Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Let’s please make a pact to never chant “SEC” at any Texas sporting event. I’m fine with putting it in writing. 

It's been settled.  Other than the first time you all play aggy and are up a couple TD's it's fine to chant in a mocking fashion.  Otherwise, hell no.  I'd say that first year, anytime your team is beating an SEC team it's ok to chant in a 'haha' way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz. Let’s pin this to the top. I love to embarrass that guy

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Good luck with that. Literally all of this commotion is stemming from 2nd rate reporters & online rumors. There’s nothing official at all or even any rumblings of anything official. There’s no way TX & OU move conferences, they’re anchored with the big 12, like it or not. Plus, the SEC already has a Texas footprint and stands to gain absolutely nothing by adding 2 schools. Pin this shit when the season ends and still no announcement has been made. I already knew houston had dumb sports fans, but jesus. 

It’s so easy. 

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Good luck with that. Literally all of this commotion is stemming from 2nd rate reporters & online rumors. There’s nothing official at all or even any rumblings of anything official. There’s no way TX & OU move conferences, they’re anchored with the big 12, like it or not. Plus, the SEC already has a Texas footprint and stands to gain absolutely nothing by adding 2 schools. Pin this shit when the season ends and still no announcement has been made. I already knew houston had dumb sports fans, but jesus. 

Have you not Realignmented before?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

2 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Have you not Realignmented before?

first time GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Also, lol at TCU thinking they can sneak into PAC. PAC would take Boise State or San Diego State before a Jesus school 

Except froggy has been a Jesus school in name only for quite some time now.

But you're right, that detail won't matter, it's still in their name.

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Performance art? It almost has to be to squeeze so much wrong into one post. 

Unless you are actually Kirk Bohls. 

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Correct. 

Lol @PilotsError and @Sal   Come down to my 5 aggy and 1 horn deer lease and ask them what they mean by it, especially about 15 seconds after Mond throws a intercept. I’m pretty fucking far from a race baiter but that’s the “culture” they’re referring to.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re way wrong. OU is much bigger than anything not Texas or the Cowboys, and is at least as equal to Texas, and every year will increasingly gain a larger share from Texas. 

I don't live there but I obviously know a ton of OU alums there. I have WAY more UT family then I do OU family, and none of them live in Dallas.  And maybe it's because of the recent success and UT wandering the woods a bit, but it does seem like Dallas is becoming more and more OU each year I go back.  I think Dallas kind of sucks (hmmm) but that's my two cents...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol @PilotsError and @Sal   Come down to my 5 aggy and 1 horn deer lease and ask them what they mean by it, especially about 15 seconds after Mond throws a intercept. I’m pretty fucking far from a race baiter but that’s the “culture” they’re referring to.  

We don’t care. Take this somewhere else.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't live there but I obviously know a ton of OU alums there. I have WAY more UT family then I do OU family, and none of them live in Dallas.  And maybe it's because of the recent success and UT wandering the woods a bit, but it does seem like Dallas is becoming more and more OU each year I go back.  I think Dallas kind of sucks (hmmm) but that's my two cents...

As a person who has lived there and generally loves the place Dallas is breeding ground for bandwagon fans. Whoever is hot at the moment will be the talk of the town. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I've have a friend/acquaintance that has lived in Plano for 25+ years, and he maintains that the number of UT and OU flags he sees around where lives fluctuates like the stock market, as each team succeeds more or less relative to the other.  

DFW is after all the sports bandwagon metro area par excellence. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

As a person who has lived there and generally loves the place Dallas is breeding ground for bandwagon fans. Whoever is hot at the moment will be the talk of the town. 

I agree but it's funny how the more the Dallas Cowboys suck, the more fans they scoop up.  Gluttons for punishment...

While it has a 1% chance of happening I hope that when we hear of a 13-1 vote next week somebody also leaks that the remaining Big 12 teams have reached out to a&m and mizzou to save the conference . Aggy would be stupid to take that call but man would it be the best recruiting tool ever.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not that he knows anything but I was watching the Finebaum show and some caller asked about the leftovers in the Big 12.  He said KU to the Big is not happening and its due to KU being the most mismanaged sports program in the country.  But I doubt he knows anything.

4 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I feel like the sports reporters read this thread, then wait 5 minutes and tweet somethign said here.  Then someone here quotes that tweet and it becomes gospel.  It's logrolling genius.

Edited by Hurtlocker

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I feel like the sports reporters read this thread, then wait 5 minutes and tweet somethign said here.  Then someone here quotes that tweet and it becomes gospel.  It's logrolling genius.

Edited by Hurtlocker
Furk, sorry connection aggied on me
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

While it has a 1% chance of happening I hope that when we hear of a 13-1 vote next week somebody also leaks that the remaining Big 12 teams have reached out to a&m and mizzou to save the conference . Aggy would be stupid to take that call but man would it be the best recruiting tool ever.

I hope the vote happens before July 30 so that we can use it on our recruiting weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Not that he knows anything but I was watching the Finebaum show and some caller asked about the leftovers in the Big 12.  He said KU to the Big is not happening and its due to KU being the most mismanaged sports program in the country.  But I doubt he knows anything.

KU hired that AD specifically for this. 

Just now, C-Man said:

Mississippi State 2.0 you say. We've already got boxes and boxes of Texum Bulldogs hats!

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3211273

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 3.29.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 3.30.51 PM.png

If a&m willingly left then the SEC would be on the phone with FSU and Miami in a heartbeat. I really hope the administration tries to pull some funny business by threatening to leave the SEC (I know not even they are that dumb)