Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't know. Entirely possible that's part of it. I feel like I've seen plenty of people chime in that this is a new low for them. Of course that may or may not be true. 

They’ve never reached a low in their history that couldn’t be topped. Or bottomed. This whole thing is funny as shit but in the end it’s them doing what they always do. All they had to do is backtrack and say something like “we’ve heard the rumors of UT/OU joining the SEC and can’t comment on that but we will continue to do what is in the best interest of Texas A&M”. Instead they’ve doubled down trying to keep us out. I want to be UT’s lead recruiter next year because they have giftwrapped  us the easiest pitch ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:42 PM, JFKFC said:

the-office-dwight-schrute-main.jpg

How do I solve conference realignment? I break into Texas A&M at midnight. Do I go for the trophy case? Yes, I go for Jimbo's blank trophy. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's trophy case. She's Ross Bjork's daughter. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the corps of cadets come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Lubbock, but I go to Ames. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the Commissioner of the SEC. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Ross Bjork's daughter to meet me in Austin at the Posse East. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Eskimo Joe's. That's where I stashed the blank trophy.

I think we need to hire him to do this scene for us. 

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

All in good fun, Guys:

Fuck you, you buckeye fuck.

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I believe I hear a mocking S-E-C chant in here starting at 1:35

1 hour ago, Hurtlocker said:

I will never stop posting this.

This is worse than the k-state video 

39 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

I'll see you, and raise you:

This is peak aggy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Get ready. This year could be ugly

Makes me wonder if the inevitable cheap-shots will result in some ugly (but predictable from these dead-ender-schools that want to continue to leech off us SO bad!) bench-clearing brawls with no fear of conference repercussions, especially if this will be the last year of the Big12.

If Texas' players are targeted/injured in cheap-shots, I hope Sark uses those squad-players to respond in kind!

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I would love even more for them to try and move but get blocked from leaving by the other sec schools. They'd never recover from that in our lifetimes

Dear lord, no. If they want to leave you fucking let them and replace them with Oklahoma State or something.

3 minutes ago, justhookit said:

They’ve never reached a low in their history that couldn’t be topped. Or bottomed. This whole thing is funny as shit but in the end it’s them doing what they always do. All they had to do is backtrack and say something like “we’ve heard the rumors of UT/OU joining the SEC and can’t comment on that but we will continue to do what is in the best interest of Texas A&M”. Instead they’ve doubled down trying to keep us out. I want to be UT’s lead recruiter next year because they have giftwrapped  us the easiest pitch ever.

One of the greatest objective validations of aggy's... aggyness... I ever witnessed was one of my first years at SMU when they came to Dallas to play us in an OOC game. Many - if not most - of the people I was hanging out with were not from Texas and knew little of aggy.

aggy of course showed up in droves and proceeded to aggy around the Boulevard (tailgating scene) until the game in which they crushed us since we were absolute dogshit at the time. Of course none of us cared because we maybe went to the games for a quarter if that. 

However, the resounding opinion following the game day festivities was best summed up as: "who the fuck are these people?"

All it took was a very laid back afternoon of drinking and tailgating that barely centered around football for the newest SMU students to get the full picture of aggy. I'm guessing it didn't take any of the SEC fanbases much longer following their addition in 2012.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Uh oh, visiting fans better know where they're going before heading to Kyle Field starting this fall. Sounds like aggy is no longer going to be offering to give directions to out-of-towners.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.47.30 AM.png

"We will be writing you traffic tickets"

michael jordan laughing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Uh oh, visiting fans better know where they're going before heading to Kyle Field starting this fall. Sounds like aggy is no longer going to be offering to give directions to out-of-towners.

I am out of the loop. What is the reasoning visiting people wont enjoy eating at their restaurants? Is their food that bad at the stadium? I just don't see how that is a flex

A betting article from Action

Spoiler

College football took a brief pause from talk of expanded playoffs and name, image and likeness to focus on a report that Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to the SEC about joining the conference.

According to the Houston Chronicle’s Texas A&M beat writer Brent Zwerneman, both Big 12 teams have had conversations about leaving. Missouri and Texas A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC nine years ago, and the report suggests an announcement could happen in the coming weeks.

SEC commissioner Greg Sanke declined to comment at his media day, although his quote of “no comment on that speculation” didn’t exactly put the rumors to rest, either.

A move wouldn’t happen in 2021 — and might not happen at all — but what would it look like if Texas and Oklahoma did join the SEC?

Thanks to The Action Network’s Collin Wilson, we have power ratings to give us a glimpse.

The power ratings are based on the team’s meeting on a neutral field and does not factor in home-field advantage.

