NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's a good thing PHO has HC all the way through because they are shitting the bed like clockwork away from home in this series. 

Every single time something awesome happens defensively the house is ready to explode but then Dallas misses an offensive three or jam on the transition.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

This series might go 7 and yet it's been incredibly uninteresting. Six games straight now the road team just doesn't show up. Should they play game 7 or can we just pencil in Phoenix and get on with our lives? 

This one ain't over. Almost all the Mavs games going back to the Utah series seem to be won or lost in the 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

Embiid needs to get the fuck out of Philly, away from Harden, Morey and Doc Rivers.  A change of scenery would do him a world of good, but what team can afford him? 

Boston really missed Robert Williams last game and were massacred on the glass, with Portis having 15 boards including 7 offensive.  Celtics need to add a 6'10 guy in the off season along with an aging Horford and a hopefully injury free Williams, who is questionable for game 6.

Mavs Heat Finals III still a possibility at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

This one ain't over. Almost all the Mavs games going back to the Utah series seem to be won or lost in the 3rd quarter.

Nah. I think it's over. And Saturday Dallas is going to do the same shit in Phoenix. 

Dallas isn't even playing that well. Which makes it sort of weirder. 

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah. I think it's over. And Saturday Dallas is going to do the same shit in Phoenix. 

Dallas isn't even playing that well. Which makes it sort of weirder. 

give me odds and i'll make a bet with you if you are pretty sure about Game 7 :)

5 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

give me odds and i'll make a bet with you if you are pretty sure about Game 7 :)

Nah. I did my little $25 bracket pool entry and that's enough for me. I haven't bet on the NBA in awhile. Mostly because I'm poor. 

Let's be honest, Mavs forcing a Game 7 after the first 2 game blowouts is a win. The fact that it's any Given Sunday and a one-game playoff means anything can happen and that's pretty cool.

Worst case scenario the detestable and easy to hate Suns are forced to expend 7 games of energy and risk some injuries. Best case we get to laugh at Chris Paul and Booker for choking. 

House money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Let's be honest, Mavs forcing a Game 7 after the first 2 game blowouts is a win. The fact that it's any Given Sunday and a one-game playoff means anything can happen and that's pretty cool.

Worst case scenario the detestable and easy to hate Suns are forced to expend 7 games of energy and risk some injuries. Best case we get to laugh at Chris Paul and Booker for choking. 

House money.

House money for who? Mavs fans? You should just be a Mavs fan. It would make this easier. 

Definite props to Dallas. At the same time, home court has been really big in this playoffs in a way that it hasn't been necessarily the past x years. My working theory is that there aren't that many - if any - teams this season that are either great teams or teams that elevate themselves above the rest. When that's the case, it becomes more difficult to overcome the HCA angle. Unless you have someone like Jokic or Giannis out there. 

The league is so crazy deep right now and the current "superteams" just haven't meshed or worked out for whatever reason and so you're left with this battle-royale style playoffs where a team like Dallas can seriously fuck your shit up if you let them because - at the end of the day - the difference between their 1-9 and anyone else's is pretty marginal. 

That said - Phoenix is taking it in 7, Ws are closing it out in 6 and so is MIL. @ me.

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes because the Mavs have been so convincing in Phoenix. 

Because Chris Paul has been so convincing playing through injuries in the playoffs throughout his career? I really think a bum shooting hand for their second most important player is a bigger deal than home court, which it turns out is possible to spell it in full. The forum software didn't automatically abbreviate it or anything. Try it. Home court. Home court advantage. Totally works 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Because Chris Paul has been so convincing playing through injuries in the playoffs throughout his career? I really think a bum shooting hand for their second most important player is a bigger deal than home court, which it turns out is possible to spell it in full. The forum software didn't automatically abbreviate it or anything. Try it. Home court. Home court advantage. Totally works 

Ah yes I apologize. I figured most NBA fans, with context, would be able to figure out that HCA means Home Court Advantage. But I guess I'll go ahead and waste my time for the intellectually challenged (or in your case - the chronically cunty) here.

And yes, so far HCA has outweighed anything in this series like Chris Paul having a slightly injured hand. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Here, check it out, even a quick Google search would help you be less of a raging shithead:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nba+hca&oq=nba+hca&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i390l3.1453j0j9&client=ms-android-motorola-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Edited by ztejas

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

House money for who? Mavs fans? You should just be a Mavs fan. It would make this easier. 

Definite props to Dallas. At the same time, home court has been really big in this playoffs in a way that it hasn't been necessarily the past x years. My working theory is that there aren't that many - if any - teams this season that are either great teams or teams that elevate themselves above the rest. When that's the case, it becomes more difficult to overcome the HCA angle. Unless you have someone like Jokic or Giannis out there. 

The league is so crazy deep right now and the current "superteams" just haven't meshed or worked out for whatever reason and so you're left with this battle-royale style playoffs where a team like Dallas can seriously fuck your shit up if you let them because - at the end of the day - the difference between their 1-9 and anyone else's is pretty marginal. 

That said - Phoenix is taking it in 7, Ws are closing it out in 6 and so is MIL. @ me.

Yea, a Game 7 against the #1 seed is house money for Mavs fan. I'm an anti-Suns fan. Suns hater, I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Lol somebody can dish it out but can't take it even a little bit.

You called Dallas winning game 7 a "wrap" if CP has maybe a minor hand injury in a series in which the home team has absolutely dominated. I apologize if my retort was a bit sarcastic and curt. It's simply a reflection of what I've seen so far in this series. You could tell me either CP or Booker straight up isn't playing game 7 and I still wouldn't touch a Mavs ML with a 10-foot pole. 

