Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously, if you told the other members of the SEC “you can trade aggy for Texas and OU right now”….the vote would be done before you get to the end of this sentence.

They would and the people with actual power understand that and they'll come to heel because deep down in their DNA they know who they are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Aggy rejoins B12 to become "Flagship" program of B12 in their eyes.  

They'd beg for the game to come back as soon as the ink was dry. 

The SECs use of aggy is now exhausted with their decade long open door to the state and now getting two more blue bloods to come over. Not saying it's gonna happen buy the SEC could care less about the ags at this point 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure there’s a statutory waiver of immunity for contracts for goods and services. But I haven’t looked at the particular statute in a LONG time.

It may be said for fun….but it’s almost certainly also somewhat true. If aggy is threatening to be a turd in the SEC’s lucrative punch bowl…the SEC would be foolish not to flush them and replace aggy with Texas and OU.

Seriously, if you told the other members of the SEC “you can trade aggy for Texas and OU right now”….the vote would be done before you get to the end of this sentence.

They could pawn Mizzou to the BIG, we could offer KU (both schools would say yes before you finished asking the question), and the SEC could remain at 14.  The divisions got trickier, as flipping Mizzou to the west and the Bama schools east is about as clean as it gets for divisional splits, but it’s certainly a fun thought before I hit the sack tonight.

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All I know is if we join the SEC and had the opportunity to pay 100 million dollars to the SEC to get them to boot A&M out it would be worth it.  Those would be glorious tears.

Honestly, I’d be in for a billion if we could pay it out over 5 or 10 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I can tell you as someone who works in the media and has dealt with the AD a lot, under Dodds info leaked like a sieve.  They didn't even seem to care that they didn't have many secrets.  Under Patterson info would get out, but it was often misinformation or was leaked for effect.  I haven't really dealt with the AD under CDC because my position has modified a bit and that's not really my gig anymore, but the folks I do know who deal with it say pretty much nothing leaks without it being controlled.  Even with former players and boosters.  CDC has done a great job of locking that stuff down.  Per my job connections, I usually get some kind of heads up from one connection or another, but this shit came completely out of left field for me.  

Didn’t really know it was beard and sark until 48 hours before

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Didn’t really know it was beard and sark until 48 hours before

I heard some talk that it was Sark about a week before, but I completely ignored it because I didn't think there was anyway in hell they would risk him with his history until he at least had a few years of success and stayed sober somewhere else first.  Beard was a surprise for me too, but I'm not really a basketball fan, so I never really mined that kind of info.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

SIAP but just want to make sure this is in the universe as much as humanly possible 

043FEA5C-889B-426C-8C7C-1A4AF0DD1A62.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=14544294

38 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Aggy rejoins B12 to become "Flagship" program of B12 in their eyes.  

giphy.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure there’s a statutory waiver of immunity for contracts for goods and services. But I haven’t looked at the particular statute in a LONG time.

It may be said for fun….but it’s almost certainly also somewhat true. If aggy is threatening to be a turd in the SEC’s lucrative punch bowl…the SEC would be foolish not to flush them and replace aggy with Texas and OU.

Seriously, if you told the other members of the SEC “you can trade aggy for either Texas or OU right now”….the vote would be done before you get to the end of this sentence.

Ah yes. Waco, Fort Worth and Lubbock. Absolute powerhouses of influence and economic production for the great state of Texas. 
I live in one of those (FW, the largest) and can tell you for certain TCU has a bit of money, but is still a small school/alumni base relative to UT. The majority of everyone else is either UT, BlowU, North Texas and a few stray aggy that forgot Houston is south. Same story with the Baptists in Waco, but they dont have as many people from other schools living there, no matter. Lubbock? Lol..

18 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Can we ask for a rider that bans Gary Danielson from calling Longhorn games.  Please?

That twat was one of the shittiest QBs ever to be an 8-year-NFL-starter with the Detroit Lions (I watched him play.) and no one cared how horrible they were, so he has NO credibility at all when making comments about good football playing is at any level because he wouldn't know good football plays if "good football plays" walked up, bit him on the ass, and said, "We're here!"

