Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

11 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

@Al_4_ISU See? This might not be so bad after all. 

It's Greg Swaim so it means nothing.

That said I think the odds of this working out for us are decent.  Even if we're in some kind of reconstituted Big 12, if we have enough money to keep Matt Campbell, it don't really make a shit who we play.  I go to Iowa State games to watch Iowa State, and our fanbase is generally this way.  Not the other team.  Never understood the handwringing about not having enough marquee games.  Plus, KSU and OK State are two of the schools I most enjoy being associated with.  Long live Farmageddon.

At this point I'm just relieved to not have to deal with y'all and OU's constant threats to pull the plug.  Plug has been pulled, we're not under the god damn gun.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I just happened to catch about five minutes of 610-AM talk about the move this afternoon and they had some ag on there in studio whining about "tu" coming to their beloved SEC and then they handed the mike to Arky Clint Stoerner who just fucking ripped the ag to shreds for being such a gigantic weenie. Literally left the ag speechless...When they went back to him, he tried to come back with some smack but could only croak, and everyone in the studio laughed at him.  

Rack him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

for those wondering why the Pac wouldn't take TCU or Baylor...there is a long held sentiment of "no religious schools" to be in the Pac.  BYU has wanted in forever and they're a better take than the other 2 I would think

Out of 3,000 new posts in this thread, I don't know why this one bothered me enough to comment on, but while you're analyzing the Pac's reasons for not inviting Baylor and TCU, don't discount the fact that they are Baylor and TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Both Tacos said:

Have you ever had one of the greatest meals and drinks that you are completely stuffed and satisfied?
That's how I feel after reading all that aggy whining.

posting forward for the day shift

the very first post is missing a few words (IN CAPS)... it should read like this:

"We left a toxic relationship THAT WE CREATED AND INFLICTED ON OURSELVES and now the SEC is bringing it right back to us."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's hilarious that they are acting like they've been there forever. They were in the B12 for longer than they've been in the SEC. We'll be a newcomer just like they still are. 

The shit talking and hatred across the SEC is going to be off the charts. You know there are some matchups that will get ugly quickly. Especially once OU (and hopefully us) starts handing out ass beatings.

Ironically, I had a meeting with Auburn, LSU and A&M grads yesterday and of course the topic of Texas and OU to the SEC came up. I've known the aggie for years, and he is die hard but a good guy and pretty even keel. Of the three, he was the calmest about it. The LSU grad was actually the one trying to count the votes to keep us out and thought LSU might be one.

Auburn and LSU guys were SIGNIFICANTLY more concerned about us joining than A&M guy was. I could only guess they were worried about recruiting. LSU guy was sad about losing the UF game, but I know UF isn't sad about losing LSU. A lot of bad blood there over recent events.

Flip side is I have very close friends that are Gator and Auburn fans, and they think the move would be awesome. All are very much SEC homers, and I am starting to understand why. When every championship you watch involves members of your conference at the very top, you know you have earned it if your team is there with them. The games are much better because it truly does "matter more" to them. Just look at the ridiculous baseball stadiums they all have.

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What constant threats? I like you and I like Iowa State. I would prefer reality to allow more local conferences to work. I want the Cyclones to have a seat at the main table. But all that said you're being way too whiny about this.

Texas and OU signed the last agreement and are trying to honor it up until the notification deadline (that's certainly at least partially because of contractual obligations). Neither leaked this information. Neither constantly threatens to leave. Now it's true that both have a lot of fans who constantly talk about leaving the Big 12, but you've been claiming you're mad at the schools and their athletic departments and not the fans but the ADs aren't the ones constantly threatening to leave. So be consistent. 

Neither school wants to put themselves in a position to be left behind like some schools are in right now. The very fact you feel like you do right now should clearly explain why they're making this move for their programs, schools, and alumni. 

I'm talking about fans and the constant hand wringing about kick times, the refs, how the conference sucks, blah blah blah.  Eventually that stuff filters upstream when big donors get involved and what not.  It got super old on our end.  I like everyone here, but try to put yourselves in our shoes.  It was very clear that if Texas and OU didn't think they had the shiniest toys in the toybox, at some point, they were going to dump the toybox out and hang out with whoever did.

And that's what happened.

Like I said, even if we end up in some league that doesn't get respect from the national media (like that's a change), we don't really care that much about who we play, and not having to live under the specter of constant decapitation will be a liberating existence, even if it's a less financially rewarding one.  

I'll put it this way:  I'd rather be married to a 6 that swallows than a 10 that's going to leave me for Jeff Bezos, even though we're already billionaires.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

TU weaponizing NIL is going to destroy their culture.

.... it's like living inside the Simpson's episode Homer's Viaje Misterioso.

Hopefully our athletes will utilize McCombs Business School resources in this endeavor.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If I see one more motherfucker say ‘frick’ over there I may have a god damn stroke.  

Look here, you Sooner ruffian. They are distinguished Southern gentlemen on SEC Rant and they will not stand for malediction on their fine website. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Apparently they want Texas fans to go “shite” on their board…

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/if-texas-fans-come--shite-on-this-board/97375106/

And just reading through some of the threads,  Mississippi State fans are on par with the snot buckets from Arkansas, OUsux, and aggy.   

Can't figure out what's more irritating - "shite" or "frick"

• Haha 1

Dang @Randolph Duke beat me to it ---

From Bohls "Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week."

Yes.. Yes.. Let the hate flow and wash over me.. I see you hayseeds - See you in November cowards.. 

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

OU guy

Well, he's not wrong. We have lived through 3 incompetent coaches that couldn't utilize the talent of this state and couldn't convince other players that Texas was a better destination than the SEC or Ohio State. This is a if you can beat them, join them situation (in recruiting). And that's okay. 

With all that said, it really bugs the Sooners that we're the belle of the ball even though they'd have more success in the Big 12. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The one regret every Iowa State fan who's posted one has stated is that ISU didn't abandon the Big 8 for the Big 10 when they head a chance. You're simultaneously upset at Texas and OU for hurting their conference mates by leaving for a perceived better situation and upset at ISU for not doing the same thing when they had a chance. 

It's purely selfish emotion, which is completely understandable and would exist here if the situations were reversed, but don't act like Texas and OU fans are the bad guys. We're just the lucky guys. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The one regret every Iowa State fan who's posted one has stated is that ISU didn't abandon the Big 8 for the Big 10 when they head a chance. You're simultaneously upset at Texas and OU for hurting their conference mates by leaving for a perceived better situation and upset at ISU for not doing the same thing when they had a chance. 

It's purely selfish emotion, which is completely understandable and would exist here if the situations were reversed, but don't act like Texas and OU fans are the bad guys. We're just the lucky guys. 

The only reason we wish we had jumped back then, is because Nebraska and OU turned out to be bad partners that ditched us.  Ohio State and Michigan are surrounded by equally shitty schools and they've never thought about ditching them.  I would MUCH rather the Big 12 stayed together over being in the Big 10.

The only thing I prefer about the Big 10 is that Ohio State and Michigan have never tried to leave.

We just want a forever home.  You want air conditioned doghouses.  It's not the same thing.