2021 College Football Betting Power RatingsRead now

Texas vs. SEC in 2021

Projections Based on Collin Wilson’s Power Ratings

OpponentSpread

Alabama Alabama -10.3

Auburn Texas -1.7

LSUT exas -3.7

Mississippi State Texas -6.5

Tennessee Texas -12.5

Kentucky Texas -8.3

Ole Miss Texas -2.5

Texas A&MT exas A&M -2.7

Vanderbilt Texas -18.7

Florida Texas -1.9

Missouri Texas -10.4

South Carolina Texas -26.1

Georgia Georgia -4

Arkansas Texas -2.4

According to Wilson, Texas would be favored against 11 of the 14 SEC teams this season. The Longhorns would be a massive 26.1-point favorite over the worst team in the conference, South Carolina. A couple closer matchups would be expected against LSU, Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss.

New Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian enters his first year after serving as Alabama’s offensive coordinator. The familiarity with the Crimson Tide might help, but Texas still comes in as a double-digit underdog to Nick Saban’s team.

The Longhorns would also be underdogs to Texas A&M and Georgia.

Oklahoma vs. SEC in 2021

Projections via Collin Wilson’s Power Ratings

OpponentSpread

Alabama Alabama -2.1

Auburn Oklahoma -9.9

LSU Oklahoma -11.9

Mississippi State Oklahoma -14.7

Tennessee Oklahoma -20.7

KentuckyOklahoma -16.5

Ole MissOklahoma -10.7

Texas A&MOklahoma -5.5

Vanderbilt Oklahoma -26.9

Florida Oklahoma -10.1

Missouri Oklahoma -18.6

South Carolina Oklahoma -34.3

Georgia Oklahoma -4.2

Arkansas Oklahoma -10.6

Oklahoma has been the top team in the Big 12  for years, winning each of the last six conference championships. That hasn’t slowed down in the transition between Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley, who continues to churn out Heisman-level quarterbacks.

The next in line is Spencer Rattler, who threw for over 3,000 yards in his first year as the starter for the Sooners. Rattler enters the year as one of the betting favorites to win the Heisman Trophy, and is a big reason why Oklahoma would be favored in almost all of its games against the SEC.

Almost.

No, the Sooners wouldn’t be favored over Alabama. Only Clemson enters the season with that honor. But the Sooners come in as just 2.1-point underdogs to the Crimson Tide in our power ratings. Oklahoma is favored against everyone else.

The must-have app for college football bettors

The best NCAAF betting scoreboard

Free picks from proven pros

Live win probabilities for your bets

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spor

Tommy Stokke

Jul 21, 2021, 06:07 PM EDT

College football took a brief pause from talk of expanded playoffs and name, image and likeness to focus on a report that Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to the SEC about joining the conference.

According to the Houston Chronicle’s Texas A&M beat writer Brent Zwerneman, both Big 12 teams have had conversations about leaving. Missouri and Texas A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC nine years ago, and the report suggests an announcement could happen in the coming weeks.

SEC commissioner Greg Sanke declined to comment at his media day, although his quote of “no comment on that speculation” didn’t exactly put the rumors to rest, either.

A move wouldn’t happen in 2021 — and might not happen at all — but what would it look like if Texas and Oklahoma did join the SEC?

Thanks to The Action Network’s Collin Wilson, we have power ratings to give us a glimpse.

The power ratings are based on the team’s meeting on a neutral field and does not factor in home-field advantage.

Texas vs. SEC in 2021

OpponentSpread

AlabamaAlabama -10.3

AuburnTexas -1.7

LSUTexas -3.7

Mississippi StateTexas -6.5

TennesseeTexas -12.5

KentuckyTexas -8.3

Ole MissTexas -2.5

Texas A&MTexas A&M -2.7

VanderbiltTexas -18.7

FloridaTexas -1.9

MissouriTexas -10.4

South CarolinaTexas -26.1

GeorgiaGeorgia -4

ArkansasTexas -2.4

According to Wilson, Texas would be favored against 11 of the 14 SEC teams this season. The Longhorns would be a massive 26.1-point favorite over the worst team in the conference, South Carolina. A couple closer matchups would be expected against LSU, Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss.

New Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian enters his first year after serving as Alabama’s offensive coordinator. The familiarity with the Crimson Tide might help, but Texas still comes in as a double-digit underdog to Nick Saban’s team.

