This months Trial of the Century Depp v Heard

Moby Ric

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

I never really thought it was about the money for JD. Seems pretty obvious she's insolvent/judgment proof. I also didn't think there was any way JD could have won a defamation suit, which is extremely difficult to begin with, but also because the facts didn't appear that strong to begin with. Now, though, it certainly seems possible that the jury could find for him. But again, I don't think that's his real intention. He wanted to clear his name as a wife-abuser, and he has overwhelmingly convinced the majority of the public that he is not. Regardless of the verdict, he's going to get work again. And at least the first few are going to crush it in the box office.

Agree 100%. If nothing else this has been a refresher to how funny and charming JD can be. Not since Nic Cage have you seen a public relations rehab so quick and fast.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Agree 100%. If nothing else this has been a refresher to how funny and charming JD can be. Not since Nic Cage have you seen a public relations rehab so quick and fast.

The thing is…if you’re dynamic enough an actor/actress you will find work. Amber can’t carry a film. Can’t carry what’s left of the magazine market. Can’t show up and charm people on a talk show or late show. Hardly anyone knows who she is and she will be a footnote in the Johnny Depp biography. I guess…

• Like 1

This dude that did the twitter analysis is absolutely shitty at his job and both lawyers did a shit job as well.

He fucked that up completely and then Depp's lawyer did a meh job of hammering him. They still scored points, but they could have roasted him and let him burn all afternoon. As someone that does this type of research, this is absolutely awful.

• Hook 'Em 1

The thing is…if you’re dynamic enough an actor/actress you will find work. Amber can’t carry a film. Can’t carry what’s left of the magazine market. Can’t show up and charm people on a talk show or late show. Hardly anyone knows who she is and she will be a footnote in the Johnny Depp biography. I guess…

Mel Gibson is crazy AF and started working again after being a racist, sexist POS. Depp will work again as long as he does a rehab stint to assure he’s insurable by the studios.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Mel Gibson is crazy AF and started working again after being a racist, sexist POS. Depp will work again as long as he does a rehab stint to assure he’s insurable by the studios.

Insurable (fuck you auto spell) is all that matters…

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

This dude that did the twitter analysis is absolutely shitty at his job and both lawyers did a shit job as well.

He fucked that up completely and then Depp's lawyer did a meh job of hammering him. They still scored points, but they could have roasted him and let him burn all afternoon. As someone that does this type of research, this is absolutely awful.

They were told there would be no math.

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Yes, agree. I forgot about that one.

He was good in Blow, too.  I have always considered him kind of benign wastoid/weirdo.  So maybe not a totally upstanding guy, but not a horrible person, either.  

Heard, on the other hand, seems like a real piece of work.  However, although borderline and the other "Axis II" personality disorders are not well understood, they are usually the result of childhood trauma, which can include sexual or other abuse, or simply negligent parents.  So, she may be deserving of a bit of sympathy, herself.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Agreed. Amber is a terrible actress. Regardless of the Johnny stuff, she is not good. Her looks have gotten her into movies with big name stars but she still can’t deliver. Her press interviews aren’t very flattering. She’s not a likable person. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

This guy might be the worst expert witness that I have ever seen.

Was coming to say the same thing.  I've never seen an expert witness get this worked up and combative.

• Hook 'Em 2

Agreed. Amber is a terrible actress. Regardless of the Johnny stuff, she is not good. Her looks have gotten her into movies with big name stars but she still can’t deliver. Her press interviews aren’t very flattering. She’s not a likable person. 

I’d like to see her get into adult movies.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Can anyone figure out what the disconnect was? The guy pretty much said that all witness psychiatric testimony was against ethics rules. There's something missing here right? Are the evaluations usually court ordered or volunteered and so he's just trying to get around that?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

It seems like AH team hired the worst expert witnesses they could.

They are not only unlikable but get hammered on cross and look lost.

I'm questioning whether these people are experts vs. random people they picked up in the parking lot.

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Apparently being Mera is the same as being Wonderwoman or Captain Kirk.

The expert witness didn't know Chris Pine was Captian Kirk, didn't know Star Trek came out before Wonder Woman.  She thought his breakout role was Wonder Woman. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Can anyone figure out what the disconnect was? The guy pretty much said that all witness psychiatric testimony was against ethics rules. There's something missing here right? Are the evaluations usually court ordered or volunteered and so he's just trying to get around that?

Yes. Depp’s attorney hammered this expert. The cross ended bizarrely (expert was trying to say Depp was poor functioning bc his former agent said Depp wore an ear piece on the set of movies…which is quite common.) Watching Depp facepalm after this ended was hilarious:

"Do you know whether Marlon Brando used an earpiece?" Dennison queried.

"Isn't he dead?" Spiegel replied. "So the answer is no, he does not use one now."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes. Depp’s attorney hammered this expert. The cross ended bizarrely (expert was trying to say Depp was poor functioning bc his former agent said Depp wore an ear piece on the set of movies…which is quite common.) Watching Depp facepalm after this ended was hilarious:

"Do you know whether Marlon Brando used an earpiece?" Dennison queried.

"Isn't he dead?" Spiegel replied. "So the answer is no, he does not use one now."

This doctor witness seemed a few steps away from being a complete lunatic when his buttons were pushed. 

