Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just like everyone not named OU, they expected us to carry their water.
Welp, free rides over . 
Time to put on your big boy pants.

If only Bama would say the same to the rest of the SEC. the myth of the dominance is based solely on them being so good for so long. The other teams in the sec match up with other teams in other conferences.
  • Hook 'Em 1

If it's this far along where Texas and OU are no-showing meetings Sankey has the votes.  Aggy may pitch a bitch and all of this is spectacle to save face with their fans.  

The real interesting thing is I wonder if Sankey and even Texas/OU are working to find a few landing spots for other schools in Big 12....doesn't it just take 4 throwing in the towel to break the conference's back when it comes to GOR.  Have WVU or KU had much to say about any of this?  I'd be paying attention to the quiet B12 members.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

When the Beard to Texas decision was made, Tech’s big argument was that it was disrespectful for a fellow conference member to hire away their coach.   This move solves that.

Totally see that.  Which is why I suggest hiring Seal Team 6 for security.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If Texas wants to join the SEC, Texas is joining the SEC.

If Texas doesn't join the SEC, it's because Texas is getting more money not to join the SEC.

That's how this works.

Think you are seriously under estimating the number of schools, other than aggy, that may vote no in their self interest.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This could be the impetus to get the RRS at night if/when we get our fucking act together. 

I’m not sure the city of Dallas will allow it, the city drunk tank does not have the space that would be needed.  Lol. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

If it's this far along where Texas and OU are no-showing meetings Sankey has the votes.  Aggy may pitch a bitch and all of this is spectacle to save face with their fans.  

The real interesting thing is I wonder if Sankey and even Texas/OU are working to find a few landing spots for other schools in Big 12....doesn't it just take 4 throwing in the towel to break the conference's back when it comes to GOR.  Have WVU or KU had much to say about any of this?  I'd be paying attention to the quiet B12 members.

I've wondered that myself. It comes down to does the ACC want WVU for a Pitt rival. I think WVU could do well there. But then you're slicing off a bit of the pie for a school in a lesser populated state. 

KU would be great for any conference for basketball but their football program will drag you down. The only option I see is the Big 10 for them but I don't know who the Big 10 could get as the 16th because contrary to a lot of people's thinking on this thread, Notre Dame will not be a Big 10 team as they are committed in a right of first refusal to the ACC. 

I just don't see any other teams going to the big 4 conferences. Maybe Iowa State but I don't know if the Big 10 would see the benefit of that because it's all about TV sets and populations. They already have Iowa. 

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Patently untrue. I have no issue with CDC's hires outside of football, gave him credit for such on this thread and others, and you can't find a single fucking instance in which your claim in this post is supported. I didn't like the Sarkisian hire, which happened in spite of CDC but he didn't acquit himself well in the lead up to it, which I criticized him for, and I felt like he was an idiot for letting Sarkisian think he could hire Mike Stoops, which I criticized him for. 

Fuck you and the dipshit you quoted for intimating otherwise on this shit. There are plenty of honest things to criticize about me as a post, or mock, so you don't need to lazily go making shit up. 

Dude chill the fuck out. If you're some kind of super insider good for you. People here just talk, I take it all with a grain of salt.

I was just making a joke that all of our football hires since 1956 have been kind of circuses. I don't know what sort of evidence you need me to provide.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m not sure the city of Dallas will allow it, the city drunk tank does not have the space that would be needed.  Lol. 

I used to think this and the logistics of getting that many people out of Fair Park at night. But then Mexico just had a night soccer game in the Cotton Bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I've wondered that myself. It comes down to does the ACC want WVU for a Pitt rival. I think WVU could do well there. But then you're slicing off a bit of the pie for a school in a lesser populated state. 

KU would be great for any conference for basketball but their football program will drag you down. The only option I see is the Big 10 for them but I don't know who the Big 10 could get as the 16th because contrary to a lot of people's thinking on this thread, Notre Dame will not be a Big 10 team as they are committed in a right of first refusal to the ACC. 

I just don't see any other teams going to the big 4 conferences. Maybe Iowa State but I don't know if the Big 10 would see the benefit of that because it's all about TV sets and populations. They already have Iowa. 

WVU fans at their tailgates said the ACC will never take them because their academics aren't up to the conference's standard. Take it fwiw.

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Out of curiosity, I looked up KU and UK's winning percentages -- 0.474 and 0.499, respectively.  The 'cats get the edge in basketball, too (8 titles to 3).

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

One thing I find unfortunate is that by leaving the Big XII and joining the SEC, UT and OU do strand some schools that in a perfect world would probably land in the Top 64.  It's not as if Ole Miss or Mississippi State or Vandy are historically more important than ISU or OSU or Tech or TCU.  (I'm ignoring Baylor.)  But, there's an inertia that comes along with already being members of that conference, and they're not going to get kicked out if everything coalesces into a Power 4.  It will not be a clean start.

Vandy is the token private school that every conference has to avoid some freedom of information requests.  They also have great academics and good basketball and baseball and are in a good market that you can might actually want to visit.