He stole money from the Lions and gave them nearly a decade of nothing but a dumpster-fire of a team in return. He gets immediately muted on the TV-- the Peter Principle, personified!

At this point with the SEC network already showing all of the nonrevenue sports, why not kill the LHN and if the $$ makes sense?

Dumbass aggy fucked up putting high school sports on there, so the value it was bringing exposure to the other non-televised content and having our own studio. If that gets rolled into the SECN, what do we lose?
Since LHN is so gotdam difficult to get for cord cutters, its a gain. Not sure even UT's non revenue sports benefitted from that debacle to a significant level. The whole LHN thing was an ESPN experiment, they just made the mistake of being so sure it would work the contract was at least 5-10 years too long.

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I think that’s only for parts performed.  Ask Mike Leach.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well then, it's been a full day, and nobody seems to be fighting back, so I guess it's really gonna happen. Better start brushing up your "S-E-C" chants after mocking it for so long. Don't even pretend that it's not going to happen. The majority of surly posters probably won't, but you know goddamned well a vast majority of the 100K in attendance will, because that's just what you do. 

I love the crying over NIL and player compensation as though it would "kill college football." TV contracts and realignment are what is really going to kill it, rest assure. The only solace I might take is that OU flames out whenever they play an SEC school in the playoff. I can only hope this means they lose more often. I don't like losing to OU, but it is better playing them then Tulsa and Eastern State Teaching College, where we'll probably end up. 

Goddamnit, if we are relegated, I'm done with college sports. Maybe sports entirely. Just make the football players contract employees, this shit has nothing to do with schools as academic institutions. It's officially a minor league and some of those extra billions of dollars better go to the players who create that wealth.

I feel for you, man. That would blow donkey dicks if it were to happen to Texas.

Maybe you could become a Longhorn fan. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Unless my memory is bad, I think Tech is the only one of the 14 Big 12 schools, past or present, that has never played in a BCS/NY6 bowl game.

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You played in the Cotton in 05 and 08. I'm always confused as to whether that constitutes a NY6 appearance or not. 

Tech also played USC in the 1995 Cotton Bowl after that car wreck of a season with aggy on probation.

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Absofuckinglutely.

21 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I heard some talk that it was Sark about a week before, but I completely ignored it because I didn't think there was anyway in hell they would risk him with his history until he at least had a few years of success and stayed sober somewhere else first.  Beard was a surprise for me too, but I'm not really a basketball fan, so I never really mined that kind of info.

I heard Sark too about a week before from a buddy who is pretty well tied in. I didn't really believe it but started talking myself into it as Urban seemed more and more unlikely.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well then, it's been a full day, and nobody seems to be fighting back, so I guess it's really gonna happen. Better start brushing up your "S-E-C" chants after mocking it for so long. Don't even pretend that it's not going to happen. The majority of surly posters probably won't, but you know goddamned well a vast majority of the 100K in attendance will, because that's just what you do. 

I love the crying over NIL and player compensation as though it would "kill college football." TV contracts and realignment are what is really going to kill it, rest assure. The only solace I might take is that OU flames out whenever they play an SEC school in the playoff. I can only hope this means they lose more often. I don't like losing to OU, but it is better playing them then Tulsa and Eastern State Teaching College, where we'll probably end up. 

Goddamnit, if we are relegated, I'm done with college sports. Maybe sports entirely. Just make the football players contract employees, this shit has nothing to do with schools as academic institutions. It's officially a minor league and some of those extra billions of dollars better go to the players who create that wealth.

You ain't gonna quit sports. You'll get suckered in once again with the promise of another season.

It absolutely sucks right now for you.

Fuck it. Carry on.

Nobody gave a shit about Stillwater, Ft. Worth, or Lubbuttock yesterday either.

Waco can fuck right off.

15 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Thought you might enjoy this TigerDroppings post (Wait! Is such a thing even possible?)

Topic is should Horns and Sooners join SEC? Wypipos post has 204 likes emoji106.png lol

77c07d1df8ab5c0f27e2463b279ff55b.jpg

Not afraid at repping despite the obvious shot at Texas right below. 

I also love that they've already adopted atm. Although they need to cut out the capitalization of the T. They'll be on to aggy soon enough. 

Edited by ztejas