His arrogance reminded me of the doctor in that M. Night Shyamalan movie “Old” at the beach. *Spoiler alert* The well credentialed doctor was losing his marbles and kept asking which movie started Marlon Brando. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So Amber’s witnesses (outside of her sister): none of them saw Depp hit her. Just heard her story after these beatings and assaults she claimed happened. She even doctored pictures of herself…to show a more prominent “bruise” that could easily have been made with makeup. Even cops responding to an alleged incident didn’t even give her a domestic violence pamphlet with numbers to call bc neither cop believed she was a victim. 

She has tons of recordings (audio and video) of Depp ranting and raving and destroying objects but none of him hitting her, talking about hitting her etc…no letters apologizing for hitting her…no audio or pictures of him attacking her. 

Her expert testified about Depp without ever having examined him. Which is bullshit. At least Dr Curry met with Amber twice for several hours when she diagnosed her as having Borderline Personality Disorder and being a narcissist. That last part is probably a buttload of celebrities though..:

All they could find is a bitter Ellen Barkin who had a couple of months long intimate relationship with Depp he never wanted to turn serious to say he was jealous and a heavy drinker and once thru a wine bottle in the direction of her and other people but it didn’t land near or hit anyone.

hollywood “experts” claiming Heard was on the level of megastars and was robbed of her “moment” by Depp’s trying to “ruin her career. Like she could have been the next Margot Robbie y’all! The next Wonder Woman! Wtf? 

she’s been caught in several lies imo on the stand. I think the jury will find she simply isn’t credible. Will that mean they will believe Depp never hit her despite his drug and alcohol problems and destruction of property in their very toxic relationship? I don’t know. But I’d have to think that many people certainly doubt her at this point and that this was all orchestrated by her from the jump. Jmo

Edited by Nicole44

I’m thinking the outcome may be a hung jury which be a win for Depp because he’s won in the court of public opinion, she will be on the hook to pay her legal bills and probably not get anymore acting jobs while Depp makes a big comeback. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I’m thinking the outcome may be a hung jury which be a win for Depp because he’s won in the court of public opinion, she will be on the hook to pay her legal bills and probably not get anymore acting jobs while Depp makes a big comeback. 

I thought if it was a hung jury, Johnny would be on the hook for her legal fees too? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

How long generally are civil trials?  This seems like it's been going on way too long, but maybe it's just par for the course?  This one needs to wrap it especially when the end result win/lose nothing is going to change.

I was in a seed potato fungus trial that lasted a month.  Seed potato fungus. . 

• Haha 1

No Depp.... :(

And that the defense rested, lets see how the motion to dismiss goes..

Dont think the judge will do it, but the AH side never tied the statements to Depp himself.

Motion to strike denied. Expected outcome, but still needed to be done.

Edited by Laxtonto

Disappointing, but I get it. At this point, I don’t think JD back on the stand has any benefit. He has overwhelmingly achieved his primary goal. He has cleared his name in the eyes of the public, and assuming he’s insurable, he will get jobs again. Any money judgment is irrelevant as she will never be able to pay it. She’s apparently already insolvent, and now she’s likely destroyed any chance of ever being in a major production again unless she finances it. Whatever JD has to come out of pocket for legal fees will easily be recouped from his next films/projects so that’s just the cost of doing business.

• Hook 'Em 5

The Depp twitter guy is just wrecking AHs social media guy.

Shockingly, only 2% of this negative social media mentioned happened after the Waldman statements… 

He is just pissing all over that guys analysis. This guy just destroyed AH social media guy analysis and showed how elementary his analysis was. Ended up with only 95 out of 1.2 million that used the same terms as the Waldman statements….

Just fucking brutal

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/19/2022 at 1:44 PM, Nicole44 said:

Her time in the reasonably priced car wasn't even that good (and she drove the automatic).  1:50.3.  The slowest "dry" lap in that era of reasonably priced car. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i literally have no idea what either of the last two posts is saying 😜 lol

Can't help you with laxtonto's, but @dcbc is referring to a segment on the popular automobile-oriented BBC television show  "Top Gear" where they "put a star in a reasonably priced car" and ask them to drive their fastest possible lap around a race course.  Tons of huge stars have been on the show.

And also, apparently, so has Amber Heard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just FYI but the "metadata expert" that is on the rebuttal witness list is probably going to cause some serious fireworks.

It looks like exhibits 712 and 713 are the exact same photo, with one slightly larger aspect ratio under a different filter to show "bruises"...

AH provided an evasive answer about them during her cross and now there is "metadata expert" Bryan Neumeister, the Chief Executive Officer at USAForensic, LLC, listed to testify which among other things specializes in data and image verification.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kate Moss finished with her bit in court via video. Amber’s reaction to Kate’s brief appearance is nuts: Amber’s just cray cray…no other way to put it…bunny boiler. She looks like she’s about to go to stabby town or something. Damn. 

41 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Why is she wearing makeup that makes her looked bruised? 

Well she’s slowly turning into this…sooooo…Kate Moss looked pretty good today for 48. Amber is like 12 years younger. Both have had their substance abuse problems…and yet…

0ED5EFD6-B6BE-47F4-94AD-01601D289BA1.gif

• Haha 2

So they called Depp... probably not sure I agree with the tactic... AH side does only have limited time to do so, so damage control and how they allocate their time to attack him will be real interesting.

Going to be really fun to see the cross

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So they called Depp... probably not sure I agree with the tactic... AH side does only have limited time to do so, so damage control and how they allocate their time to attack him will be real interesting.

Going to be really fun to see the cross

Holy shit! That’s great!