NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

20 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not worried about anybody in the West exploiting their limited size. Even Phoenix. Playoff Draymond is a bad mother fucker:

Embiid is the only big that I could see giving them real trouble, but he gives everyone trouble.

Jokic too, obviously, will have his moments, but doesn't have the team around him to do much.

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

I almost picked them to make the Finals - I just don't trust their health. They also won't have HC against Memphis or Phoenix if that's the path. 

KAT is lurking and looked great last game. 

It will be interesting for sure. If healthy, on offense Golden State is just deadly. Who knows how it will run its course?

I do think that we can see just from the first few games that playoff NBA basketball is light years ahead of regular season NBA basketball. The difference is just amazing. 

What time is tonight's LeBronRussellAD Lakers game? 🤣

This Philly v Toronto game is going to get ugly of the refs don’t get it under control. Tbeh have swallowed the whistle a lot early on and now Embiid gets jack knifed with a common foul. They are clearly trying not to give Harden or a Embiid contact fouls, but this is going to get dicey of it

keeps up like this. 

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m wondering if he’s calling the entire playoffs or is this some sort of special occasion

I think it's just a side gig - guessing TNT needed coverage. He's calling this game and the next Bucks game - not sure if he'll be calling more. 

I know some folks don't love him but it's such a fresh sound. 

• Like 2

Has a player ever fallen off as quickly from such a height as Harden has? I've just been watching the 4th quarter of this game, so maybe he's just checked out, but he's been the worst player on the court by a fair margin. Like he just sucks. Sloppy handle, poor decision making, no burst, not even a threat to score off the dribble at all.

2 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Has a player ever fallen off as quickly from such a height as Harden has? I've just been watching the 4th quarter of this game, so maybe he's just checked out, but he's been the worst player on the court by a fair margin. Like he just sucks. Sloppy handle, poor decision making, no burst, not even a threat to score off the dribble at all.

I think he can still play a little, but no doubt, age, conditioning, and rule changes have really done a number on him..... didn't see him tonight though, I'll admit.

22 minutes ago, Llogg said:

He was just fine for Brooklyn last year and kept them afloat while KD and Kyrie were out, and then got hurt in the playoffs and has just been really really mediocre since then. He could be washed but that seems unlikely to have happened so quickly, so my guess is lingering hamstring issues.  Maybe the hamstring knocked our the last vestige of athleticism he had. 
he still sees the court well, and for you don’t pay attention he will hurt you with his passing, but he’s just not a threat to get past you anymore and has no quickness and lift. 

Now, the 4th quarter was irrelevant tonight and Philly didn’t give a shit as they gave up a 20-2 run because they were just killing Barney early and got disinterested, and he wasn’t as bad early as late, but he wasn’t really good early either. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

I mean the guy is sprinting full speed through the paint towards the arc, takes a pass as he's still facing the sidelines with a guy no more than two feet from him on his heels, turns and fires without even being able to see the basket for more than a quarter of a second. Swish. 

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nice win by Dallas. That was a do or die. Any word if doncic is playing game 3? Might be better off trying to rest him game 3 and bring him back game 4 if Dallas loses

No way I'd play him game 3. 

I can't believe Denver gave 170M to a dude that physically has trouble playing basketball. 

I mean the guy is sprinting full speed through the paint towards the arc, takes a pass as he's still facing the sidelines with a guy no more than two feet from him on his heels, turns and fires without even being able to see the basket for more than a quarter of a second. Swish. 

Took curry about 20 minutes to shake off the rust

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nice win by Dallas. That was a do or die. Any word if doncic is playing game 3? Might be better off trying to rest him game 3 and bring him back game 4 if Dallas loses

Word is he’ll play game 3.  Situation is fluid though, but I don’t think he has Kawhi tendencies.

Luka as of this afternoon was still unable to take jump shots. I can't fathom a return this weekend much less Thurs.

Rudy's a difference maker at the basket on defense. I think the Mavs had 3 layups tonight and every time we got close to the bucket we looked to pass it back out. We had to shoot unsustainably well to beat Utah at home.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Young teams wilting when Golden State makes a run in the playoffs feels so familiar. Congrats, Denver, you've joined Utah, Portland, and OKC.

I don't think anyone thought that Denver had a legitimate shot at winning this series. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How long does Jokic keep getting a pass? No team will ever be a legit contender if he is the #1 guy. 

The fuck are you talking about man? Look at his playoff numbers. They surpass his soon-to-be 2x MVP regular season numbers. This will be the first season that he's failed to win a playoff series, despite being severely outgunned every year. Your opinion is terrible.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jokic looks like he is trying to get ejected to save himself from this ass whooping lulz. 

How long does Jokic keep getting a pass? No team will ever be a legit contender if he is the #1 guy. 

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The fuck are you talking about man? Look at his playoff numbers. They surpass his soon-to-be 2x MVP regular season numbers. This will be the first season that he's failed to win a playoff series, despite being severely outgunned every year. Your opinion is terrible.

No kidding, this is a legendary bad take. Vic, who do you think the 2nd best Nugget is. Hell, how many Nuggets can you even name without looking them up? This cast shouldn't have even made the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Warriors are going to be good indefinitely. Poole is really really good. Kuminga and Moody were great draft picks. And they haven’t even gotten anything from Wiseman yet.

They're a fairly average team without one of Draymond or Curry. They've done well to retool to try and make a couple more runs with this core but their window will close eventually - I think there's already been some signs of it. They certainly have everyone healthy and playing well at the right time. 

Warriors are benefiting because their bench is actually effective and not filled with geezer ring chasers. They were actually able to pick in the top 5 the last couple years while making good FA signings.

It’s almost like the team needed a reset year or 2. Playing into June for basically 5 straight seasons is a ton of extra basketball practices and games…probably an entire season and a half of games while everybody has normal off seasons besides lebron teams they faced