The only bread in the SEC is them having 2 Mississippi schools but that way better than all the remaining conferences.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Vandy is the token private school that every conference has to avoid some freedom of information requests.  They also have great academics and good basketball and baseball and are in a good market that you can might actually want to visit.

The only bread in the SEC is them having 2 Mississippi schools but that way better than all the remaining conferences.

They were one win away from being a baseball dynasty last month.

And the SEC actually cares about baseball so that is a big deal.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The fight was over before they realized there was one.

Well, ummm, "thinking things all the way through" isn't exactly an aggy strength.  Seriously, any child could game this out:

Option 1 -- Texas tries to come in, and we successfully stop them.  There's like a 2% chance of that happening, because the money is just too damned much.  And, ummm, we (aggy) ain't a power-broker in the SEC.  We are along for the ride, and everyone knows it.  And the Texas Lege isn't going to step into this one, except to issue statements and shit.  So, again, 2% is generous.

Option 2 -- Texas tries to come in, and we do everything a petulant little bitch with no power would do to try to stop them.  We leak the story, we bellyache to the media, we cry to state officials, and we all do so SUPER-publicly.  And we fail.  Meaning that the only thing we accomplish is to look like a pathetic little bitch to the whole world.

Option 3 -- Texas tries to come in, and even though we don't want them, we do the math on options 1 and 2 above, and choose the path of "if Texas thinks they're ready to compete with the big boys, bring it.  We'll see your asses on Thanksgiving."  That way, we look like a real-deal dignified program that actually believes in itself.

And yeah.  We all knew that option 2 was the only path that aggy would ever take.  Fucking aggy.  They just can't help themselves.

I’ve been thinking this is a great chance for SEC to stick it in little Aggy  ass.  Given the chance, I think they will

• Like 1

This all falls into place pretty easily:

Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC, and the Big XII dissolves.

West Virginia joins the ACC who only needs one and Pittsburgh, Virginia, and Virginia Tech are natural rivals

Kansas and Iowa St go to the Big Ten because they are both AAU accredited and have historical rivalries with Iowa and Nebraska

Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, TCU, and Baylor move west to the PAC 10 because the PAC 10 will take whatever to get into the Texas market and get to sixteen

(Baylor gets in over Kansas St only because of the recent MBB NC)

Maybe the PAC Ten takes Boise St or UNLV or BYU or Colorado St instead of TCU or Baylor or Tech; but I don't think so

And there you have Four 16 team Super Conferences, with 8 geographically aligned Divisions minimizing travel and expenses and maintaining historical rivalries

You play everyone in your Division every year and alternate four from the other Division in your conference

That's eleven conference games, allowing one out of conference game for a twelve game schedule

Division winners play for the Conference Championship

SEC

Texas
Oklahoma
LSU
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Missouri
Mississippi
Mississippi St

Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Auburn
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

ACC

Notre Dame
Boston College
Syracuse
Louisville
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Pittsburgh
West Virginia

Clemson
Florida St
Miami
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
North Carolina St
Wake Forest
Duke

Big Sixteen (Ten)

Ohio St
Michigan
Michigan St
Penn St
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana
Purdue

Wisconsin
Nebraska
Iowa
Iowa St
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern
Kansas

PAC Sixteen (Ten)

Washington
Washington St
Oregon
Oregon St
Stanford
California
USC
UCLA

Arizona
Arizona St
Utah
Colorado
Oklahoma St
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, trueut2003 said:

How does the source on the call believe it's not imminent if Texas and OU weren't on the call?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Guessing that the conference stays together through the GOR and we would stick around until then. 

but as stated, the play would be to find takers for a couple more schools and scuttle the league ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Millionaire?  Maybe. That’s having a net worth of $1MM. Most college grads should be millionaires by the time they’re in their 40s. Not sure he does, but regardless, he’s terrible, and if you’re gonna wear an orange suit, make it burnt orange, not safety orange. 

He hosts a show on Fox and does car commercials now. He's chillin

10 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’ll be goddamned if I ever chant SEC SEC SEC. but I’m all for the move

or waive a mother 'effin pom-pom. JFC.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I think Mizzou would jump at a Big Ten invite but beyond that, no.

Missouri has been lifting their skirt and bending over for the Big10 for decades. Big 10 doesn't give them so much as a whiff and never will.

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This could be the impetus to get the RRS at night if/when we get our fucking act together. 

Sure. Maybe we could meet at other neutral sites as well. Juarez? Fallujah?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Guessing that the conference stays together through the GOR and we would stick around until then. 

but as stated, the play would be to find takers for a couple more schools and scuttle the league ASAP. 

If ESPN wants this to happen (and why wouldn't they), the GOR won't be a problem. They own the rights to the ACC, AAC, and PAC 12. Facilitating two moves shouldn't be too difficult.

I now it is old, but I need to see Hitler's thought on Texas and ou to the SEC from the aggy perspective. Which is so appropriate.

edit.

Something along the lines of them dominating by 2023 and then Texas shows up and fucks up their big plans.  I suck at internet stuff so I need a millenial to do this.

Edited by Moby Ric