Oklahoma vs. SEC in 2021

OpponentSpread

AlabamaAlabama -2.1

AuburnOklahoma -9.9

LSUOklahoma -11.9

Mississippi StateOklahoma -14.7

TennesseeOklahoma -20.7

KentuckyOklahoma -16.5

Ole MissOklahoma -10.7

Texas A&MOklahoma -5.5

VanderbiltOklahoma -26.9

FloridaOklahoma -10.1

MissouriOklahoma -18.6

South CarolinaOklahoma -34.3

GeorgiaOklahoma -4.2

ArkansasOklahoma -10.6

Oklahoma has been the top team in the Big 12  for years, winning each of the last six conference championships. That hasn’t slowed down in the transition between Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley, who continues to churn out Heisman-level quarterbacks.

The next in line is Spencer Rattler, who threw for over 3,000 yards in his first year as the starter for the Sooners. Rattler enters the year as one of the betting favorites to win the Heisman Trophy, and is a big reason why Oklahoma would be favored in almost all of its games against the SEC.

Almost.

No, the Sooners wouldn’t be favored over Alabama. Only Clemson enters the season with that honor. But the Sooners come in as just 2.1-point underdogs to the Crimson Tide in our power ratings. Oklahoma is favored against everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

One of the greatest objective validations of aggy's... aggyness... I ever witnessed was one of my first years at SMU when they came to Dallas to play us in an OOC game. Many - if not most - of the people I was hanging out with were not from Texas and knew little of aggy.

aggy of course showed up in droves and proceeded to aggy around the Boulevard (tailgating scene) until the game in which they crushed us since we were absolute dogshit at the time. Of course none of us cared because we maybe went to the games for a quarter if that. 

However, the resounding opinion following the game day festivities was best summed up as: "who the fuck are these people?"

All it took was a very laid back afternoon of drinking and tailgating that barely centered around football for the newest SMU students to get the full picture of aggy. I'm guessing it didn't take any of the SEC fanbases much longer following their addition in 2012.

Yup.

and really we are getting off track here because the move to the SEC had almost nothing to do with aggy. But I will take all the tears I can get right now because it’s just so glorious 🤘

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

i mean tbh...that's a normal way to view your conference opponents.

it took this for them to figure that out lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

I am out of the loop. What is the reasoning visiting people wont enjoy eating at their restaurants? Is their food that bad at the stadium? I just don't see how that is a flex

But you won’t hear “howdy”. They don’t understand that’s a feature not a bug.

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

A betting article from Action

Hide contents

Texas vs. SEC in 2021

OpponentSpread

Alabama Alabama -10.3

Auburn Texas -1.7

LSUT exas -3.7

Mississippi State Texas -6.5

Tennessee Texas -12.5

Kentucky Texas -8.3

Ole Miss Texas -2.5

Texas A&MT exas A&M -2.7

Vanderbilt Texas -18.7

Florida Texas -1.9

Missouri Texas -10.4

South Carolina Texas -26.1

Georgia Georgia -4

Arkansas Texas -2.4

Oklahoma vs. SEC in 2021

OpponentSpread

Alabama Alabama -2.1

Auburn Oklahoma -9.9

LSU Oklahoma -11.9

Mississippi State Oklahoma -14.7

Tennessee Oklahoma -20.7

KentuckyOklahoma -16.5

Ole MissOklahoma -10.7

Texas A&MOklahoma -5.5

Vanderbilt Oklahoma -26.9

Florida Oklahoma -10.1

Missouri Oklahoma -18.6

South Carolina Oklahoma -34.3

Georgia Oklahoma -4.2

Arkansas Oklahoma -10.6

Almost.

The must-have app for college football bettors

The best NCAAF betting scoreboard

Free picks from proven pros

Live win probabilities for your bets

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spor

Tommy Stokke

Jul 21, 2021, 06:07 PM EDT

Texas vs. SEC in 2021

OpponentSpread

AlabamaAlabama -10.3

AuburnTexas -1.7

LSUTexas -3.7

Mississippi StateTexas -6.5

TennesseeTexas -12.5

KentuckyTexas -8.3

Ole MissTexas -2.5

Texas A&MTexas A&M -2.7

VanderbiltTexas -18.7

FloridaTexas -1.9

MissouriTexas -10.4

South CarolinaTexas -26.1

GeorgiaGeorgia -4

ArkansasTexas -2.4

Oklahoma vs. SEC in 2021

OpponentSpread

AlabamaAlabama -2.1

AuburnOklahoma -9.9

LSUOklahoma -11.9

Mississippi StateOklahoma -14.7

TennesseeOklahoma -20.7

KentuckyOklahoma -16.5

Ole MissOklahoma -10.7

Texas A&MOklahoma -5.5

VanderbiltOklahoma -26.9

FloridaOklahoma -10.1

MissouriOklahoma -18.6

South CarolinaOklahoma -34.3

GeorgiaOklahoma -4.2

ArkansasOklahoma -10.6

Almost.

