Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

my FIL has some clout at UL… I showed him this and he said he’s texting the AD about it. Might be able to get some legit confirmation here. 

If that is the best the leftovers can do, that means there aint nobody left except Baylor, TCU and KSU and they are bargain shopping trying to get to 10..

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So the coolest rumor I've heard is that Baylor is willing to disassociate with the First Baptist if it means getting into the right conference.  This would be among the most Christian things I've ever heard of.  I think covering up rape is pretty far up there as well.  Anyways, here's hoping they make that move and still get left on the curb with last week's trash.  

If you’re going to make fun of something you should at least have your facts correct. Baylor University is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas not soMe “First Baptist”.  Just about every city and town in Texas has a First Baptist Church, but none are affiliated with the University.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you’re going to make fun of something you should at least have your facts correct. Baylor University is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas not soMe “First Baptist”.  Just about every city and town in Texas has a First Baptist Church, but none are affiliated with the University.

Wait, I need my facts straight before making fun of something?  I thought I was on surly.  Huh

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I like how Colorado is trying to weasel their way into this again. They don't wait around.

If Colorado is actually putting out feelers with the Big Ten, then it means they want to get a spot early before the big brands of the PAC leave them without a seat.  

The conference of Big 12 and PAC 12 leftovers seems like a strong possibility.  

2 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

If Colorado is actually putting out feelers with the Big Ten, then it means they want to get a spot early before the big brands of the PAC leave them without a seat.  

The conference of Big 12 and PAC 12 leftovers seems like a strong possibility.  

We will call it TCB12P12L   

Edited by ChiTownDoc

2 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

Something about this seems very familiar....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted on Sic’Em just now:

In my opinion have a lot to lose with OU and UT joining the SEC. especially with the new playoff expansion. 

FB is the only sport where the conference really matters when it comes to a chase for the championship in the new format. 

Those schools should just counter and join the Big 12. 

I think the SEC mat have finally overplayed their hand. 

There will be a bunch of programs upset when they see "inferior" programs end up having 2, then 5, then 10 more playoff appearances in the coming years. 

SEC will never get more than 2. Every other major is still gonna get their 1

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The fact that this is what the National media is posting and not just some Texas bro has to be absolutely devastating for those blow hards.  Damn.  

I live in Pennsylvania. I’ve had a few people today ask me what’s wrong with aggy.  Most of those are Penn State fans, so when you look bad to those people …. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Absolutely not. As much as we all could have predicted aTm’s behavior, it was to the Longhorns and Sooners benefit for it to stay quiet as long as possible. Like right up built the letter to the Big 12 was made public. 

The SEC had to tell aTm, and those morons thought going public would garner them support, from the media and other SEC members. Because they’re idiots. 

I was referring to post #7143.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Posted on Sic’Em just now:

giphy.gif

Well, baylor is bad at math. No surprise. Let’s say there’s still 5 power conferences, and not just 4. Then let’s say the highest g5 guy. That’s literally 6 at large, 5 if ND is decent. Now tell me the likelihood the SEC doesn’t put in 2 more at large teams. 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:07 PM, Valmy77 said:

We expecting Fox and ESPN to come swooping in with bags of gold to keep us in the Big 12 again? Though I guess now those are the same entity right?

I mean that would be fine with me but no, not this time.

The only question I have is whether or not the Big10 and the PAC try to lure us at the 11th hour.

23 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

my FIL has some clout at UL… I showed him this and he said he’s texting the AD about it. Might be able to get some legit confirmation here. 

All he would tell me is that there were some meetings this week where this was specifically mentioned but lots of moving parts. More of a “I could see it once ou/tx move and the ripple effect afterwards”, but this is obviously not legit at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

All he would tell me is that there were some meetings this week where this was specifically mentioned but lots of moving parts. More of a “I could see it once ou/tx move and the ripple effect afterwards”, but this is obviously not legit at this point. 

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Possibly.  Another poster said somewhere else that Tech was expecting a PAC invite today.  I was assuming that if Tech and OSU and anyone else, not baylor, went ahead and announced their departure it would allow Texas and ou to leave without any financial penalty, or having to wait until 2025.

As stated by others who know far more than me about this kind of thing but makes sense from a legal standpoint, other conferences can’t “extend invites” until the school has notified its current conference of its intentions to leave. They can, however, reach an agreement in principle.

6 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

The only question I have is whether or not the Big10 and the PAC try to lure us at the 11th hour.

If you’re talking about us being Texas, I’ve been reading some random message boards and folks in the Big 10 and ACC wants Texas and OU badly.

Damn, hit send before I finished:  So others might know more than I do, but I think Texas and ou are gone no matter what.  We aren’t returning to the 12.  We are going somewhere but it ain’t the big 12. 

• Hook 'Em 1