Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

If true that TX and Ou enquired they must have been shown the tv contracts and were unimpressed and asked what it would look like if they took their teams to the SEC.  Thats my best guess. 

Maybe this explains why CDC has been asleep at the wheel on NIL.  Maybe he's been staying up late playing chinese checkers, not simply checkers, thinking he's playing 4d chess.  

Yeah reports out of May were that the current media partners weren't interested in getting into bed early.

13 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

OU will do it because:

1) Money - Money me. Money Now. Me a money needing a lot now.

2) Hubris - they think they'll still keep winning the conference. And they might. It's not like we're talking about a bowl game, here.

Yeah.

Yeah.

Yeah!

…wait a minute, asshole

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I'd be ecstatic if I was Arkansas right now. They haven't been the same since going to the SEC and A&M joining didn't really help. They'd have more competition for Texas recruits, but bringing back that rivalry would be help them a lot. A&M and OU seem like the biggest losers. Literally and figuratively. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

I'd be ecstatic if I was Arkansas right now. They haven't been the same since going to the SEC and A&M joining didn't really help. They'd have more competition for Texas recruits, but bringing back that rivalry would be help them a lot. A&M and OU seem like the biggest losers. Literally and figuratively. 

They may never win more than 4 games again.

15 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

I say do it.  Do it to fuck with the Aggies and Mizzou.  Do it to fuck with Tech.  Do it to leave Fatterson on an island alone with Mike Gundy so they can suck each other off.  Do it so we can play Arky, LSU, and Aggo rather than KU, ISU, and KSU.  And fuck West Virginia while we’re at it.  Burn the whole goddamn thing down and let’s go conquer the SEC.  Those rubes don’t know what they’re doing inviting the wolf into their house.  Let’s fuckin do it!

You sound just like aggy....10 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bama/LSU

14 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Georgia/Auburn

I don't either of those two have to be played every year.

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Lulz if Aggy and Missouri thinks they have a say in this.

Exactly. If the rest of the league wants it to happen, it will happen. aggy and Mizzou have no clout.

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

I'd be ecstatic pissed if I was Arkansas right now. They haven't been the same since going to the SEC and A&M joining didn't really help. They'd have more even less competition for Texas recruits, but bringing back that rivalry would be NO help them a lot. A&M and OU seem like the biggest losers. Literally and figuratively. 

fify

And broadly speaking, I have mixed emotions about this.  I'm a child of the SWC days, and there's still something to miss about that.  And I'm not thrilled to see what CFB has become, and see this for what it is -- the final nail in the "college football is professional football" coffin.
BUT.....the counterpoint is one that I just can't get past, because I am a juvenile, petty SOB....and that counterpoint is this raging river of dumbstruck aggy tears:
deany0f-2b493ccf-e57a-41f7-8596-4f24e804b0f4.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U4YmU1NzNjLWNmYjktNDM0Ny1iZjhmLWY5N2MzZTlmYzI0OVwvZGVhbnkwZi0yYjQ5M2NjZi1lNTdhLTQxZjctODU5Ni00ZjI0ZTgwNGIwZjQuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.fQvf-JKv7GqPtBuLsYDXKxsSanowh_IigqPBdKzwEsQ

And the counterpoint wins the day. If all of this shit is going to happen -- and it is -- then the scenario that makes aggy sputter and cry for eternity is the one I favor.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly..except I barely remember the SWC, and add another thing..simply too much shit changing too quickly. I'm already mourning the near death of internal combustion engines (automakers are rushing to empty their parts bins and hold nothing back now) and now CFB becomes NFL lite...AND a conference change is happening as well? Too much too soon..but the conference thing is overdue so I'll allow it.

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

This would be good for Arky.  Letting in Aggy helped with their ruination.  They could sort of recruit Texas on the angle that they were an SEC school that played in Texas somewhat frequently.  That ship sank with Aggy despite the Arkies having giant erection about Aggy jumping into bed with them.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Interested to see how this plays in the Okie ledge when they're not voting about critical race theory and trans surgeries or some such.

They seem like a good pickup for the Big 10 superleague. They should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Ashley Schaeffer said:

Hilarious how Aggies were claiming that Texas was dodging the rivalry and now their dork of an AD is literally crying on camera about us joining them.

Nah, they've already twisted it to "Texas is desperate to join the SEC and follow OUR footsteps"

4 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

We will dominate basketball. 

Beard has to have a fucking rager right now.  Brand new arena, recruiting doing what it’s doing and an SEC hoops schedule?  Holy fuck. 

Also, baseball season would be so fucking fun.  There would be a good series damn near every week.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Beard has to have a fucking rager right now.  Brand new arena, recruiting doing what it’s doing and an SEC hoops schedule?  Holy fuck. 

