Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

43 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So your life's in the crapper, ATM. The SEC has been flirting with UT and OU behind your back for maybe a year and your wife is banging a used car salesman - it's humiliating, I know. But goddamnit, ATM take it like a man!

Cuck coach jimbo is used to it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

In late March, the BIG was contacted by The Montag Group who presented the concept of Texas and Oklahoma joining the BIG. The Montag Group now has Jim Delany as a partner, so this shouldn’t be all that surprising. However, what was surprising is that the BIG was not immediately receptive to this idea–mainly because they felt that Oklahoma was not a good fit academically and from a research perspective—and as they weren’t an AAU member they didn’t enhance the vision that the BIG has for the future of new expansion candidates.

Texas is clearly the prize in that twosome, but they felt they would/could only move with Oklahoma as a partner—so despite the BIG’s interest in the Longhorns the combination was too much for them to swallow.

I love how OU was too stupid to get these two buttbuddies into the B1G and Texas was too smart to go it alone in the SEC, what a beautiful thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm reading that SECRant thread and A&M posters are saying, "OH THIS IS NOTHING! NORMAL STUFF!" and I'm wondering... are all the other SEC schools having this same meeting?

Someone with an account needs to share this tweet. They Havent Posted it there yet:

https://twitter.com/skhanjr/status/1418752286466232321?s=21

I had to log back in to say, if A&M actually attempts to fight the SEC on this it has the potential to be, by far, the greatest aggy joke of all time.  Do they seriously not have any fucking grown ups in the room?   Even if they could manufacture some kind of claim (which I can't fathom what it could be), what are their damages when they stand to net an additional 8 figures annually.  Pain and suffering for dealing with mean old UT?  This is truly too good to be true.  Sankey has probably already turned them into the NCAA just for calling the fucking meeting.   I can't fathom what the SEC media machine will unleash on these stupid fucks if they don't back down over the weekend.   Just truly incredible.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Pat Forde gets it and generally always has. 

He was right about Charlie being out of his depth, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

lol Aggy you cant make this stuff up 😂😂😂

The fucked up meeting notice means the 5 pm Monday meeting can't happen per the Texas Open Meetings Act. A meeting of their regents requires 72 hours notice. Can they re-post it later tonight and hold it late on Monday night, or on Tuesday? Maybe. I'm no governmental meetings law expert.

Sec. 551.043. TIME AND ACCESSIBILITY OF NOTICE; GENERAL RULE. (a) The notice of a meeting of a governmental body must be posted in a place readily accessible to the general public at all times for at least 72 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting, except as provided by Sections 551.044-551.046.
Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

This is wilder than 2010

This has been crazy but the free for all that will happen when Texas and OU leave next week officially will roll this into the first of the season. Just like NBA free agency everyone waits for the stars then the other teams start fighting over the scrap pile. Next week will be just as wild imo

• Hook 'Em 1