On a neutral field we're favored against every SEC team except Bama, aggy and Georgia in 2021. Overlay that on the B12 and it means we're probably going into the season favored against everyone other than OU and maybe ISU. According to this bookie we're 2.4 point favorites on neutral field against Arky. Make of that what you will.

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

this is fucking glorious 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't think that most of these things are nearly the negatives that this guy seems to think that they are...

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This runs out of steam near the end but holy shit, this is worth your time.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/breaking-texas-aandm-board-of-regents-lawsuit-has-been-leaked/97396840/

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.33.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.34.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.34.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 2.34.35 AM.png

14.  That was not fair.

pretty much covers their entire argument. I’m sure they will make a t-shirt about it.

It's not just aggy... 

20210724_030025.thumb.jpg.be0c04caebd045db318f720e0d0cf25b.jpg

Man... the Texas hate really does run deep - and not just among our rivals. It's funny getting all of this out in the open. Fuck the B12.

20210724_030800.thumb.jpg.f410034d4aeaa98ce8b06bbc4a0cd2f6.jpg

20210724_030746.thumb.jpg.035386b352f8686dfcd9b8c51c08ed34.jpg

This is all from the college basketball subreddit, btw. I don't really care what anyone there thinks but it's funny to see a thread about Kansas reaching out to the B10 devolve into random fanbases hating on Texas (the Creighton fan talking shit about Texas football is particularly hilarious... historically they don't even have a decent basketball program)

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

He had gastric bypass a while back

Really??? I don’t recall him ever being “my 600 pound life” kinda fat.  If he did it to lose 50-60 pounds, that is a fucking reckless and grotesque lack of self control.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I love KU basketball but I doubt that is representative of their fans.

It's representative to the degree that multiple Kansas fans are talking shit. As a whole, sure it probably doesn't represent their fanbase. Their program will fit in better in the B10 anyway - not sure what they are salty about. 

I have never been that petty when talking about fucking Kansas on the internet. Maybe a jab or two at their shitty football program - that they readily admit is shitty. 

It's just amazing to me how rent free Texas lives in everyone's head. We deserve better - and have for a long time. 

(Maybe they're salty about the 0-2 showing against Shaka last year)

More pressing issue - I need to go to bed - and I'm not trying to vomit reddit dumbassery on this thread. Just thought some of y'all might like to see how deep this shit runs with some fans around the B12. aggy has dominated this thread and rightfully so because it's the funniest - but there is clearly some nasty shit being circulated by the 8 castaways. KU has a ready made landing spot and never really needed the B12 and they are taking it poorly.

I'm guessing Tech, Baylor and TCU are the worst - not willing to venture into their shithole message boards. The Okie Lite hate is almost assuredly directed at OU. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Might as well shut down college football. I don't see how any program can go on with these threats from a national powerhouse. This shit is going to send shockwaves throughout the landscape of college sports. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Any other Big 12 team is fucking stupid if they haven’t been working on an exit plan for the past couple years. The writing has been on the wall for many years and their hate comes from jealousy, knowing they don’t have the options that Texas does.

Kirk_LetThemDie.gif.496c5f874cac7d2ded0f4133a4a40816.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Any other Big 12 team is fucking stupid if they haven’t been working on an exit plan for the past couple years. The writing has been on the wall for many years and their hate comes from jealousy, knowing they don’t have the options that Texas does.

It was always going to end this way.  It was just a matter of when.

The Big XII has been dysfunctional for almost a decade now, if not longer - pretty much from the point that Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and aggy abandoned the conference.  Almost every other fanbase still in the conference hates us, yet all of their programs would be shit without us.  Did they think that gravy train was going to last forever?  Did they really expect Texas to sit around and continue to take it, while they continue to shit all over us year after year?  And now they're mad that we're leaving?  I thought that was what they all ultimately wanted!

I'm not expecting miracles for Texas by joining the SEC.  I doubt we're going to go into the SEC and dictate shit from day one, the way some of the scrub programs in the Big XII seem to think we always do.  I do think the opportunity to settle some of the long, tiresome debates over whether Texas is "SEC good" is exciting, though.  I am looking forward to competing against more programs that are closer in stature to ours.

I think Tech, OSU, KU, WVU, and maybe ISU will be fine, as they will probably get invites to other P4 conferences looking to expand to keep up with the SEC.  Good luck to the rest of you, though.  You're going to need it.

• Hook 'Em 4