Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Grant of rights expire in June, 2025. Of course, if 2 more teams find homes they could void it. 

What's funny is that this may have been the original plan, but aggy being aggy, thought they could kill it by leaking it.  What they really did was speed up the process though.  Just too aggy to not have some truth to it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The main insider on the TCU board had this today about the "upcoming B12 meeting"

Maybe the answer is KU got tipped off by OU and made plans already (even if it hard to believe) to the B10...

Or WVU to the ACC...

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think it's Kansas. Kansas basketball inventory would be a boon for the Big 10 that KU's football isn't a big deal. Throw them in the Iowa/NU division. The better question is who is the 16th?

It’s definitely Kansas. Look at where their new AD came from and his hire date. 

We really are living in the Matrix. Ten years ago Swaim was laughed at and ridiculed along with the handful of other "realignment insiders" whose shit never came true. Now y'all are linking his tweets and wondering why KSU is on the Pac's radar. Here's some inside information, they're not, and the next thing Swaim calls correctly will be the first. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone mentioned Rumsfeld. Here's a couple of his "rules" that apply here.

“If you’re coasting, you’re going downhill.” (L.W. Pierson)

"Know your customers!"

He even had one for aggy:

“First law of holes: If you get in one, stop digging.” (Anonymous)

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

We really are living in the Matrix. Ten years ago Swaim was laughed at and ridiculed along with the handful of other "realignment insiders" whose shit never came true. Now y'all are linking his tweets and wondering why KSU is on the Pac's radar. Here's some inside information, they're not, and the next thing Swaim calls correctly will be the first. 

How do you think this thread has survived this long with no actual realignment since TCU came over?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I think it's sinking in for me how huge this is going to be. This is THE dominant national sports news story right now along with the Olympics. 

TEXAS and OKLAHOMA in the SEC. Just bananas. The gap between the SEC and whoever is 2nd - the B10 I guess - is going to be hilariously massive. 

The TV money, ratings, merchandise sales are going to be insane. The recruiting edge is going to be insane. Basically every weekend you are going to have a crazy slate of games in conference play. Some weekends are going to resemble a playoff slate in October or November. 

If this does happen - the fallout is going to be something to witness. There's going to be a mad dash from all the other "power" conferences to try and put together anything that can compete. 

They also have a whole sports network with ESPN constantly touting how much more dominant the SEC is over everybody else, how almost all the championships involve or are won by an SEC team, blah, blah, blah.  And then there's tOSU and Clemson, who may come as a surprise to many, isn't an SEC team.  This is going to help Texas keep Texas recruits while recruiting Florida, Georgia, Cali and other states better as well.  Georgia and Louisiana will still be grounds for their home teams but it sure as hell won't hurt to bring in those states recruits to games in Georgia, Florida and Louisiana.       

I have no clue if we are going to the SEC but one thing that won’t happen is the SEC doing an actual vote where the outcome isn’t already known.  And Texas won’t allow a vote to happen where they aren’t accepted. 

If the SEC calls a vote, we are already in.  

Edited by JOSEYWALES66
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s definitely Kansas. Look at where their new AD came from and his hire date. 

Say it is KU, who is 15 then?

I doubt ISU (for a lot of reasons) but adding them both to the B10-W would make for some interesting moves regarding divisions.  Maybe just move Purdue over and keep all fo Indiana to the East?

I am going no on WVU and unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat ND is not happening..

16th for the B10 is way more difficult than expected

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Say it is KU, who is 15 then?

I doubt ISU (for a lot of reasons) but adding them both to the B10-W would make for some interesting moves regarding divisions.  Maybe just move Purdue over and keep all fo Indiana to the East?

I am going no on WVU and unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat ND is not happening..