You know I enjoy your contributions here, as I do pretty much everyone's contributions here, but shit dude don't get so offended. I'm just trying to talk ball. I know at times I've been a mega asshole and made shit personal in the NBA threads but this ain't that and it just isn't who I am anymore. I mean, I'm still going to be a little bit of an asshole because this is Surly and I am who I am - but then again you're a routine asshole so I don't feel like I have to apologize.

24 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Yea, a Game 7 against the #1 seed is house money for Mavs fan. I'm an anti-Suns fan. Suns hater, I guess.

Yeah I'm just fucking with you man. I know you aren't a big Suns fan. Just saying - for Mavs fans this should be house money. For Suns haters - the Suns could still win it all and that wouldn't be optimal. You'd enjoy yourself more as a Mavs fan (who the fuck is your team anyway?).

You mean like Luka?

The safe bet is Phoenix and I fully expect them to win game 7 at home. But Luka is the best player in the series by a healthy margin, and if they can get a good showing from Brunson and Dinwiddie (the latter a big if, especially on the road), they have a real chance to win, especially if CP3 is no show yet again.

Chris Paul losing a Game 7 at home as the best team in the league while dealing with a nagging injury is on brand as fuck.

I didn't give the Mavs nearly enough credit. Even when they evened the series at 2, I just assumed it would be be another never really in doubt 6 game series where the favorite reasserts their dominance at home and takes care of business on the road. Game 7 is going to be a battle.

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

You called Dallas winning game 7 a "wrap" if CP has maybe a minor hand injury in a series in which the home team has absolutely dominated. I apologize if my retort was a bit sarcastic and curt. It's simply a reflection of what I've seen so far in this series. You could tell me either CP or Booker straight up isn't playing game 7 and I still wouldn't touch a Mavs ML with a 10-foot pole. 

You know I enjoy your contributions here, as I do pretty much everyone's contributions here, but shit dude don't get so offended. I'm just trying to talk ball. I know at times I've been a mega asshole and made shit personal in the NBA threads but this ain't that and it just isn't who I am anymore. I mean, I'm still going to be a little bit of an asshole because this is Surly and I am who I am - but then again you're a routine asshole so I don't feel like I have to apologize.

I am, at worst, a relapsing-remitting asshole. I wasn't asking for an apology, I was just giving you shit for an odd tic you have on these playoff threads. If that was offensive or personal, I do apologize. That said, if you aren't willing to bet against the Suns without the best player in the series or the third best player in the series, then maybe you just don't like to bet. If Booker wasn't playing game 7 the Mavs would be favored, full stop, HCA be damned.

18 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I am, at worst, a relapsing-remitting asshole. I wasn't asking for an apology, I was just giving you shit for an odd tic you have on these playoff threads. If that was offensive or personal, I do apologize. That said, if you aren't willing to bet against the Suns without the best player in the series or the third best player in the series, then maybe you just don't like to bet. If Booker wasn't playing game 7 the Mavs would be favored, full stop, HCA be damned.

I figured everyone here could or had picked up on HCA as an acronym. If not - that's what that means and it should be in the acronym vernacular moving forward. I refer to that shit too much during the playoffs to type it out every time. 

I'm not a big gambler. I've done pretty well betting the NBA in the past but generally pissed it away betting other bullshit. I may pick it up again at some point but it requires capital and emotional bandwidth and I'm not interested in investing either right now. I think Phoenix will open around -4.0 (-4.5  was my gut reaction) and I think Booker being out would move it about that much. 

Granted, I think there will be more money on Dallas so the actual assessment would be a bit more in PHO's favor. Either way I'd need more than Booker being out to put anything down on the Mavs. They've been getting crushed in PHO. The line could be Dallas -2.5 and I'd still take Phoenix on the ML at even odds. No one has proven they can do shit on the road in this series so far. 

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No. I mean like Giannis or Jokic. The two clear best players in the league this season. 

Lebron and Luka are overall better than Giannis. They do it all, make their teammates much better, and have an offense other than semi-travel long step dunks. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

can the Mavs afford a big time FA center? 

They are capped out next season and Brunson (their 2nd best player) is a FA. ( Free agent, not flight attendant for those not aware of acronyms) Dallas has to make some  moves to get help or even keep Brunson. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Every fucking year they do this. My Mavs had couldn't see this level of player development with binoculars on. 

Brunson was a 2nd right? Bertans and Kleber are good players.  The DInwiddie for Porzi trade produced great results and made Luka happy.  They really should have gone after Gary Trent Jr last year and dumped THJ, but overall the Mavs have done really well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Lebron and Luka are overall better than Giannis. They do it all, make their teammates much better, and have an offense other than semi-travel long step dunks. 

You should quit posting in this thread. 

41 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Nope.  Neither play enough defense or do shit off the ball well enough to make up the gap between them in those aspects.

2 hours ago, d2o said:

Nope.  Neither play enough defense or do shit off the ball well enough to make up the gap between them in those aspects.

Jokic is a better defender than Lebron and Luka?  I wouldn't think that's close to true.  I do agree that Giannis and JOkic are the clearloy best 2 players in the league, but my point was the one guy who could take over a series like them IS Luka. 

That James Harden contract situation is going to be fascinating to watch this offseason. He's got a $47 million option for next year. He could have extended for $50+ million per year for three more years after next season, but I can't imagine Philly is going to want to sign up for anything close to that. 

Maybe that series turns out differently if Embiid isn't hurt, but can we safely call the process a flop? They completely tanked for half a decade and haven't made it out of the second round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’s a loser. No other word to describe him.

A loser with about 250 million in earnings. Can't be too sad about all that. I don't think winning a ring was ever his priority, he was more interested in ego, stats and MVPs. (that's the Most Valuable Player award, not a Minimum Viable Product, but I could see how one could mistake those two terms with regard to Harden)