Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

So I was watching some TV with the wife. Did aggy really call a BOR meeting to discuss what to do about the SEC? I mean, that's just amazing. Every picture they'd painted about us is just being stripped away by their actions throughout all this. Would the SEC just say, you can go, it's cool?

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

So I was watching some TV with the wife. Did aggy really call a BOR meeting to discuss what to do about the SEC? I mean, that's just amazing. Every picture they'd painted about us is just being stripped away by their actions throughout all this. Would the SEC just say, you can go, it's cool?

That’s what we’re hoping for.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

They called a meeting for Monday night.  By that time, it’s expected we will have already submitted our resignation letters to the 12. 

What aggy’ s BOR meeting could be about remains fluid as they have mentioned:

- leave SEC

- reprimand and ask for resignation of Sankey

- reprimand those who knew of UT/OU to SEC but didn’t inform the aggy BOR

- because they are dumbfucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Some rivalries will have to die which sucks but this seems to be the best breakdown.

A : Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Missouri 

B : Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida

C : LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St

D : Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Scar

Losing LSU v Bama & Bama v Tenn would suck but I don’t see another option tbh

I wouldn't divide it like that at all. No rivalries are dying. At most schools see each other every other year.

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It’s actually to see if they have enough money to remove the SEC logo off of literally every little thing associated with their pathetic university.  Sadly, the answer is no.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

i miss akina

naw. don't make a shit. sec with aggy, sec without aggy... either way, we good

True, but I am looking to maximize my entertainment value, and aggy fighting this is highly entertaining.  The SEC would happily swap either of TX or OU for aggy.  When both are on the table aggy better be careful.

2 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Is there a night crew/day crew thing going on here?

I think the entire point of differentiating the two was that one was more glass-half-full than the other. With this dog and pony show, it’s just Aggy making an ass of themselves so not sure it really applies

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It's pretty goddamn short-sighted but it appears they've got people saying they're done donating if Texas gets in so maybe they think this will allow them to say to these morons that they tried everything they could -- and then made it 14-0 in favor of Texas-Oklahoma joining.

aggy is screwed after all this bitching....if they don't vote to let us in, it's 13-1, which makes them look so petty....but, if they do vote to let us in, it's 14-0, which makes them look petty for not voting us out....lose lose aggy...but, you are used to that.

It's brilliant. It might be we have a strong statement publicly and privately say to the sec (I will always write it this way now), you screwed up. You created this and now you are going to fix it.

We say yes to these conditions and will wholeheartedly welcome them back if X,Y,Z happens. Many avenues. tu can't have a say into the Commish, just think we could easily get 25 percent of schools to agree with this. tu would back off probably but eventually will succumb showing who the real big brother is. Just thinking out loud...

Then we can say BEVO got hit twice (once with the name) and secondly we sawed 'em off. They wouldn't have total power and BEVO's cahones aren't as big as they thought they were. LOL

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, jofus said:

What do you suggest?

I meant @jofus "already" upgraded it. They posted the original. That said if you'd like to fix my lazy ass effort feel free my friend.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PointlessFavoriteHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PointlessFavoriteHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

Edited by maninblack

I don't want aggy to leave the SEC. I want them to sit in their high chair and continue to take ass whippings all across the SEC in every sport - including from us and OU in football now (although I typically never cheer for OU in football) - for at least 4-5 years until their football program again crashes into absolute irrelevancy and they have to bolt for a conference where they can actually compete. But then will be the real piece de resistance - because they won't compete because they're aggy. 

At least they’ll have one equal in Vandy as opposed to whoever the fuck would be number two right now.  
Someone posted USNews rankings-ish pages above...#2 now is Florida. If we join, #2 will be...Florida. And we are only 28 schools behind Vandy. But other than that...good points.
  • Like 1