NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Looks like a goaltend though

1. EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, TommyGufano said:
  1. EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.

Gotcha, I thought the defenders hand touching the rim superseded it. But this makes sense.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

I could see either series going 7 games or both series being sweeps. Dallas has been so inconsistent outside of Luka they are  just hard to predict. If Boston misses Smart and Horford for two more games they're likely to be in a 3-0 hole.

I still think Boston is the superior team as long as they get Smart back. Jimmy was awesome Monday but he just as easily might drop 14 points in Game 3 or 4. I'd still pick Boston in 6 at this point, but would absolutely love to be wrong.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:39 PM, Llogg said:

I hate him on the court and would probably hate him in real life, but I will acknowledge how refreshing it is to see someone actually keep it real on these shows. He's not just manufacturing controversial takes like an Emmanuel Acho, Kendrick Perkins, or Stephen Ahole Smith. I can respect that.

If he was going to keep it real across the board then maybe.   He just sounds like the petty bitch that most think he is.   Call out CP when he torched Bev and sent him last yr.   It would even be different if Bev sent CP home this yr.   This is just some haters' ball shit dancing on the demise of someone that you had nothing to do with.

That point is further made when he refused to say anything bad about Harden who played just as shit-ily as CP did.    So calling out people you dont like but saying "no comment" when it comes to people you do is not keeping it real.    At all.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, d2o said:

If he was going to keep it real across the board then maybe.   He just sounds like the petty bitch that most think he is.   Call out CP when he torched Bev and sent him last yr.   It would even be different if Bev sent CP home this yr.   This is just some haters' ball shit dancing on the demise of someone that you had nothing to do with.

That point is further made when he refused to say anything bad about Harden who played just as shit-ily as CP did.    So calling out people you dont like but saying "no comment" when it comes to people you do is not keeping it real.    At all.

He also claimed Jayson Tatum doesn’t play defense and then JJ Redick called him out for it. He’s a jackass

• Hook 'Em 1

A sentence I never thought I would utter 15 years ago. JJ Redick is fucking awesome. Not only is he good at what he does but he spits truth and he doesn't hold back. I am addicted to listening to these hoops podcasts at the gym and JJ has some fantastic content. All of you UT guys should check out his collab with KD on the ETCs pod. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-108-the-etcs-w-kevin-durant-and-eddy-gonzalez/id1525281746?i=1000556388648

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

A sentence I never thought I would utter 15 years ago. JJ Redick is fucking awesome. Not only is he good at what he does but he spits truth and he doesn't hold back. I am addicted to listening to these hoops podcasts at the gym and JJ has some fantastic content. All of you UT guys should check out his collab with KD on the ETCs pod. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-108-the-etcs-w-kevin-durant-and-eddy-gonzalez/id1525281746?i=1000556388648

Yeah, dude is great.   Love him calling out dumb takes.   Especially Stephen A and that idiotic Mad Dog dude.

29 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Jordan Poole travels on at least 90% of his possessions.  

Travels and carries don't exist anymore. Ja Morant does both constantly. All to promote offense more. Players constantly take about 2 to 3 extra steps on drives and no calls. It's the new era. 

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Travels and carries don't exist anymore. Ja Morant does both constantly. All to promote offense more. Players constantly take about 2 to 3 extra steps on drives and no calls. It's the new era. 

Yes, a new era. No one ever complained about NBA players traveling until now. 

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Haha 1

Rough night for the Mavs. We will now get the obligatory 24 hour game 1 blowout overreaction. Dallas will be better and the series should be closer. At least I hope so. Certainly their shooting will get better. Right?

Dallas played such good defense against Phoenix. The Warriors are much tougher to defend and can attack you in a lot of different ways. They could get away with doubling Booker and zoning everything else up, but Golden State isn't going to just stand around on the perimeter and let them play like that. There is almost always going to be a matchup for the Warriors to exploit and it's pretty clear that their intention is to wear out Luka on that end as well. Also, Phoenix refused to play small ball but the Warriors relish in it. There is no Deandre Ayton clogging the lane while not being a post threat. The most worrisome thing for the Mavericks, however, is that Golden State didn't shoot that well, either and they still got run out of the gym. Thompson and Curry were only a combined 4/13 from 3.  I wouldn't count on that holding up.

