Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

This is just.... bleak.

Ehh the flagship of the Pac12 is USC and while plenty of wine and cheese, there are also plenty of bangers and bros in that fanbase.  Oregon, Oregon State,  Washington State....they put on more clothes but a lot of them are still hicks.  

43 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Too bad this decision will be made before there is enough members for there to be a quorum. 

And don't forget there is the precedent of the legislation drafted to prevent aggy from accepting the STANDING OFFER.  He can just copypasta that bill right on to the floor.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Fuck the Big 12. Fuck all the schools in the Big 12. Fucking hangers-on. Coattail riding bitches. I hope yall fucking cry like bitches. I hope the big 12 refs fucking end up on the street and their children get put in an orphanage because daddy cant make ends meet and mommy gets strung out on heroin. Fuck baylor for rape. Fuck tcu for dealing drugs. Fuck osu for 2015. Fuck ksu for owning us for a while there. Fuck ku for being a one-horse program. Isu, youre cool but your state sucks dick. Wvu, good luck in fcs with your high school asses. Tech…. Lmao. No one gives a fuck about yall here, or anywhere

As of last month, we have the best athletic program in the country (Directors Cup, motherfuckers). Im sick and tired of these shitty junior colleges masquerading as flyover schools complaining about being left behind. Fucking do better. 

This is Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. 

Texas raided Tech's coaches and then blew up their conference.  Tech gonna be all

Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Also, isn't a special session limited to the topics specified in the special session?  So to address this issue, it could not be done unless Abbott called another special session on the issue?  Otherwise the lege does not meet until 2023?

i know this is not the cloak room, but has parliamentary procedure been a thing for republicans in the last few years?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's definitely this.  We're a steakhouse university joining a Waffle House conference, but there's no denying where the best football and biggest money is.

R.9c46dfff494d47f66b972ff8f5e8bbad?rik=8

• 1.  Waffle House #1623.    Open 24 hours

7809 E Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78744

• 2.  Waffle House #1683.    Open 24 hours

8800 E Highway 290, Austin, TX 78724

• 3.  Waffle House #2335    Open 24 hours

12304 Dessau Rd, Austin, TX 78754

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Well you know, people from all over the United States move to Austin. That Southeastern transplant market needs to be served.

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Now do steak houses.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Also.....I'm interested in the plans for the Bama fan's homemade fishing contraption.....

alabama20redneck20fans.png

That has "Brisketexan taking a lazy evening fishing the bay while also being a cheap bastard" written ALL over it.

floats should be giant beer coolers

I feel like some in the media are missing the fact that an expanded playoff means getting in is all that matters. 10 wins only means something if it gets you into the tournament. And it doesn't mean shit if you lose in the first round of the playoff.

Just like every fucking sport that ends in a playoff.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also.....I'm interested in the plans for the Bama fan's homemade fishing contraption.....

alabama20redneck20fans.png

That has "Brisketexan taking a lazy evening fishing the bay while also being a cheap bastard" written ALL over it.

Damn right.  I could spend an enjoyable afternoon with this guy. 

Just now, Ricky Butler said:

I feel like some in the media are missing the fact that an expanded playoff means getting in is all that matters. 10 wins only means something if it gets you into the tournament. And it doesn't mean shit if you lose in the first round of the playoff.

Just like every fucking sport that ends in a playoff.

Yeah that's true. If you start racking up playoff appearances it might not matter if you never win your conference/division/Pod/whatever the fuck.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

According to one of the OU guys on the Ticket, the 11am kickoff of the anniversary game of OU and Nebraska this fall rubbed the OU administration in a very bad way. They are tired of Fox dictating shitty game times. 

Fox is the fucking worst. Their broadcasts are awful and they constantly stick us with the 11 AM games. Fuck em. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

My understanding is that the grant of rights is not a contract.  It was a transfer of an asset (media rights) to the Big 12 for a period of years.  And my understanding that, due to sovereign immunity, such asset transfers are voidable unless the Texas legislature approved and authorized the asset transfer.  I could be wrong, but that is what I have read.  It's been awhile since I looked at it.  Like last round of realignment.

This was my question too. I would think UT would have been smart enough to structure the deal in a way that they would not automatically waive immunity under the applicable statutes.

18 minutes ago, HornyPony69 said:

Fatality 

C6AFC507-412C-45BE-8F12-034A2AF75CCD.png

aggy is shitting themselves right now and it is hilarious to watch. 

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

No idea who this guy is, but seems to confirm what we all think/know.

Yeah it is a done deal. The SEC always wanted us and now they got us. And they also got OU as part of the deal. You don't pass up opportunities like that.

28 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Since the SEC is ending up with more power than the NCAA, everyone should try to join the SEC. Bowlsby ought to be in Birmingham begging the SEC to 'merge' with the Big 12 with Sankey as commissioner and Bowlsby as the newly created vice commissioner. 'Merge' obviously only being a face saving term while Bowlsby tries to get as many Big 12 teams in the SEC as possible. Propose take 8 of the 10 teams. Leave out WVU who never belonged and BU as, well, no explanation needed. Make the SEC East 11 teams - the 10 current founding SEC members plus South Carolina. Make the SEC West the 8 newly added Big 12 teams plus the two former Big 12 teams plus Arkansas. Each division plays a 10 game round robin. The division winners battle it out in the SEC Championship Game, which is guaranteed not to be a rematch. Hell, call it the Sugar Bowl and move it to New Orleans after the SEC buys out the Sugar Bowl Committee with all its cash. Watch the SEC champion get all the AP and Coaches votes so that the little Pac 12, Big 10, and ACC ask to merge. Next step, SEC is the NCAA replacement, and it's barely into the 2030s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Intercollegiate_Athletic_Association

• Hook 'Em 1

There's definitely this.  We're a steakhouse university joining a Waffle House conference, but there's no denying where the best football and biggest money is.

Yep. Texas is already an iffy SEC culture fit, and in particular the current students and young alumni profile way closer to UCLA, Cal, Washington, Arizona, and Colorado than aggy, pig, LSU, Missouri, and OU. Bruin is on point with the fan memes. But it’s no contest in terms if revenue and investment in football.

Just now, gmr548 said:

Yep. Texas is already an iffy SEC culture fit, and in particular the current students and young alumni profile way closer to UCLA, Cal, Washington, Arizona, and Colorado than aggy, pig, LSU, Missouri, and OU. Bruin is on point with the fan memes. But it’s no contest in terms if revenue and investment in football.

I think the current students at A&M, Arkansas, LSU, Missouri, and OU are less like their fanbase too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/most-chicken--shite-program/97357538/

Man,  I really didn't realize the hate of aggy from the SEC boards.  This is another thread that's fun to read!  

Y'all get so upset at the SEC winning anything because TAM will claim it as their own.  You've just never taken the time to realize that the entire SEC hates TAM.  

6 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I'm always pretty skeptical, but the fact that Finebaum has started talking about how big this would be for the SEC instead of downplaying how no one cares about Texas and they are no longer relevant makes me think this is likely happening.

If this happens, he'll flip so fast, it'll make his remaining strand of hair fall off. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I'm always pretty skeptical, but the fact that Finebaum has started talking about how big this would be for the SEC instead of downplaying how no one cares about Texas and they are no longer relevant makes me think this is likely happening.

The same Finebaum who a few weeks ago had an entire segment dedicated to how Texas was irrelevant in the college football landscape? Fuck that guy. With a face like that he should have stayed in radio.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1