NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I didn't think Boston could repeat their three point barrage from game 6...boy was I wrong. 

And they're only 20/51. They've missed a ton of open looks. 

The thing is... when you get 50 open looks from 3 you only have to hit so many. 

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's insane but then you think about it for a sec and it makes sense. Guessing the Lakers have been to 25 or something (probably closer to 30 actually).

Boston gonna really feel the pressure in Eastern Conference Finals...

•  last 4 times they have lost
  • 2 of those East Conf Finals losses to Heat
  • 12yrs since they won against Orlando

Screenshot_20220515-180324.thumb.png.3cf83df7e4d63c77cac07e3c847fa70c.png

Edited by LTtxfan

Williams did his job but I'm not sure why everyone is acting like he had some amazing game. He shot 18 mostly open 3s and hit 7 of them. That doesn't really change my opinion of Grant Williams. If you told me "hey so say Milwaukee sells out on Tatum and lets Grant Williams shoot 18 threes this game how many do you think he hits?" I'm pretty sure I'd wind up somewhere around 7. 8 makes is about as close to what he's done on the year and in the playoffs which is 41% and 42% respectively. 

I know it's lame to try to draw any conclusion from a 7 game series that, had Middleton played, could have turned out differently, but Milwaukee was one healthy Kyrie or Harden from being gentlemen's swept out of the 2nd round last year and firing everybody. There's still a ton of things I don't love about their playoff offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I know it's lame to try to draw any conclusion from a 7 game series that, had Middleton played, could have turned out differently, but Milwaukee was one healthy Kyrie or Harden from being gentlemen's swept out of the 2nd round last year and firing everybody. There's still a ton of things I don't love about their playoff offense.

I just don't think there are any truly great teams in this playoffs with how Phoenix has looked in this Mavs series. Same for the Ws against Memphis. Every team has issues that can or have already cost them at times. I feel fairly confident that with a healthy Middleton MIL wins that series and probably wins another title (or at the very least has as good of a chance as anyone). 

So yes, maybe they still have some weird moments on offense, but I'm not sure it would have mattered this year. There just isn't a three headed Brooklyn monster or 2020 Lakers type team that's incredibly hard to beat in 7 games. 

Dallas playing really good defense. Phoenix can't punish them down low with Ayton and then the Mavs keep exploiting him on switches on the other end. I don't think Monty will commit to small ball, but he might want to give it a go to get their offense going a bit.  First six-ish minutes of this second quarter was huge for Dallas. They got to rest Luka for a long time and didn't give up the lead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Dallas playing really good defense. Phoenix can't punish them down low with Ayton and then the Mavs keep exploiting him on switches on the other end. I don't think Monty will commit to small ball, but he might want to give it a go to get their offense going a bit.  First six-ish minutes of this second quarter was huge for Dallas. They got to rest Luka for a long time and didn't give up the lead.

Sure xs and os might be contributing but Phoenix is just mentally broken. I don't see any adjustments saving them. They're getting beat at every phase of the game. 

Luka does this thing where I feel like he isn't at the top, top tier of players and then the playoffs roll around and I'm back to thinking he's a top 3-4 player in the world. 

Just now, Michael Knight said:

Deandre Ayton is softer than Karl Anthony Towns just a terrible #1 pick when Doncic was there

CP will probably get the most media hate but Booker and Ayton should be getting crucified for this just the same. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Michael Knight said:

Deandre Ayton is softer than Karl Anthony Towns just a terrible #1 pick when Doncic was there

At least they didn’t pick the scrub from Duke. Or trade away the pick for a homeless man’s Luca. Or a pocket sized Harden. However you want to settle on calling the former cousin fucking Meth-head Sooner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

At least they didn’t pick the scrub from Duke. Or trade away the pick for a homeless man’s Luca. Or a pocket sized Harden. However you want to settle on calling the former cousin fucking Meth-head Sooner. 

Dude Trae is twice the player Ayton is. And Trae has some serious shortcomings.  

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude Trae is twice the player Ayton is. And Trae has some serious shortcomings.  

So, I’d rather have Ayton than Trae. Not in some sort of esoteric way of thinking of Ayton as more valuable, but because he can play a role on a championship team (granted it’s a 3rd banana role) while Trae only works as a lead dog, and any team with him as a lead dog is not going to be good enough to do anything meaningful. Think of him as an Eastern Conference Dame. And, like Dame, I bet his career ends with one completely fluke run to the conference finals where they were non-competitive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I don’t care enough to check.  He’s a bitch and I  don’t really need statistical confirmation of that fact.

I am also too lazy to check. I'm reveling at the reality of a Phoenix crowd--who has never seen their team win jack shit--booing their best record in the league squad midway through a Game 7. Just awesome.

Didn’t see any of the Grizzlies/ Warriors game the other night but this is about the most ass kicking I’ve seen in the NBA POs since the Celtics/Lakers Memorial Day Massacre back in the 80s.  

Mavs could probably break out Roy Tarpley and not sweat this.