Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

I have never seen this written.  I have seen it written that it needs to be 10/11 votes. 

I will say this—neither Texas nor the SEC would never put itself in this position if they didn’t have the votes to join. Basically, if the votes were NOT there, we would have never heard about UT trying to join the SEC because it would have never gotten out.  

All of this is pretty calculated.  I think we’re gold.  The only part they didn’t account for was aggy hissy fit.  

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

Going off an OU source so whatever, but 3/4 have to approve to basically vet the school. When it comes time to vote them in it’s unanimous, or in aggy’ s case vandy abstains.

Vandy will be happy to have someone else that can read good b

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

All of this is pretty calculated.  I think we’re gold.  The only part they didn’t account for was aggy hissy fit.  

They accounted for it. That’s why they didn’t tell them for 6+ months and rallied the yes votes without telling them. So when they finally found out. What could they do? They panic. They leaked the story to their Houston Chronicle mouthpiece in hopes to start an uproar of people calling their Congressman. They sent their AD to media days early to try and garner support. None of it mattered. The SEC wasn’t on their side. The legislation introduced by sad reps from Aggy, Baylor, Tech will not go anywhere because special session and no quorum, not too mention Abbot is a Texas alum. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They accounted for it. That’s why they didn’t tell them for 6+ months and rallied the yes votes without telling them. So when they finally found out. What could they do? They panic. They leaked the story to their Houston Chronicle mouthpiece in hopes to start an uproar of people calling their Congressman. They sent their AD to media days early to try and garner support. None of it mattered. The SEC wasn’t on their side. The legislation introduced by sad reps from Aggy, Baylor, Tech will not go anywhere because special session and no quorum, not too mention Abbot is a Texas alum. 

Once the leftovers find a landing spot they’ll chill out

I would not be surprised if the gomer BOR meeting is canceled.  What are they going to discuss?  The legality of a gentleman's agreement?  How to hold the SEC accountable?  Then are they wanting to punish the SEC for going against gomers wishes? Are they going to lay down some future rules as to how the SEC needs to treat Texas and how gomer will not play them?

The only thing that will come out of that meeting is a&m looking like bigger idiots than they already are. 

I hope it happens, they literally do not know when to stop and be quiet. 

6 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I would not be surprised if the gomer BOR meeting is canceled.  What are they going to discuss?  The legality of a gentleman's agreement?  How to hold the SEC accountable?  Then are they wanting to punish the SEC for going against gomers wishes? Are they going to lay down some future rules as to how the SEC needs to treat Texas and how gomer will not play them?

The only thing that will come out of that meeting is a&m looking like bigger idiots than they already are. 

I hope it happens, they literally do not know when to stop and be quiet. 

But they need to agree on their strongly-worded statement. 

Is anyone else surprised at this reaction? I’ve thought about realignment a lot and I never really thought of them being so mad they would make such a public spectacle about this. I thought it would more bitter fan resentment and not a total, University wide meltdown. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 

On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 

There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 

Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."

Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 

The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, justhookit said:

Going off an OU source so whatever, but 3/4 have to approve to basically vet the school. When it comes time to vote them in it’s unanimous, or in aggy’ s case vandy abstains.

Your OU source sounds FOS.  3/4 vote to invite membership.  Why would there be another vote to accept an accepted invitation?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/sec-expansion-texas-oklahoma/1trpnwa57jpwp1h845a8inddlr

7 hours ago, justhookit said:

My understanding is there can’t be a 13-1 vote because the conference bylaws say it has to be unanimous. Aggy could choose to abstain, like Vandy did when they were up for a vote. That would make it the perfect 13-0 vote that we could tattoo on that stupid dog’s ass that @Hefeweizen or somebody pointed out earlier today in maybe the best post of the entire thread. I think it won the internet for the year.

Sadly I’ll never win post of the year because a) it wasn’t me and b) I don’t do original content, just cheap laughs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Is anyone else surprised at this reaction? I’ve thought about realignment a lot and I never really thought of them being so mad they would make such a public spectacle about this. I thought it would more bitter fan resentment and not a total, University wide meltdown. 

I pretty much knew aggy would do a meltdown.  I did NOT think it would be this bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You don’t need your morning coffee.  All you need is a dose of aggy tears from secrant

A&M simply has to figure out what is best for itself after Snakey showed he could give a damn about working with our school. I have no idea what will come of it.  

But at least we are now aware - Snakey doesn't have our back in any way, shape, form, or fashion. What should worry some of the more intelligent fans on this board is that he will have no compunction about doing the same to any other SEC team in the pursuit of his goals

27 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 

On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 

There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 

Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."

Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 

The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

This. We’re like Ric Flair back when he was the NWA champion. He’d go from territory to territory and have a program with the local top babyface. He’d brag about how rich he was and how women loved him, and the audience would eat it up. They’d fill the arenas just to see him get his ass beat by the local hero. Flair would make the hometown boy look great for 55 minutes, and then by hook or by crook win or retain his title at the end. He’d leave with the belt, and go fuck the hottest townie at his hotel before moving to the next territory to repeat the process. 

For whatever reason we have that brand nationally, second only to possibly Notre Dame. Miami when they had it going on was the same way. Embrace it indeed, because we’re stuck with it one way or the other. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Hope everyone at the sec table now realizes that when aggy talks about equality, they mean everyone does what they want.  They are currently proving that their version of fraternity and camaraderie is that 13 schools acquiesce to one school instead of one school acquiescing to 13, because they are the one school. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I hope we play at Kyle Field in 2022 and win with walk off field goal after a questionable penalty gave us the necessary field position. I think that would cause their collective heads to explode. 

I’d rather kick their ass 52-0 like Bama normally does. 

5BD544B3-CA90-41D4-92F0-A09A66413D64.jpeg.e6e0019a158c4ae8ad4b71faec03008d.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Joining aggy in the sec, forcing them to play a rotation of former "bdf" teams in their division each year (and proving they still can't beat them despite their blustering the past 10 years) would be good enough.

Them throwing a very public and very humiliating tantrum is just the cherry on top.

Having them possibly threaten to leave the sec...the only source of pride they've had over the last 10 years, just to avoid losing to their old big 12 bullies again... I'm not sure if I can take much more.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1