Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Here's my final solution:

ISU, KU, and Mizzou to the Big 10 (and they boot Rutgers).

TX, OU, OSU to the SEC.

WVU to the ACC.

Tech, TCU, KSU, hopefully PAC or maybe ACC if they boot Wake and BC.

Baylor gets proper fucked.

ISU will never get an invite to the Big 10. OSU isn't getting an invite to the SEC. Tech, TCU, AND KSU aren't getting Pac invites. Wake and BC aren't getting the boot 
 this is stupid. The Big XII will just poach from the American and the MWC and call it a day. They'll be the new Big East.

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Here's my final solution:

ISU, KU, and Mizzou to the Big 10 (and they boot Rutgers).

TX, OU, OSU to the SEC.

WVU to the ACC.

Tech, TCU, KSU, hopefully PAC or maybe ACC if they boot Wake and BC.

Baylor gets proper fucked.

OK, but you have to get aggy booted to the ACC. 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Why the fuck is our fanbase so concerned about what happens to the other schools in this shit conference? 

Why care about any of this shit? I don't know. Something to talk about. Besides I have kind of learned to like a lot of them over the years...except Baylor.

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

I think Okie Lite is getting fucked over just as bad as Tech.

Yeah I think Tech's prospects are likely the best of the bunch. They are a valuable property. The PAC12 would probably love to have them and they would still get to be a major player.

But for the rest I don't know. Everybody just assumes the ACC will take WV but that is not certain.

8 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Tech seems like the school who would get fucked the most out of this deal.   Consistent top 25 revenue generating athletic department, large alumni/fan base, and the best they could hope for is a shitty bid to the shittastic Pac10, which would be a large pay cut.   Playing in a sisters of the poor conference with a bunch of religious schools and Coog High would be meaningless.  And there's not a damn thing they can do to mitigate this.

Well they could've won something in football. That might've helped.

3 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

TCU, Baylor, A&M, Tech alumni may all be alarmed by this development. That’s, what 1/2 of all legislators?

Our AG Paxton provided cover for Baylor to stifle investigations and FOI requests during the rape cover-ups. He’s willing to go to bat.

The main difference now that there wasn’t then is that a Longhorn is now Governor and not a dumb aggy. Governor Abbott can provide a great deal of political cover and influence over our Board of Regents, whom he nominated.

Anyone want to look at the whole Lege person by person?  There's bound to be grads from non-B12 schools in addition to Cougar High/SMU/Sam/Lamar/Southwest Texas State (yes, it will forever be called that)/TSU/PVAM/Trinity/UTSA/UTEP/UTRGV, etc.

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

If it does happen, and we are thrown back into the yearly Thanksgiving game, I think it would be a fitting pay back to beat them by 40 points for 10 years straight.... sweet, sweet aggy tears.

I prefer 27-25. At least sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

ISU will never get an invite to the Big 10. OSU isn't getting an invite to the SEC. Tech, TCU, AND KSU aren't getting Pac invites. Wake and BC aren't getting the boot 
 this is stupid. The Big XII will just poach from the American and the MWC and call it a day. They'll be the new Big East.

Why wouldn't B10 invite ISU? They're AAU, they've got a natural rival in the conference, and are a decent size.  B10 adding Kansas and ISU seems pretty reasonable if they can't pry ND out of the ACC.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

The only thing I want is a billboard in College Station saying “We’re Baaaaack”

We have frontage road property off highway 6 near Navasota on the east side that would work if there isn’t an ag closer to BCS willing to rent it. 

A dollar a year in rent work?

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, dark54555 said:

Why wouldn't B10 invite ISU? They're AAU, they've got a natural rival in the conference, and are a decent size.  B10 adding Kansas and ISU seems pretty reasonable if they can't pry ND out of the ACC.

Because they already have the state of Iowa. What does ISU bring them financially? I don't see it. Kansas Basketball is a national brand sure.

I certainly hope ISU ends up in the Big 10. 

12 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Ha, you just negged me for a pretty innocuous joke on the recruiting board and you’re pissy over here for some reason?

