Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

I think by the time this was leaked and the Houston chronicle article, their only move that wouldnt have been embarrassing would have been to welcome the addition and throw some slight jabs at “following” A&M.

Instead they bitch, moan, fight it, and then make a spectacle of their insecurity and still end up taking it bent over. It’s so perfectly aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Your OU source sounds FOS.  3/4 vote to invite membership.  Why would there be another vote to accept an accepted invitation?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/sec-expansion-texas-oklahoma/1trpnwa57jpwp1h845a8inddlr

It’s a formality so that the final vote be unanimous. Basically it’s a welcome.   

reading tea leaves we already won the first vote. The next vote will be the formality. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Are aggy officials really saying they might bail?

theyre going to discuss it. Aggy is mad. 

Think of it like being a HS football QB and you’re plain HS gf finding out you were talking to a smoking hot college freshman chick in the phone. 

She’s mad and says she has to talk shit over with her friends and might break up with you, but you know she won’t. And even if she does who cares, your banging a college freshman.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Joining aggy in the sec, forcing them to play a rotation of former "bdf" teams in their division each year (and proving they still can't beat them despite their blustering the past 10 years) would be good enough.

Them throwing a very public and very humiliating tantrum is just the cherry on top.

Having them possibly threaten to leave the sec...the only source of pride they've had over the last 10 years, just to avoid losing to their old big 12 bullies again... I'm not sure if I can take much more.

It just can’t work out any better for us

35 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 

On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 

There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 

Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."

Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 

The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

That is one thing I think this move represents: an opportunity for Texas and its fans to embrace the role of heel.  Everyone else is going to hate us anyway.  We may as well enjoy it.  Yes, we’re rich.  Yes, we pay our players (thru NIL).  Yes, we expect to win.  

• Hook 'Em 2

So are we sure Sharp didn’t know?  (honest question - Finebaum (I know) suggested it and I haven’t seen confirmation one way or another). 

Because Sharp knowing and not telling aggy BOR or AD is somehow even a better narrative for me.  Because if/when it leaks that he knew, he is done.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I think by the time this was leaked and the Houston chronicle article, their only move that wouldnt have been embarrassing would have been to welcome the addition and throw some slight jabs at “following” A&M.
Instead they bitch, moan, fight it, and then make a spectacle of their insecurity and still end up taking it bent over. It’s so perfectly aggy.

They’ll eventually start with the “following “ bs but everyone will remember their initial gaping vagina behavior

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

They think they can sue the SEC into getting their way, that they’ll win, and there will be no consequences. 

Well…they did buy that junior college law school several years back. Surely some of their good ol boys got their law degrees by now??

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It will be 14-0 or 13-0. Can’t be a 1.

Maybe it was already explained, but if that's the case, why wouldn't aggy just vote "no" to kill it? Obviously not an option, otherwise even aggy would know they could kill it with one "no" vote and wouldn't be tripping over their own dicks like they are. Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet, but...Does. Not. Compute.

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 

On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 

There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 

Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."

Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 

The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

Laughing about stealing a head coach from a school isn't unique to Texas....not a bad take in how we are viewed but that isn't a good detail to support.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol Independent???????? There’s only a small handful of schools in the country that could pull that off and aggy isn’t one of them. Them leaving after we join would be utter recruiting suicide. This already neutralizes their recruiting and gives us a huge bump.

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I don’t know what the future holds and if it will be good or bad, but dammit if it’s not worth aggy showing their red ass to everyone. 

It’s like your crazy ex-wife you never talk bad about for the kids looses her shit and shows everyone what you’ve put up with for 15 years. Just let actions speak for themselves 

Settle down. 

We all know aggys are the finest and friendliest fans in all of college athletics. 

This is just how our “friendly betters” behave. 

Lol.

• Like 1

the NIL news drops and major programs are all looking at each other like this

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b2cxjsh4gabyhrdxnw0c

Getting OU and Texas into the SEC is a way to make sure everyone's asses are covered when these big dogs start making sure the players are paid big. They'll now coordinate amongst each other on some level and not exactly "work together" but make sure each other are covered. If Alabama, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, and Georgia are all doing "it" then it's way harder to pick one off if it was JUST Alabama or Florida or Texas or whatever.

