Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I couldn't care less. Now maybe that is foolish and A&M represents some big threat that must be countered, but generally it is hard for me to make putting them in their place that big of a deal. I want us to win, I don't care what happens to A&M.

why not both?

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:
  Hide contents

From Iceman on another board 
Texted guy in SEC marketing. 

This isn't a guy that's involved in negotiations related to conference membership. But, he's in the loop because marketing is part of the group that works with ABC, ESPN, etc on contracts, promotion, etc. 

I texted him, saying "I bet your phone's blowing up". He responded and said the SEC and TX/OU have been talking for a while. He said today's leak was A&M's attempt to kill UT's addition. In short, they've spent weeks trying to get support to oppose, but the financial numbers are so big, there aren't enough votes to kill it. So this was A&M's petty, last ditch effort to kill it by leaking it and hoping the TX or OK legislatures are able to end the move. If either doesn't kill it, the move is going to happen.

The Texas Legislature is sidelined, so that major hurdle is down again -- the last time this opportunity was possible where the Texas Legislature couldn't interfere was 2003.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I prefer the SuperPAC just because the road trips are way more fun but I can come around on a division schedule with OU, LSU, pig, and yes, aggy

Sorry road trips to Oxford, BR, Nashville and Knoxville blow the PAC-12 roadies put of the water. I want to go to real college towns not big cities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

You people saying the Lege is on the sideline this time because they are in their own mess don't get how it works.  All it takes is some phone calls and emails to lock up support for a promise to put a stranglehold on UT's funding in the NEXT legislative session.  That's the power they can yield and that can easily happen even with the House Dems up in D.C.

I'm not saying it will happen, just saying the opportunity for political fuckery is absolutely still on the table.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This feels like if the end of The Empire Strikes Back had gone this way.

"Luke, join me, and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son!". 

"Ok."

(movie ends)

Like if Kevin Durant went to the Warriors after almost beating them in 2016. 

Wait...

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You people saying the Lege is on the sideline this time because they are in their own mess don't get how it works.  All it takes is some phone calls and emails to lock up support for a promise to put a stranglehold on UT's funding in the NEXT legislative session.  That's the power they can yield and that can easily happen even with the House Dems up in D.C.

I'm not saying it will happen, just saying the opportunity for political fuckery is absolutely still on the table.

Don't go all Randolph on us

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Disagree. Bigger fish to fry, according to them, otherwise they'd come back and end the Legislature stalemate, don't you think?

15 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Anyone check the other B12 boards… checked in on cyclonefanatics and let’s just say there were displeased…

Anyone want to check on The Rapist or the cockroaches?

Tech board sucks now, so they aren’t talking too much about it. 

Baylor board (sic em) shows they are basically okay going to the American but some are pushing for ACC. 

What’s the best OSU board? 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Tech board sucks now, so they aren’t talking too much about it. 

Baylor board (sic em) shows they are basically okay going to the American but some are pushing for ACC. 

What’s the best OSU board? 

I would think OrangePower

Can someone give cliffs notes about this lege bullshittery that could be pulled? I’m confused how they’d have a say
The general idea is that baylor, tech, and tcu get all their grad-reps together and threaten to fuck with UT's funding if they leave their schools high and dry.

For the record, I think it happens unless they feel really good about their landing spots, it's whether UT calls the bluff or not that's the bigger question.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk