NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, I’d rather have Ayton than Trae. Not in some sort of esoteric way of thinking of Ayton as more valuable, but because he can play a role on a championship team (granted it’s a 3rd banana role) while Trae only works as a lead dog, and any team with him as a lead dog is not going to be good enough to do anything meaningful. Think of him as an Eastern Conference Dame. And, like Dame, I bet his career ends with one completely fluke run to the conference finals where they were non-competitive. 

Yeah I think that's an insane take but okay. Who is the best player Trae has played with? 

Like I said - Trae has his shortcomings but I'm willing to roll the dice that he continues to get better as a teammate and works to raise his BBIQ. 

Maybe you're right. Not saying you aren't. Just that in my opinion those two guys are nowhere near each other in terms of value added to a team. 

I am also too lazy to check. I'm reveling at the reality of a Phoenix crowd--who has never seen their team win jack shit--booing their best record in the league squad midway through a Game 7. Just awesome.

Well they deserve it

Just now, ztejas said:

Yeah I think that's an insane take but okay. Who is the best player Trae has played with? 

Like I said - Trae has his shortcomings but I'm willing to roll the dice that he continues to get better as a teammate and works to raise his BBIQ. 

Maybe you're right. Not saying you aren't. Just that in my opinion those two guys are nowhere near each other in terms of value added to a team. 

The next time Trae defers to anyone will be the first. He won’t get easier to play with or more humble as he gets older. I also said there are only a handful of teams I would trade a conditional second rounder to Portland for Dame. I don’t like small, no defense PG’s who are the focal point of their teams offense and have to be to be successful. It’s not a formula to the best of my knowledge that has ever been successful in the league. 
*I don’t consider Steph to be either small (for a PG) nor no defense. He plays mediocre to bad defense but he works hard and doesn’t bust the fundamentals of the team concept. 
For all people like to give shot to Paul about I think it’s not his fault- he’s just too little to be the best player on a title team. Only guy I can think of who did it at that size in the “modern” nba would be Zeke, and I don’t know if that qualifies as modern or not and he was kind of the lead guy in an ensemble cast. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I like RR. His life advice bit is awesome. He’s the biggest CP3 honk around though. 

Yeah but he's self-depricating and realistic about it. He doesn't talk him up like he's on first take. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Giannis casually went back to back 20 rebounds, and almost a triple-double, but yes, he needed help, which seems to be an essential of getting on in the NBA going back as far as I can remember..

Trae Young is a punk and root for his continued misery.

I wonder just how good Luka can be if he commits himself to an offseason of elite conditioning...

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Cause the stupid warriors are gonna roll the mavs

These weren't the Warriors of old. I still really like their chances, but they aren't beating anyone left in the playoffs in less than 6 games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

These weren't the Warriors of old. I still really like their chances, but they aren't beating anyone left in the playoffs in less than 6 games.

Agree. I like the Warriors in 6 but if the Mavs can put together a couple of games playing this level of defense and knocking down shots off the kick out, look out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Luka is going to be the best player in the series and this feels like another 7-gamer. 

I may be re-rolling some playoff predictions and can't really decide how I feel about this one. I like Dallas better on paper but GS has some serious experience. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hating Chris Paul is on the short list of quick things that can unite the country

I’m surprised that no politician has run on a “Fuck Chris Paul” platform, with every public policy conceivable at making Chris’s life a living hell. They’d have my vote.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Agree. I like the Warriors in 6 but if the Mavs can put together a couple of games playing this level of defense and knocking down shots off the kick out, look out.

Tonight's performance by the Mavs was at another level.  In some aspects, they grew up a little more -- Warriors better punch them hard early in this series or else it might go 7.

(Was really surprised how much trouble Memphis gave the Warriors. So far in the playoffs, they are not currently playing at a level that Dallas can't handle.  But G-State is not soft like phoenix.)

You gotta know the Sixers are excited that the suns had a worse flame out than they did.  

Also... Ayton got benched tonight and he's up for a big contract extension. Booker, I believe, is eligible for super max. Cam Johnson is up from his rookie deal. And their owner is the worst in the league and maybe the cheapest one in the league as well. Going to be an especially hot summer in Phoenix. 

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also... Ayton got benched tonight and he's up for a big contract extension. Booker, I believe, is eligible for super max. Cam Johnson is up from his rookie deal. And their owner is the worst in the league and maybe the cheapest one in the league as well. Going to be an especially hot summer in Phoenix. 

Yeah I made the comment late in the 1H I think that Phoenix has a mess of an offseason ahead of them. 

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You gotta know the Sixers are excited that the suns had a worse flame out than they did.  

Maybe with all the allegations/NBA investigation going on, if might behove Sarver to actually open the checkbook for once.

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Ahem.