Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

53 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

In the long run, I think college football needs to remain National and moving Texas and OU to the SEC makes it less so in my opinion.  Im still with a Pac12 move to save college football from going NASCAR.

Can't trust California politics -- they don't really care about CFB

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Fox is the fucking worst. Their broadcasts are awful and they constantly stick us with the 11 AM games. Fuck em. 

I have no respect for any of the talking heads, but the ESPN technical people are the best. Been covering B12 games for over ten years as a photographer, and the ESPN technical people are professional and polite. The FOX people are assholes. 

ESPN sideline sound and video people move into position efficiently, know what they're doing, and take care of business. Fucking FOX sound guys take that big bell and just walk in front of people lining up their shots and stand there blocking them. They come charging down the sidelines, hollering "Get out of the way!" 

Whenever I do a game, if FOX is the broadcast network, I know it's going to be a shitshow on the sidelines. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Aggy is relying on all the other Texas schools to intercede and not just them.  

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

The schools that they ditched ten years ago?

Ten years ago the other Texas schools told aggy, "Good riddance."

Today they'll find whatever means they can to force Texas to stay.

18 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Someone explain to me how  the aggie "get the legislature to stop this" strategy  is supposed to work?   Which one of these is supposed to happen?

1.  Let the state congress to pass a law making it illegal  for UT to go to SEC,  even though ATM did just that and get the governor, a UT grad, to sign that law ?   

2.  Get the legislature to take away UT's funding in order to protect 2 private school's athletic programs?   Really?  And even if this were to occur, how long do they suppose that will remain in place?   If I was UT admin and was threatened with this, I would call their bluff, announce a  tuition system-wide tuition hike of  100% titled the "Protect Baylor, TCU and ATM Tuition Hike" and watch that get reversed in days. 

3.  If UT is going, Okies state government is not going to prevent OU from going.  Period.

This.

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I'm not gonna lie...I wish there was a way to bring back the SWC. I have to accept whatever happens. No question it is a seismic-level event that will impact quite a few conferences (if it goes down.)

That very well could happen with remaining Big 12 teams.

Kansas
Kansas State

Iowa State

Oklahoma State

Baylor
Tech
TCU

Add the following:

Houston
SMU

Maybe one of the following to get 10:

Tulsa
UTSA
Louisiana
UCF

• Hook 'Em 1

Your ease of getting to an away game is not why UT would look at moving conferences. It's about money and power and the Pac 12 has neither. 

UT could be in the Sun Belt and still be top dog in money and power.

And travel plays a big part in the logistics of most sports.

Nevertheless, Pac-12 is less feasible now. The reality is the SEC is a good move at this juncture than being stuck with Baylor.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

There will be an S-E-C! chant in our stadium in 44 days.

This is normally the part where I wake up. 

Season 2 No GIF by Martin

I will take my sock off and slap anybody in burnt orange that starts that redneck bullshit.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Unfortunately this is true now. Wasn’t so much a couple years ago when we almost bolted for the pac. Bummer though. I don’t care for the SEC. can’t help but think out gross ineptitude over the last decade helped cause this.

Would we have to wear that ugly sec patch on our jerseys?

• Rage+1 1

Tech seems like the school who would get fucked the most out of this deal.   Consistent top 25 revenue generating athletic department, large alumni/fan base, and the best they could hope for is a shitty bid to the shittastic Pac10, which would be a large pay cut.   Playing in a sisters of the poor conference with a bunch of religious schools and Coog High would be meaningless.  And there's not a damn thing they can do to mitigate this.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

paging @derpyhorndog it's flight tracking season....grab a cup of coffee and get to work!

The pod layout I present would protect the traditional rivals and gives room for the lesser rivalries that were a part of the SEC history.

So, knocking off the rust, but found some interesting results when I pulled up flight history for the jet that Sark first landed in Austin on right after his hiring was announced.

Here's where it has been over the last month (many of them multiple times - have marked that where I remember that being the case), categorized by conference of "potential connection." Recognizing the audience here is surly, I have denoted the more tenuous/speculative connections with "?". If you subscribe to the theory that this plane is involved in this whole ordeal, the stops clearly suggest that the SEC wasn't the only conference we were kicking the tires on.

• B12: Oklahoma City and Norman, OK (OU), multiple times
  • SEC:
    • Nashville (Vandy), multiple times 
    • Knoxville (Tennessee), multiple times
    • Kansas City (U of Missouri?), multiple times
    • Atlanta (Auburn/UGA?), multiple times
  • B10:
    • Columbus, OH (tOSU), multiple times
    • Minneapolis, MN (Gophers), multiple times
    • Chicago, IL (Northwestern), multiple times
    • Indianapolis, IN (Hoosiers)
    • Detroit, MI (UM)
    • Marion, IL (U of Illinois)
    • NYC area (Rutgers?), multiple times
    • York, PA (PSU?), multiple times
  • ACC:
    • Atlanta (GT?), multiple times
    • Miami, FL (The U)
    • Boston, MA (BC), multiple times
    • Washington, D.C. (Maryland)
    • South Bend, IN (ND), multiple times
    • Canandaigua, NY (Syracuse?)
    • Charlotte, NC (any of the four NC-based schools?), multiple times
  • P12:
    • Los Angeles, CA (USC, UCLA), multiple times
    • San Francisco and Napa County, CA (P12 HQ / Cal Bears?)
    • Phoenix, AZ (ASU), multiple times
    • Seattle, WA (UW)
    • Portland, OR (Ducks?)
  • Other:
    • Indianapolis, IN (NCAA HQ)
    • Stamford, CT (NBC Sports HQ), multiple times
    • Los Angeles (ESPN?), multiple times
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Here's my final solution:

ISU, KU, and Mizzou to the Big 10 (and they boot Rutgers).

