If you are Memphis why not just save your legs and let the bottom of your roster play? I don't think GSW starters will play in the 4th at all.

2 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

If you are Memphis why not just save your legs and let the bottom of your roster play? I don't think GSW starters will play in the 4th at all.

That's pretty much what they're doing. Konchar is out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Crazy how adams can be such a liability Vs Minnesota to possibly the X factor Vs golden state.

I don’t think they win G6. But bringing adams back brings back a big time advantage in rebounding. Plus he doesn’t even chase draymond outside of the paint. Haha.

Dray could shoot 10 uncontested 3 pointers a game if he wanted

Adams is definitely a big factor, and I don't understand why they abandoned him for the first 4 games. He was a beast all season, and played against the Warriors. His rebounding and block outs are getting them a lot more possessions and shots. I hope he continues to be a big factor and pushes this series to 7 games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Message Board User said:

This was my takeaway.   Why is he taking that shot??  Why the hell was he bringing it up???   He kinda fumbled the dribble before Jrue stole it too.  He had no business in that situation and the outcome is the reason why

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

If anyone does Reddit, visit the kings sub and read their thread Asking if this was Mike browns fault, lol

This was a swinging bunt hire, for me. A retread 3 time failed previous head coach who won’t have a prime lebron and a severely weak eastern conference to pad wins with.

There was a pretty good comment on the /r/nba post game thread that said:

"Kings front office furiously digging through their trash can for Mark Jackson's number."

(I mean... in all honestly Steve Kerr wasn't saving them from that beat down)

Edited by ztejas

There was a pretty good comment on the /r/nba post game thread that said:
"Kings front office furiously digging through their trash can for Mark Jackson's number."
(I mean... in all honestly Steve Kerr wasn't saving them from that beat down)

No but he should theoretically be 0-2 Vs Memphis.

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No but he should theoretically be 0-2 Vs Memphis.

True. They probably put game 4 away a bit better with Kerr there. I didn't really see Memphis holding on to that down the stretch though.

Has the injury been that bad for Joel?  Looks nothing like the MVP let alone a difference maker. He’s Capella out there. 

Damn Harden has fallen off a cliff. Just a shell of himself from just two years ago. Who knew Houston strip clubs were the source of his power. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

I don't understand everyone writing off this Heat team. They're going to have home court and I'm taking Jimmy over Tatum 10 times/10 in the playoffs. And Spo kind of knows what he's doing. Them vs. MIL should be competitive if that's how this shakes out. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Has the injury been that bad for Joel?  Looks nothing like the MVP let alone a difference maker. He’s Capella out there. 

Damn Harden has fallen off a cliff. Just a shell of himself from just two years ago. Who knew Houston strip clubs were the source of his power. 

Philly needs to put on their big boy pants and just let Harden walk. They won't, of course.

53 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Harden turning in a typical close out game performance.

9 fucking shots and zero free throws...how the fuck does that happen?? I'd be stunned if he didn't already have a trio of 2 for 11 elimination games to his credit.

I'd rather see an offensive superstar go 5-24 in a desperation game than 4-9.