Also, baseball season would be so fucking fun.  There would be a good series damn near every week.  

Texas would eat up SEC Basketball, and Tennesse, Florida and OU wouldn't suck.  The Baseball would be UNREAL. And of course it'll be the only football conference that matters, as only Clemson, Ohio St, ND, Michigan, and USC have any brand clout outside of the SEC.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Texas would eat up SEC Basketball, and Tennesse, Florida and OU wouldn't suck.  The Baseball would be UNREAL. And of course it'll be the only football conference that matters, as only Clemson, Ohio St, ND, Michigan, and USC have any brand clout outside of the SEC.

Think you're forgetting about that bball program at Kentucky too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Fortunately for Arky, they get an extra head start on the assbeatings 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And broadly speaking, I have mixed emotions about this.  I'm a child of the SWC days, and there's still something to miss about that.  And I'm not thrilled to see what CFB has become, and see this for what it is -- the final nail in the "college football is professional football" coffin.

BUT.....the counterpoint is one that I just can't get past, because I am a juvenile, petty SOB....and that counterpoint is this raging river of dumbstruck aggy tears:

deany0f-2b493ccf-e57a-41f7-8596-4f24e804

And the counterpoint wins the day. If all of this shit is going to happen -- and it is -- then the scenario that makes aggy sputter and cry for eternity is the one I favor.

Mostly this, but there is some appeal in that even as it continues the professionalization of the sport, it actually does give a nod to the regional element of the sport by having aggy, piggy, OU, and LSU on the schedule every year. That's a pretty solid core group; plenty of history with 3/4 and LSU is the most natural rival that isn't. We all have friends, family, coworkers from those places. We're not about to stop playing Baylor, Tech, and TCU either, those schools will be worked into the non-conference schedule. So it may make it more fun.

I wonder if the B12 would try and hang on following a Texas/OU departure. It would immediately be either a P4 or P6 type situation - guessing everyone would have to try and find a new home. 

Sorry if someone laid all that out already - it's a big question.

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Missourians will all be dead from the delta strain of Covid before any vote. 

A bit surprised in a way OU wants to go along with Texas - I actually think they’d be a great B10 fit and they’d wreck shop in it aside from Buckeye. 

OU is too stupid for the B10.  B10 at least acts like academics matter.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That game doesn't have to be every year IMO. The only non-negotiable games would be:

• Texas-OU
  • Auburn-Alabama
  • Alabama-Tennessee
  • Florida-Georgia
  • Ole Miss-Miss State
  • Texas-aggy (if you want to throw aggy a bone)

Am I missing any others?

I believe UGA/Auburn is the oldest rivalry in the SEC.  Could be mistaken. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:
deany0f-2b493ccf-e57a-41f7-8596-4f24e804b0f4.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U4YmU1NzNjLWNmYjktNDM0Ny1iZjhmLWY5N2MzZTlmYzI0OVwvZGVhbnkwZi0yYjQ5M2NjZi1lNTdhLTQxZjctODU5Ni00ZjI0ZTgwNGIwZjQuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.fQvf-JKv7GqPtBuLsYDXKxsSanowh_IigqPBdKzwEsQ

Pretty much my thoughts exactly..except I barely remember the SWC, and add another thing..simply too much shit changing too quickly. I'm already mourning the near death of internal combustion engines (automakers are rushing to empty their parts bins and hold nothing back now) and now CFB becomes NFL lite...AND a conference change is happening as well? Too much too soon..but the conference thing is overdue so I'll allow it.

Internal combustion talk not going away. 

finally caught up after being offline today...and getting a text half an hour ago from my one aggy friend who does not seem happy lol. well neither am i...but i realize it's the best move. sigh.

the SEC logo on the uniforms better be SMALL and better not fuck up the stormtrooper whites! 😡

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Checking in on TexAgs:

A&M, Mizzou, Arky, and LSU are likely hard NO so that decision is already DOA!

My understanding is that we also have an agreement with S Carolina they will vote no for Texas for us and we will vote no for Clemson if ever they wanted in the SEC. Not to mention, Jimbo is not worried about playing the lowly whorns. Check his record against Florida while he was at Florida St. He is now 8-1 against the "Florida flagship"..
We have passed the sip flakes and ou and they know it. This is their only desperate move to keep up
Edited by LTbear

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't either of those two have to be played every year.

Deep South's Oldest Rivalry

The Auburn–Georgia football rivalry is a college football rivalry game between the Auburn Tigers and Georgia Bulldogs. The two teams first played each other in 1892, and the rivalry has been renewed annually since 1944 for a total of 125 games as of 2020