Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

It's going to be great when this young generation of Longhorns, who've had limited interactions with true aggy, get their first real taste of aggy and then say to us who've dealt with them in the past, "I finally understand what you were saying about aggy all these years". 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

From the recruiting thread : Danny kannell said we’re prepared to pay the 76 mil.  Sec in 2022

Of course. Why wouldn’t we? We’ll make that back up with the extra money in the SEC payout by 2025. The idea that the Grant of Rights was ever going to be an impediment has always been dumb and completely unfounded. 

Just now, RabidM said:

Who's going to tell him about the mason jars? 

Or the digital scoreboard on the outside of the stadium for the dead dogs. That is bad enough but even that is overshadowed by the fact that when they were building the Zone and the new outside the stadium scoreboard wasn't yet up but the inside the stadium scoreboard was obscured by the construction they had freshmen corp turds take a chalkboard out, sit by the dead dogs and update the score Tim Russert style.   I knew a guy who had to do it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

in the.... wow this is a crazier than crazy thought....

what if the SEC did decide to honor the gentlemens agreement that other than the 3 states that have 2 teams, there can really only be 1 Texas team?

Aggy gets their wish right?

EXCEPT be careful what you ask for.....

the SEC could just accept Texas as that one team and then asks aTm to leave....   lol   mass insanity ensues....

14 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If I could handcraft a pod to be in would be OU, Arkansas and Ole Miss as our pod mates....never gonna happen that way of course but two old rivals and the hot ass in the Grove every other year.  

Deleted. Will move to pod threads. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

what if the SEC did decide to honor the gentlemens agreement that other than the 3 states that have 2 teams, there can really only be 1 Texas team?

the SEC could just accept Texas as that one team and then asks aTm to leave....   lol   mass insanity ensues....

Animated GIF

I think the most likely pods for competitive balance are....
West:  Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas
Central:  Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State
North:  Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
East:  Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky

Assuming each school plays their own pod plus a home/home with 2 schools from each pod, the schedule every four years would look something like this.  If they help A&M out by not putting them in the same pod with us, make Arkansas the Thanksgiving game.

1:  Noncon
2:  Noncon

3:  Missouri
4:  Ole Miss
5:  Oklahoma
6:  Tennessee
7:  Florida
8:  Noncon
9:  LSU
10: Auburn
11: South Carolina
12: Arkansas

4:  Mississippi State
5: Oklahoma
6:  Vanderbilt
7:  Georgia
9:  Texas A&M
10: Alabama
11:  Kentucky
12:  Arkansas

Edited by fellside

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

image.gif.37fe4400077752c4b14c6862f21ff315.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's going to be great when this young generation of Longhorns, who've had limited interactions with true aggy, get their first real taste of aggy and then say to us who've dealt with them in the past, "I finally understand what you were saying about aggy all these years". 

I see no lies in this post.

8 minutes ago, fellside said:

I think the most likely pods for competitive balance are....
West:  Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas
Central:  Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State
North:  Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
East:  Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky

Assuming each school plays their own pod plus a home/home with 2 schools from each pod, the schedule every four years would look something like this.  If they help A&M out by not putting them in the same pod with us, make Arkansas the Thanksgiving game.

4:  Ole Miss
5:  Oklahoma
6:  Tennessee
7:  Florida
9:  LSU
10: Auburn
11: South Carolina
12: Arkansas

4:  Mississippi State
5: Oklahoma
6:  Vanderbilt
7:  Georgia
9:  Texas A&M
10: Alabama
11:  Kentucky
12:  Arkansas

That number 8 noncon bullshit needs to end with us. 

• Hook 'Em 3

As soon as Sankey talks the Ags off the ledge he will pat them on the head and say good boy.  It’s really a win/win for them.  More money, only true rival back, don’t play Bama every year, and they get to play the victim card.

Prior to joining the sec, aggy's entire identity was based around being a victim of tu.

For 10 years, they've pivoted that identity to being a part of the sec.

In one move, we've offered them the opportunity to live both simultaneously.
tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

Hopefully I don't make an ass of myself asking this question, but if/when Texas and OU are added to the SEC, would that not give them enough power to basically tell the NCAA to fuck off? I don't know the legality of being an NCAA student athlete, but if the SEC wanted to cut out the NCAA all together, it kind of seems like a significant portion of big players would already be at the table?

Don't know if you've gotten a reply yet, but yes, the SEC is now more powerful than the NCAA. NCAA gets ass beaten every time someone takes them to court, and they lost a ton of power when NIL became legal. Their primary function was to keep players from getting paid. Somewhere, about 23rd on the list was academic integrity. First time they try to sanction an SEC school, the SEC tells them to FOAD, cause they're dropping NCAA affiliation. NCAA says NCAA schools can't play against SEC teams and the other major conferences drop out. 

