Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That’s a bit of an overstatement. It’s just us and OU having an average of 1-2 bigger games each season. Depending on how pods/divisions work out, some years maybe more and some years less. We’re not adding Bama, LSU, Georgia and Florida every season

No, but when you’re in the sec games against tenn, sc, and the Mississippis get billed as top tier matchups. 

18 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

This is kind of what I'm hoping for. I can't think of who would find a home as quickly as tech though. Can we appreciate for a moment how we absolutely skullfucked Tech twice in the span of a few months? We stole their coach and then demolished their conference. 

Hell, even knifed them in the gut on the football field mid-Horns-Down.

So I am guessing the 5pm B12 Zoom meeting didn’t go so well with TT already signaling they are throwing in the towel.

The main guy that is plugged in on the frogs of war TCU board stated that before the meeting at least 1 school had pretty much began the process of solidifying their landing spot (I assumed he didn’t mean TCU because how he felt their chances are of not heading back to the MWC/AAC) and the real strategy of the call was to determine who is in and who is out and should they backfill of blow it up. Seeing these tweets make me think TT didn’t get the news they liked and there may be enough schools looking to go to kill the league overall.

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You know I don't want to shit on Tech but what did they expect? That we would be together forever? There are only so many spaces to go and we were bound for one of the conferences with only so much room. And we were always going with OU. And it was always ending when the Grant Of Rights ended. 

Just like everyone not named OU, they expected us to carry their water.

Welp, free rides over . 
Time to put on your big boy pants.

• Hook 'Em 1

Um. No it isn't. It's also every team that gets Texas or OU added to their schedule. 
Hypothetically - Arkansas/Auburn is now Arkansas/Texas. aggy/Missouri is now aggy/OU. That's 2 games and already a big difference. And that would just be within the division. 
If they do 2 cross-division games - you now get games like OU/Bama and Florida/Texas instead of Bama/Kentucky or Florida/Miss St.
I mean - are you kidding me? Have you thought this through? 
Also - that's without looking at the other side of the conference. There's no way of knowing what this will actually look like - but as has been suggested - say Bama and Barn go to the East. Now you get: Georgia/Bama, Florida/Bama, Florida/Auburn every year without fail. You no longer get Bama/LSU or Auburn/LSU - but you now get aggy/Texas, Texas/LSU and Oklahoma LSU.
The schedule would be nutty.

Maybe I misunderstood you. I interpreted your statement to mean tons of games garnering national attention. Us playing Arky, Kentucky, anybody from Mississippi, aggy, Missouri, Vandy, etc isn’t a bigger game nationally than what our Big 12 schedule would be. Sure, it’s a bigger game for those teams, but it’s not “like the playoffs” or however you phrased it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Maybe I misunderstood you. I interpreted your statement to mean tons of games garnering national attention. Us playing Arky, Kentucky, anybody from Mississippi, aggy, Missouri, Vandy, etc isn’t a bigger game nationally than what our Big 12 schedule would be. Sure, it’s a bigger game for those teams, but it’s not “like the playoffs” or however you phrased it.

I meant for the SEC as a whole there are going to be some crazy weekend slates. Any time you add teams you are obviously adding total conference games. Sure, there will be just as many shitty matchups across the conference and not every game Texas plays will be marquee, but you're ALWAYS going to have 2 or 3 must watch games. If they go from 8 to 9 conference games that's another 8 games added. And the 2 new teams in this case are both blue bloods that would also be reviving certain rivalry games. Texas/OU is now an SEC conference game. 

Potentially a Texas/Florida and OU/Bama home and home in conference every 8 years? 

It's going to be crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I meant for the SEC as a whole there are going to be some crazy weekend slates. Any time you add teams you are obviously adding total conference games. Sure, there will be just as many shitty matchups across the conference and not every game Texas plays will be marquee, but you're ALWAYS going to have 2 or 3 must watch games. If they go from 8 to 9 conference games that's another 8 games added. And the 2 new teams in this case are both blue bloods that would also be reviving certain rivalry games. Texas/OU is now an SEC conference game. 

Potentially a Texas/Florida and OU/Bama home and home in conference every 8 years? 

It's going to be crazy. 

They were talking about this on the radio today and how SEC isn’t going to just give us prime game slots as the new guy and we will have A Lot of 11am kickoff games.  

Edited by Hook1997

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I don’t think this is a done deal either.  Wouldn’t surprise me if 4 SEC schools vote no and Texas and OU end up elsewhere.

Disagree, but also McMurphy’s source was saying they don’t think it’s a done deal that Texas and OU are leaving the Big12. 

Immediately after a call about the conference’s future that we didn’t even bother to join. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hook1997 said:

They were talking about this on the radio today and how SEC isn’t going to just give us prime game slots as the new guy and we will have A Lot of 11am kickoff games.  

I heard part of the deal was that all of the Sooners games have to be at 11.

• Haha 1

Just going to throw this out there.  I think this is already a done deal, but if it does not go through.........Going to be some real interesting times if ou and Texas stay. Right now I would say Texas can't go to Lubbock after the Beard move and now this.   Texas will need a full security detail, no matter which way this goes.

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I don’t think this is a done deal either.  Wouldn’t surprise me if 4 SEC schools vote no and Texas and OU end up elsewhere.

If Texas wants to join the SEC, Texas is joining the SEC.

If Texas doesn't join the SEC, it's because Texas is getting more money not to join the SEC.

That's how this works.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1