TX, OU, OSU to the SEC.

WVU to the ACC.

Tech, TCU, KSU, hopefully PAC or maybe ACC if they boot Wake and BC.

Baylor gets proper fucked.

That’s adorably optimistic of you.

• Haha 5

Someone explain to me how  the aggie "get the legislature to stop this" strategy  is supposed to work?   Which one of these is supposed to happen?
1.  Let the state congress to pass a law making it illegal  for UT to go to SEC,  even though ATM did just that and get the governor, a UT grad, to sign that law ?   
2.  Get the legislature to take away UT's funding in order to protect 2 private school's athletic programs?   Really?  And even if this were to occur, how long do they suppose that will remain in place?   If I was UT admin and was threatened with this, I would call their bluff, announce a  tuition system-wide tuition hike of  100% titled the "Protect Baylor, TCU and ATM Tuition Hike" and watch that get reversed in days. 
3.  If UT is going, Okies state government is not going to prevent OU from going.  Period.

TCU, Baylor, A&M, Tech alumni may all be alarmed by this development. That’s, what 1/2 of all legislators?

Our AG Paxton provided cover for Baylor to stifle investigations and FOI requests during the rape cover-ups. He’s willing to go to bat.

The main difference now that there wasn’t then is that a Longhorn is now Governor and not a dumb aggy. Governor Abbott can provide a great deal of political cover and influence over our Board of Regents, whom he nominated.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

TX, OU, OSU to the SEC.

WVU to the ACC.

You….

You do not….

Sir, you do not have a SEC invite.

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

Tech seems like the school who would get fucked the most out of this deal.   Consistent top 25 revenue generating athletic department, large alumni/fan base, and the best they could hope for is a shitty bid to the shittastic Pac10, which would be a large pay cut.   Playing in a sisters of the poor conference with a bunch of religious schools and Coog High would be meaningless.  And there's not a damn thing they can do to mitigate this.

The PAC 12 is the only way they get to remain a P4 school and at least the PAC 12 would probably want to take them. I would argue that that bid is better than what a lot of the other Big 12 remainers are going to be contemplating. AAC here we come.

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If the powers of the SEC want this and Texas and OU both want it, as well; there's not a goddamned thing aggy can do to prevent it from happening. 

They're Fredo. 

And if they do manage to pull that off, TX/OU just go to the Big Ten and Aggy cost the SEC picking up 2 of the 10 winningest programs of all time, and the gap between the SEC and Big Ten narrows.  Those seem like the only two plausible outcomes right now. ACC and P12 are second tier dollars.

TX/OU to SEC - SEC has 3 of the 6 winningest programs of all time. B10 has 2, and ND to the ACC?
TX/OU to B10 - B10 has 4 of the 6 winningest programs of all time, SEC has 1, and ND to the ACC?

4 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

RedRaiderSports - Takeaways: Texas Tech hoops officially underway with  start of practice

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I think Okie Lite is getting fucked over just as bad as Tech.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

TX, OU, OSU to the SEC.

WVU to the ACC.

Okay, Stillwater Hitler

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I’m not in this camp. I’ve long wanted to play them. But then again, I’m probably a lot older than most of the Posters here. I was raised on the game.  And I miss it. 
Are they annoying? Yes.

Did it suck when Texas lost to them? Yes.

But you know what, it was even better when Texas beat’em. 

Go ask Ricky. He’ll tell you.🤘🏻

If it does happen, and we are thrown back into the yearly Thanksgiving game, I think it would be a fitting pay back to beat them by 40 points for 10 years straight.... sweet, sweet aggy tears.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

TX, OU, OSU to the SEC.

WVU to the ACC.

That would give the SEC 17 teams.

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I had no issue with Texas until yesterday.  I've made that abundantly clear over the years.

My issue is that whenever someone leaves they say "we had no choice, we had to do it".  Nebraska said this, and it was a lie.  Aggy said this, and it was a lie.  Why would I believe Texas and OU when they say it?  You have a choice.  And it looks like you've made it, and I just hope like hell we make it out alive.

In this case, a good partner would be working with the others to find a win-win resolution on the way out the door.  Not just dropping a bomb out of nowhere.  Working behind the rest of your partner's backs without helping them find a way out isn't being a good partner.

I know you're upset but when did Texas and ISU become partners?