Basically, that means they aren't going to sanction SEC teams, cause the NCAA is scared of the SEC now. Their primary function for the next five years is trying to see if they can still exist so they can pay the executives. They may still be able to carve out a niche sanctioning Bowling Green for handing out puffy stickers to prospects, but that's about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Richard Kimball said:

Don't know if you've gotten a reply yet, but yes, the SEC is now more powerful than the NCAA. NCAA gets ass beaten every time someone takes them to court, and they lost a ton of power when NIL became legal. Their primary function was to keep players from getting paid. Somewhere, about 23rd on the list was academic integrity. First time they try to sanction an SEC school, the SEC tells them to FOAD, cause they're dropping NCAA affiliation. NCAA says NCAA schools can't play against SEC teams and the other major conferences drop out. 

Basically, that means they aren't going to sanction SEC teams, cause the NCAA is scared of the SEC now. Their primary function for the next five years is trying to see if they can still exist so they can pay the executives. They may still be able to carve out a niche sanctioning Bowling Green for handing out puffy stickers to prospects, but that's about it. 

Thanks for the answer, and this was exactly my thinking. If the NCAA tries any shit with an SEC school at this point, they're powerless, and in reality I kind of see it as an XFL with more money centered around regional schools than anything. I think this morning is finally when I was able to comprehend how much of a monumental shift this is, more than the aggie with egg on their face spectacle currently on-going.

• Hook 'Em 1

The reality is the opposite of what aggy told the world....
- they were the only school that demanded they keep their share of the orphan 5 money
- then they left early so they would have the last home game
- we tried to get them a 50% share of a tv network which they shit on
- billboards showing their ass in waco, dallas and houston
- then they blamed the LHN, even though they announced their "standing offer" 18 months before the LHN
- when challenged for examples of our repression they foam at the mouth and go cornholio
- along with smu they fedexed their way in to probation that got themselves kicked off tv which killed the SWC
- legislation to force us to play them after they left (you will allow your former spouse to fuck you)
- legislation to stop the move to PAC when the SWC was breaking up
- pitched a fit when we were going to the PAC the second time after we got Stanford and Cal to agree to allow the jackboots in
- and now legislation to stop the move to the SEC - you can't do what we did
and that's just the highlights of the bullshit in last 40 years
the list goes on and on and on, and finally, finally, the rest of the country outside secrant is getting a taste

This needs to be shared everywhere those twats are whining.
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Of course. Why wouldn’t we? We’ll make that back up with the extra money in the SEC payout by 2025. The idea that the Grant of Rights was ever going to be an impediment has always been dumb and completely unfounded. 

There's no way it'll be anywhere close to $76 million.  The GOR is just another negotiation, like the exit penalties before them.  It'll cost peanuts to exit when we choose.

2 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So are we sure Sharp didn’t know?  (honest question - Finebaum (I know) suggested it and I haven’t seen confirmation one way or another). 

Because Sharp knowing and not telling aggy BOR or AD is somehow even a better narrative for me.  Because if/when it leaks that he knew, he is done.  

I would also prefer that he knew. It would neuter any argument they have against the SEC SEC SEC.

Occam's razor...do you think this jizz jar loving red ass aggy could keep that secret for 5 seconds?

Sharp_John-240x300-1.jpg

Sharp-portrait-1.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

so just for a recap to make sure I have everything so far:

Texas and OU look to be making the move to the sec

Everyone says OU is let looking to the future but that UT is heartless and evil even though they are both leaving in the exact same way

everything was done in secret thru a law firm for a few months at least, a deal could be very close

SEC leadership totally left Mizzou and aggy out of the discussion and agreed to work on the deal with UT effectively behind aggy and mizzous back because of their Col. Sanders, mint julep country gentleman’s hand shake which supposedly gave aggy power over UT and OU entering the league

*Sharp and the Aggie president new about it but had to keep their AD in the dark according to Finebaum.

Aggy finds out thru the board of regents meeting where the plans were revealed either thru necessity or by a leaker

Aggy didn’t take it well, news gets to The Chronicle and we have a report that causes Texags to crash. 

Big Xii finds out and loses their shit since the remaining 8 are essentially fucked. Some of us feel bad for OSU and KSU, but not many.

aggy throws a huge apoplectic public tantrum where they insinuate they are going to look into to how to respond to such an outrage possibly by moving conferences, blocking in TX legislator or suing the SEC in gentleman's court for being naughty.   

Am I missing anything?

We also felt bad for ISU.