• Like 1

Hopefully I don't make an ass of myself asking this question, but if/when Texas and OU are added to the SEC, would that not give them enough power to basically tell the NCAA to fuck off? I don't know the legality of being an NCAA student athlete, but if the SEC wanted to cut out the NCAA all together, it kind of seems like a significant portion of big players would already be at the table?

One one hand, there is no logical reason for them to leave. On the other hand, aggy. It's a coin flip whether their stupidity or their impotence wins out.
They have been selling a narrative that they're so much better than the old big 12 teams for the past 10 years while doing everything possible to avoid facing them on the field.

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if they're so fixated on being able to continue this narrative without having to face Texas and OU on the field that they might really leave the conference.

Yes, it's unfathomably petty, short-sighted, and against their own best interest, but this is aggy. It's pretty on brand for them.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So are we sure Sharp didn’t know?  (honest question - Finebaum (I know) suggested it and I haven’t seen confirmation one way or another). 

Because Sharp knowing and not telling aggy BOR or AD is somehow even a better narrative for me.  Because if/when it leaks that he knew, he is done.  

I have to believe he knew. The reason he gave in is basically he knows how much they spend on athletics. To keep up they need money. He knows the bs they put out to media about money is a huge lie. 

36 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Are aggy officials really saying they might bail?

They won’t leave… But after the last 72 hours or so of the rest of the football nation seeing the true aggy, who would want them?   The newly formed WAC who took Southland members Sam Houston, SFA, Tarleton, and ACU?   Maybe the Southland?    Lol. Or they can drop down to D2 and play their sister schools from Kingsville, Commerce and Canyon.   I can’t believe any self respecting conference would want these clowns after this.  

How can I tell this has been a total egg on their face?  At least with my Facebook aggy friends  and other off FB, hardly a peep from them.  At least from people who I know follow this stuff pretty hardcore and were just the opposite when they took their toys and went SEC 10 years ago.    Either they’ve seen the total batshitery coming from their side on this and they are embarrassed.   Or they are still in shock….

I have to believe he knew. The reason he gave in is basically he knows how much they spend on athletics. To keep up they need money. He knows the bs they put out to media about money is a huge lie. 
aggy is now the guy who has realized he hates his job, but because he's gotten himself in tremendous debt trying to impress the neighbors, he has to stick around. No one else will pay him what he's making and leaving would require downgrading the "lifestyle" he's financially committed to but can't really afford.

So, aggy is aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

I hope that ends up being the case.  Because at some point, the conference or Sharp will confirm that, and things will get surreal.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

19 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Lol Independent???????? There’s only a small handful of schools in the country that could pull that off and aggy isn’t one of them. Them leaving after we join would be utter recruiting suicide. This already neutralizes their recruiting and gives us a huge bump.

New Mexico St is independent. It is the Aggy way.

17 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

That is one thing I think this move represents: an opportunity for Texas and its fans to embrace the role of heel.  Everyone else is going to hate us anyway.  We may as well enjoy it.  Yes, we’re rich.  Yes, we pay our players (thru NIL).  Yes, we expect to win.  

There's a huge difference between Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee vs Tech, TCU, etc. Half of the SEC are (or think they are... cough, aggy, cough) Texas' equals. OU is our only peer in the Big 12. There's no power imbalance like the Big 12 or even the SWC. 

And before the ISU and TCU fans jump in, this isn't about wins and losses. Despite a crappy decade, Texas is still a massive draw for viewers. OU has won the conference 6 years in a row and yet Texas is still the top draw and the perception is that Texas is calling the shots.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There have been many questions about the timing of this move. It makes total sense. You have to be ahead of the impact of major changes: expanded playoffs, NIL, SEC recruiting momentum, new TV contracts, and the 2022 Texas Governor’s race. The timing is impeccable. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Maybe it was already explained, but if that's the case, why wouldn't aggy just vote "no" to kill it? Obviously not an option, otherwise even aggy would know they could kill it with one "no" vote and wouldn't be tripping over their own dicks like they are. Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet, but...Does. Not. Compute.

They voted No on the first vote, which is the one that matters. This next vote is just for show.