Seems like you’re in a bad mood, did you just order a shit load of Big12 branded Surly merch or something?

neg was a mistake fixed it btw.

We need a new tagline for this any ideas?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Why care about any of this shit? I don't know. Something to talk about. Besides I have kind of learned to like a lot of them over the years...except Baylor.

Yeah I think Tech's prospects are likely the best of the bunch. They are a valuable property. The PAC12 would probably love to have them and they would still get to be a major player.

But for the rest I don't know. Everybody just assumes the ACC will take WV but that is not certain.

Idk about Tech. The PAC has been pretty uppity about academics in the past and Tech’s are pretty horrible. I wouldn’t be shocked if they grabbed Tech and OSU, but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk by any means. 

TCU, Baylor, A&M, Tech alumni may all be alarmed by this development. That’s, what 1/2 of all legislators?

Our AG Paxton provided cover for Baylor to stifle investigations and FOI requests during the rape cover-ups. He’s willing to go to bat.

The main difference now that there wasn’t then is that a Longhorn is now Governor and not a dumb aggy. Governor Abbott can provide a great deal of political cover and influence over our Board of Regents, whom he nominated.

Abbott doesn’t GAF about Texas to the SEC unless it helps him stay in the Governor’s Mansion. He will do whatever it takes to make that happen whether it helps or hurts his alma mater. No CR (I hope — please edit if necessary.)
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Idk about Tech. The PAC has been pretty uppity about academics in the past and Tech’s are pretty horrible. I wouldn’t be shocked if they grabbed Tech and OSU, but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk by any means. 

Yeah I guess for leagues who still think about things like that. But access to Texas markets and Texas recruits seem like something they desperately need, they are falling way behind in the arms race.

44 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If this is going to happen, it needs to happen right.  

Four pods or two divisions with “implicit” pods   

Pods:

West 1
Texas
OU
Missouri
Miss St.

West 2
A&M
LSU
Ark
Ole Miss

East 1
Auburn
Florida
South Carolina
Vandy

East 2
Alabama
Georgia
Kentucky
Tennessee

You play your pod, a rival in other pod on your side of conference (should be obvious above other then Kentucky/South Carolina), one other team from same side pod and one whole pod from other side each year, rotating. 

That’s 9 games, three non cons, an SEC semis and finals and then playoff.  Profit!!!

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Southwest:

Texas

OU

A&M

Arky

West:

LSU

Misery

Miss State

Ole Piss

Central:

Bama

Awhburn

Vols

Vandy

East:

Florida

Gawja

Kentucky

East USC.

Reg season is dropped to 11 games now that playoff gets expanded.

Play only 7 conf. games with rotating pods every two years (essentially home & home)

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I guess for leagues who still think about things like that. But access to Texas markets and Texas recruits seem like something they desperately need, they are falling way behind in the arms race.

Sure but does only adding Tech really help them that much? They’re not in a major Texas market and while they have a good sized alumni base, I think PAC would have to take more Texas schools if they really wanted into the Texas market in a meaningful way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I was at both games. My brother was a student at Tech at the time. I also almost passed out yelling and had angina in the stands during the 2015 osu game

I understand because the 2015 OSU game may have been the worst officiated Texas football game I have ever saw but bet others here will point to other games.  

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sure but does only adding Tech really help them that much? They’re not in a major Texas market and while they have a good sized alumni base, I think PAC would have to take more Texas schools if they really wanted into the Texas market in a meaningful way. 

Tech will carry its weight. It will add value that the PAC desperately needs. Sure it is not Texas or A&M or anything but it is definitely a good addition.

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Should be a no brainier for Pac 12 to grab a couple of the leftovers just to get some Central time zone games. Ok State and Tech make the most sense

My guess is they go full court press and try to also get 4 teams total to respond to the new 16 team norm.

Maybe also get TCU & UH....

Not flagships, but two huge metro areas

The Big12 will die or the AAC will just take Baylor + Kansas St and likely the Big12 name.