Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

As a bear fan there's a lot to sort through but goddamn I'm loving these Aggy tears. Years of bravado and SEC SEC SEC bullshit and now they immediately tuck tail and start crying to the media when big brother and his friend come back to town. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, maninblack said:

As we learn more information my confidence in the other schools and the SEC leadership is growing significantly.

After 10 years of A&M doing everything they could to ingratiate themselves to the SEC, the leadership of both the SEC and any schools that were involved still understood that the only thing larger than A&M's self importance was their stupidity and kept them in the dark. 

Bravo

I guess aggy can get up off their knees now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

How is that intriguing, Kirk?  It’s already been discussed: it’s staying as is, just as Fla-Ga do it and Bama-Auburn used to. 

Exactly. In the past 92 years, Texas and OU faced off something like 66 times as non-conference foes, 15 times as divisional foes within the same conference, and 10 times as just general conference foes. Those distinctions made no impact whatsoever on the reality that it'd be played in the Cotton Bowl every year without exception, there was never any substantive dialogue between the schools about moving it either to home-and-home or a different neutral field (a special "fuck you" to the token few left that want to move it to Arlington), and the only time this ever comes up in the first place is when it fits into the cookie cutter definition of what the fuck it actually is: a stupid person's idea of a smart thing to say. "Oh I bet they change it for the sake of changing it because things and words! Look at me I have a Twitter account!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I had no idea so many schools had a dedicated baseball logo.  Seems stupid. Get 1 good logo and run with it. 
Plus, they got our "dedicated baseball logo" wrong. We don't wear the ubiquitous Longhorn noggin on our caps. It's the block T.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

Exactly. In the past 92 years, Texas and OU faced off something like 66 times as non-conference foes, 15 times as divisional foes within the same conference, and 10 times as just general conference foes. Those distinctions made no impact whatsoever on the reality that it'd be played in the Cotton Bowl every year without exception, there was never any substantive dialogue between the schools about moving it either to home-and-home or a different neutral field (a special "fuck you" to the token few left that want to move it to Arlington), and the only time this ever comes up in the first place is when it fits into the cookie cutter definition of what the fuck it actually is: a stupid person's idea of a smart thing to say. "Oh I bet they change it for the sake of changing it because things and words! Look at me I have a Twitter account!"

Give Kirk a break. When he heard Texas and OU were moving to the SEC, he thought the universities had to relocate out of Texas and Oklahoma. Dementia is a bitch.

43 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s always been pretty obvious. Basketball blue blood with solid academics and a large alumni base. 

I guess it's just something I don't think about much. Especially because they are so shitty in football. 

35 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I don't think it's going to have to come to this, but at the same time, I'm certain that the Texas AD can hit a line of credit and fork that down with about a weeks advance notice. Hell, they had 1-2 similar outstanding loans and it didn't stop us from getting another loan to build the SEZ. Issue some bonds and they big money will show up. Or pay it off over 10 years with the SEC profits. We'd cut a check to get out for the 2022 season before we'd stay here to 2025. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

I am ready for the biggest FU tour in sports history. Texas has a legit chance to win the final Baseball and Basketball (with an outside chance of football showing out) conference championships in the conference that they helped blow up. OU should help by winning softball and football is expectations are met.  This will be the most fun season ever as we stroll through each season rocking the double birds

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

They are lucky we ever asked them in.  Ingrates.  

I always felt like that was a mistake.  Other then ASU in the Rose Bowl blowing the NC to tOSU decades ago I couldn't recall if either team made it back since admission.  

1 minute ago, BevoSwag said:

I always felt like that was a mistake.  Other then ASU in the Rose Bowl blowing the NC to tOSU decades ago I couldn't recall if either team made it back since admission.  

UofA has never even appeared in the Rose Bowl.

47 minutes ago, Zeus said:

ONLY $70 to ditch the shit12?

What the fuck is taking so long?

PS

It's already a done deal, the leak came out once aggy found out and they are pissed. The only route they (think) they have is through legislature getting involved.

Hilarious 

THE PRESTIGE:

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you, the members of the Texas State Legislature, the fact that The Agricultural & Mechanical College is a branch of the University of Texas, enshrined, memorialized and documented in the Constitution of the State of Texas, and when 2 initiatives to separate the College from the University were brought before this body in 1915 and 1919, on both occasions the legislation was put to vote by the people of Texas, and both times the citizens defeated the constitutional proposition.  The Agricultural & Mechanical College is, always has been, and today remains a branch of the University of Texas of Austin.   Thus, when The College joined the S!E!C! in 2011, by default, The University joined the S!E!C! in 2011.   Therefore, The University of Texas at Austin is *ALREADY* a member of the S!E!C!, and any legislation proposed by aggy to prevent what has already occurred, is both embiggened AND cromulent.

Abracadara.

Praise Bob.

Praise the Laser Projekt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look, Texas has no one to blame but themselves for the failures on the field over the last decade. But playing a scheduled where 90% of the teams are little brothers with a massive chip on their shoulder whose most important game is Texas every year gets old. It really sucks when they beat us (which has happened a lot), it still kinda sucks even when we win. It's just not that interesting. 

More often than not (post Charlie Strong) we seem to play our best against the bigger opponents/programs. If this move to the SEC happens, I think we're gonna do very well. 

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!