On offense, Dallas is going to have to figure out a way to get Luka going. The Warriors deserve a lot of credit for mixing up their looks against him. I mean, they even threw a box and one at him. And Wiggins did a really good job harassing him. Even when they put Luka in the post, he couldn't cause much damage. As always with the Mavs, it's going to come down to the other guys knocking down shots. Let's see if they can get it going again like they did against the Suns. 

19 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Rough night for the Mavs. We will now get the obligatory 24 hour game 1 blowout overreaction. Dallas will be better and the series should be closer. At least I hope so. Certainly their shooting will get better. Right?

Dallas played such good defense against Phoenix. The Warriors are much tougher to defend and can attack you in a lot of different ways. They could get away with doubling Booker and zoning everything else up, but Golden State isn't going to just stand around on the perimeter and let them play like that. There is almost always going to be a matchup for the Warriors to exploit and it's pretty clear that their intention is to wear out Luka on that end as well. Also, Phoenix refused to play small ball but the Warriors relish in it. There is no Deandre Ayton clogging the lane while not being a post threat. The most worrisome thing for the Mavericks, however, is that Golden State didn't shoot that well, either and they still got run out of the gym. Thompson and Curry were only a combined 4/13 from 3.  I wouldn't count on that holding up.

On offense, Dallas is going to have to figure out a way to get Luka going. The Warriors deserve a lot of credit for mixing up their looks against him. I mean, they even threw a box and one at him. And Wiggins did a really good job harassing him. Even when they put Luka in the post, he couldn't cause much damage. As always with the Mavs, it's going to come down to the other guys knocking down shots. Let's see if they can get it going again like they did against the Suns. 

I am done predicting the Mavs series as I thought they had no real shot against Phoenix, especially after the first 2 games. Luka has really grown this season and these playoffs. I now respect him much more and I accept what his game is.

With that being said, GSW is a different animal than Utah and Phoenix. I know the Suns were the #1 seed but GSW is much deeper on offense than them. When Paul/Booker have an off night, Phoenix is hard pressed to find others to step up consistently. GSW just has so many weapons on offense. Curry/Thompson had an off night for their standards and they still ran Dallas off the court. Now is GSW's role players going to keep playing that great all series? Not sure. Will Dallas always shoot this bad? Probably not. But can Curry/Thompson play better? Absolutely. So we will see how it all plays out. I think the room for error for Dallas in this series is much less than the previous 2 series. Dallas goes as their 3pt shot and role players go. When those 2 aspects are on, they are tough to beat and look like a top team. When those are not on, they can get ran off the court with ease. Can Dallas put it together for 4 games and neutralize GSW's offensive weapons? Going to be very tough. Seed be damn, GSW was always the best and deepest team in the West and probably the NBA.

Dallas will absolutely shoot like 28/50 from 3 at least 2x in this series and win those games. It will happen in Game 3 for sure and I'm guessing Game 5, as well. I think the Warriors win in 6. 

I love the Internet because I said that shit with authority because I believe it. Yet I know with 99% certainly I will be wrong like I always am and there will be no consequences for my stupid Internet words. 

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Like 1

That's a really shitty take IMO.  Miami will probably win a game in Boston and come back tied 2-2. 

These playoffs are weird...there isn't a "fake team" just not a dominant one.  I mean, would it really surprised you if the Mavs hit their shots tonight and won by 18?

I think Boston sweeps two at home and then Miami gets game 5 at home. I'm not sure who other than Jimmy/Bam/Herro can show up on the road. You need role players to go off in the playoffs. I have faith in PJ Tucker but not Max Strus or Gabe Vincent to steal a game on the road. If Mike Lawrie were back I might feel differently. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Boston is better both on offense and defense. Celtics in 6 imo.

Boston's been fortunate with injury luck this post-season. Not a knock on Boston, almost every champion has injury luck, but the Heat missing Lowry is bad for the Heat. Of course Middleton is the big one - I suspect the Bucks win that if they have Khris that series.