Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

If this should happens, wonder which division Texas and OU go to and if separate no longer play each other every year?

Assuming they keep the same divisional format, I assume Bama and Auburn will move east and Mizzou will join UT and OU in the West.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

TCU can finally make that SMU rivalry worth something.  Think Fatterson is sweating this afternoon?

ha.  fatterson and baylor are making up marketing materials right now that say Texas left because they couldn't beat them consistently like the old days.

Just now, dcar00 said:

ha.  fatterson and baylor are making up marketing materials right now that say Texas left because they couldn't beat them consistently like the old days.

Fatterson wouldn’t be wrong 😡

• Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I've almost talked myself into getting a Sicem365 account. 

Almost.

From what I’m reading, Baylor fans have just accepted they won’t be part of any realignment to P5 conferences.  They are talking about the AAC.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

From what I’m reading, Baylor fans have just accepted they won’t be part of any realignment to P5 conferences.  They are talking about the AAC.

I like that they’re still beaten down from Rhule and Mulkey bailing on them 

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I've almost talked myself into getting a Sicem365 account. 

Almost.

One of the first replies on OrangePower.com is a poster wondering if Texas and OU are just trying to "renegotiate with the BXII and want leverage."

Ummm....we've already got all of the leverage. There's nothing else to negotiate.

• Like 1

1st Generation Ag said:
tu joining the conference would undo all the progress we've made.
Bull**** it would. Not only does our campus have the culture, but our locker room has toughness. You can thank Jimbo for that. Even Mack Brown couldn't change the entitled attitude at t.u. They'd get their ass whipped every year by MSU like we did under Sumlin.

Chortle

• Haha 3

Just now, dcar00 said:

anyone that saw that video of the aggy AD and didn't see the writing on the wall is an idiot.  that guy's dog just died.

Watching that made me think about the scene in Independence Day where President Whitmore is firmly telling Judd Hirsch that there are no aliens, there is no Area 51 and the look on his face after the SecDef says, "Mr President....that's not entirely accurate."

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

First we need a billboard...

image.png.e48770186ac7f505d1c28c1299d75e0d.png

Jesus, for as much as aggy like to babble about tradition, they certainly don't know much about their own history.

Also, being the cleanest program in the SEC, if they actually were that, would be like claiming to be the cleanest girl at Tech because you only have herpes.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

aggy never has realized just how much they got used by the old guard SEC to break into Texas.  Now that they are no longer useful to that purpose....well good luck boys.  

yep.  Its too bad our AD was such a clusterfuck that we couldn't take advantage of the golden opportunity of being in a pretty easy conf to win.  OU just cleaned up while we were fucking around in our own shit.

SEC knew that NEB and Colorado leaving wasn't going to be enough.  

the best is going to be when Bama and Auburn won't be in our division and aggy thinks they got this. 

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Watching that made me think about the scene in Independence Day where President Whitmore is firmly telling Judd Hirsch that there are no aliens, there is no Area 51 and the look on his face after the SecDef says, "Mr President....that's not entirely accurate."

Funny because when I heard about this possible development, it made me think of the scene in Independence Day where Randy Quaid (Texas) is telling the Aliens (aggy) he’s back….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jwtexan said:

Lets talk divisions... 

You want old school two divisions... or pods? 

– Texas
– Oklahoma
– Texas A&M
– Arkansas
– LSU
– Missouri
– Ole Miss
– Miss State

------
– Alabama
– Auburn
– Florida
– Georgia
– Tennessee
– Vanderbilt
– South Carolina
– Kentucky
-----------------------Or---------------------

– Texas
– Oklahoma
– Texas A&M
– Arkansas

---
– LSU
– Missouri
– Ole Miss
– Miss State

---
– Alabama
– Auburn
– Tennessee
– Vanderbilt

---
– Florida
– Georgia
– South Carolina
– Kentucky

Pods all the way

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Jesus, for as much as aggy like to babble about tradition, they certainly don't know much about their own history.

Also, being the cleanest program in the SEC, if they actually were that, would be like claiming to be the cleanest girl at Tech because you only have herpes.

Sooo who wants to tell him?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Zwerneman on Finebaum... Said his source is a high ranking college official "who would know." "...an impeccable source, one I've relied on for decades."
Ended by saying pretty much a done deal, possibly within weeks (like he said in his story). Confirm that they went through the normal editorial approval process to make sure the sources were legit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

When do we start buying SEC merch and crap?

Fuck that. I will never rep or cheer for the conference. It’s Texas vs everyone else. The other schools don’t give a fuck about you and the It just means more bullshit means nothing unless you win. 

• Hook 'Em 6

The SEC membership (including A&M, regardless of how "reluctant" we'll make it seem to the media) will likely unanimously vote based on one thing...how many extra dollars the deal extracts from Disney and/or Fox and adds them to their bottom line.