16th for the B10 is way more difficult than expected

Cincinnati would jump at the opportunity 

Tech and oSu to the Pac-16 seems like the best move for them.  Tech also has history with the Arizona schools pre-SWC. Then PAC can fill out the other two spots with MWC teams (Boise etc.). I'm not sure they take a TCU or a Baylor.  I could see the AAC taking Baylor, Kansas State & TCU along with maybe a C-USA/Sun Belt team to create the 5th 16 team conference. Remember the rumor is the top 6 highest conference champs auto qualify for the 12 team playoff.  So its not all bad for Baylor, TCU, and Kansas State to play against AAC competition. Win their league and they should make the playoffs. 

Then WVU to the ACC with ND to get 16 for them, and Kansas & Iowa State to the Big 10 and they get 16.

5 16 team conferences. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

People just need to take this Barry guy’s attitude…

Just like Aggy thought it was good for them to be outside texas’ shadow the same can be said for tech. I wouldn’t disagree with this guy if it happened that way.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Why has everything in new sec been broken into pods? Why not just stick with west and east? 

Florida and Georgia, who have a much easier road to get to the SEC Championship, have to then add Auburn and Alabama to your schedule every year when the latter have to move East to make this work. Pods makes that not an issue while protecting both regionality and rivalries. 

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They must be awful to their rivals because most UT fans have liked having them around, silly Horns Down game aside.

Went to WVU in 2013 and 2015....great fans to hang out with and especially to drink with but they were pretty unequivocal that if we were Pitt fans they would have been throwing batteries at us.

Someone mentioned Rumsfeld. Here's a couple of his "rules" that apply here.
“If you’re coasting, you’re going downhill.” (L.W. Pierson)
"Know your customers!"
He even had one for aggy:
“First law of holes: If you get in one, stop digging.” (Anonymous)

Haha. Interesting ad showed up in Tapa for me just above your post.
9c5747b1a21f179882f67cc8ca5bdee8.jpg

That fourth bullet point - in the context of ctj's NLI podcast contributions - makes me think that there's been talk within the conference of limiting or scaling NIL to be "fairer," to the other schools, and that UT and OU felt like there was at least a possibility the conference might keep them from doing what they wanted at the level they wanted in the interest of "fairness."

That would explain Texas' flat footed rollout. I'm not the biggest CDC fan, but if there's anything the man can do it's organize money in the direction it's needed, even if he's not directly benefited by it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

FIFY. Fuck TCU and Baylor. I hope they get left out to dry.   They've been nothing but poisonous leaches to us and Baylor still deserves the death penalty.  

Texas to the cockroaches.

cockroach no GIF

56 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I think we can all agree we hope Baylor gets royally fucked over by all of this.

suck my dick GIF

There's literally nothing redeeming about either school.  Enjoy sliding back into mediocrity.  

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah that's the "official" reason. The real reason is nobody likes them. I'd bet WVU makes the top 5 for every ACC school's list of worst fanbases. 

I've heard this a lot but I have to say the one game I went to in Morgantown we were treated really well and tailgated with wvu fans.  Then again, I know the ones who actually have jobs and live in DC so maybe there's some selection bias

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s going to be so awesome when only Baylor and TCU are on the next call.  ‘Let’s give a few more minutes for others to join…’

Followed shortly by one of them getting a call from the AAC commish.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

He said nothing there that is untrue. Tech went along with every crazy PAC or ACC scheme we cooked up. They were loyal to us. But, you know, it's business.

I think they will be fine. They don't need the Big XII to be a top athletic program.

What choice did they have? What choice have they ever had?  Nobody wanted just them.  Now they get to make choices.  Now they, TCU and the rest get a true measure of their worth.

Edited by Mdhorn

44 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

They were in the Border Conference together, years ago. It'll be a reunion

After the shakedown & takeover of SEC by Cotton Bowl rivals, all else would fall into place with a nudge from ESPN eh..?

West Virginia & Notre Dame to ACC... Connecticut & Kansas to B1G... Oklahoma State/ Texas Tech/ TCU & Rice to PAC..?