Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Their best way out of this is to win and take the money and instead they looked to block through the SEC, Big 12, Texas Lege, and now are threatening lawsuits.  Their brand is fear and tears.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Oh boy…

msubulldogntx said:
A&M causes a stink in the SEC and lets Texas and OU take its place in the holy grail of college sports? I couldn't think of anything more dumb for the future of A&M athletics. Surely they aren't this naive.
Tomas Hermensa said:

I've been sleeping with your wife for the last 6 months, but you better not cause a stink or she might leave you for me. Sit back and take it - great plan!

We have legal teams that will fight this if it's a violation of contract. And we will seek damages as our brand as the only school in Texas would certainly be diminished. If there is cause, we should certainly sue

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He was right about Charlie being out of his depth, that's for sure.

The fucked up meeting notice means the 5 pm Monday meeting can't happen per the Texas Open Meetings Act. A meeting of their regents requires 72 hours notice. Can they re-post it later tonight and hold it late on Monday night, or on Tuesday? Maybe. I'm no governmental meetings law expert.

Sec. 551.043. TIME AND ACCESSIBILITY OF NOTICE; GENERAL RULE. (a) The notice of a meeting of a governmental body must be posted in a place readily accessible to the general public at all times for at least 72 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting, except as provided by Sections 551.044-551.046.

July 21’s was also Wednesday…..

Texas is coming. Bama doesn't love them. Now we just need LSU to hire away their "championship winning coach" and A&M's entire identity will be shattered.

People keep saying this, and I certainly wouldn’t put it past LSU to make a bad coaching hire, but does nobody remember that Jimbo was garbage and about to get fired before he took the aggy job? It would certainly be hilarious in that it would screw the last bit of aggy momentum and simultaneously send LSU farther down the trash chute though.
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I don't think they're going anywhere.  they're looking to block this or sue....ok wait if they do this they may as well leave.

They arent going to do anything. They are going to take it like the bitches they are. Sans the protest vote

On 7/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Horn80 said:

Think you are seriously under estimating the number of schools, other than aggy, that may vote no in their self interest.

I think you seriously underestimate how much these schools love money.  Adding Texas and OU is going to add 30 million per school on top of what they make now.  If aggy doesn't shut up, there are plenty of swamps that they can disappear into.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hook1997 said:

July 21’s was also Wednesday…..

Yeah I probably should have said more. A meeting notice has to give the correct time and day of the meeting to be held and it has to provide that info 72 hours before the scheduled meeting. By writing the date of their Board meeting incorrectly, aTm has failed to correctly post the Monday meeting. Therefore holding it at 5pm on Monday would be in violation of the Open Meetings Act. The repercussion could be to nullify any action they were to take. I expect them to re-post the meeting notice and that it will be at another date and time other than 5 pm on Monday, as they seemed to intend.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Yeah I probably should have said more. A meeting notice has to give the correct time and day of the meeting to be held and it has to provide that info 72 hours before the scheduled meeting. By writing the date of their Board meeting incorrectly, aTm has failed to correctly post the Monday meeting. Therefore holding it at 5pm on Monday would be in violation of the Open Meetings Act. The repercussion could be to nullify any action they were to take. I expect them to re-post the meeting notice and that it will be at another date and time other than 5 pm on Monday, as they seemed to intend.

$10 says they also change the wording once Sharp and company sober up in the morning and realize they are a fucking laughing stock.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

B3BA4E79-5314-4A87-81C0-E14D90F32B2F.jpeg

Yup, but what you can’t tell is this photo is from the back of the room, with every one staring at aggy waiting for their vote. Come on Figurelli, you can do it. We know it hurts, but you’ll be fine, you snaggle tooth dipshit. 

18 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I feel like Texas is the USA entering the Olympics and aggy is some 3rd world country from some island nation with like 4 athletes.  And they're cringing in front of the world.  

And the organizers forgot they were even there so they were told to just get in the back of the flag line 

Some rivalries will have to die which sucks but this seems to be the best breakdown.

A : Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Missouri 

B : Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida

C : LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St

D : Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Scar

Losing LSU v Bama & Bama v Tenn would suck but I don’t see another option tbh

Just now, RGBIII said:

Hahahahhaha this is absolute pure comedy. My god, they got their pants pulled down and spanked in public. So instead of pulling their pants up and moving on, they chose to take off their pants entirely, shit into them and then wear those pants as a hat  

Turdition.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Welp I’ve seen it all:

Someone on TexAgs is claiming they might have something in writing to where they can request the conference to remove Sankey. 

Aggy =

giphy.gif

Yeah, I can request the SEC remove Sankey too. It’d work twice as well if I said “pretty please”.

LSU fans on that secrant thread keep mentioning “what is A&M gonna do, ask to speak to the SEC manager?”

They know the owner of the building this place is leasing! They have dinner together every Thursday evening!

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Some rivalries will have to die which sucks but this seems to be the best breakdown.

A : Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Missouri 

B : Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida

C : LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St

D : Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Scar

Losing LSU v Bama & Bama v Tenn would suck but I don’t see another option tbh

There is no way Bama, Gata, and Jawja will be placed in the same pod.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Welp I’ve seen it all:

Someone on TexAgs is claiming they might have something in writing to where they can request the conference to remove Sankey. 

Aggy =

giphy.gif

Looch was half hinting at this on the radio earlier. 

When the fuhrer speaks, they will follow 

I posted this to Hornfans and the Shag back in 2011 when the ags ran away from us the first time. Might as well bring it back now in light of their BOR meeting on Monday.

Brave Sir Aggie

Bravely bold Sir Aggie rode forth from his Big 12 (ed. SEC) lot
He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Aggie
He was not at all afraid to not be broadcast in many ways
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Aggie

He was not in the least bit scared to be second to UT
Or to have to earn his funding by his own keep
To have his colleagues' dough to his benefit split
And his signed contracts all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Aggie

His tradition smashed in and his honor cut out
And his rivals removed and his TV unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his bottom burnt off
And his penis...

Brave Sir Aggie ran away
Bravely ran away, away
When big brother reared its mighty horned head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
Yes, brave Sir Aggie turned about
And gallantly he chickened out
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, Sir Aggie

image.jpeg.7ecb2999bb756784c9d52d88fa7c5bab.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

You know that old adage about better to be quiet and thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?

Yea that one hasn't made it's way to B/CS yet.

Remove Sankey?  Fucking really?  The guy who's knob has been slobbed in about every corner of sports and sports biz journalism in this country as being a business savant when so many other conference commissioners have shown themselves to be doofuses in the past 18 months?