Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

12 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Hahahahhaha this is absolute pure comedy. My god, they got their pants pulled down and spanked in public. So instead of pulling their pants up and moving on, they chose to take off their pants entirely, shit into them and then wear those pants as a hat  

^^^  Solid Fuckin' Gold... Well Done RGBIII  !!!   ^^^

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Who is this douce   Is this part of the bargaining phase ?

42E0E747-39CF-41C3-A296-A336CB87DC78.thumb.png.2ded83bc04bb2de4eed70e4d9a6232ae.png
So is this the pr slogan they're going to adopt?

They do realize how incredibly transparent it is, right?

One Texas team is enough!

Why?

...uhhh...because it will hurt aggy.

Why should Texas or the sec use that to guide decisions?

...uhhh...One Texas team is enough!
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

All of this is pretty calculated.  I think we’re gold.  The only part they didn’t account for was aggy hissy fit.  

Vandy will be happy to have someone else that can read good b

Apparently Vandy already had a school that could read much better than us and then another school that can read just about as well as us...

Then a couple stragglers that had kids who could probably also read.

US News & World Report College Rankings:

TOP 50 Colleges/Universities:

#14 (tie) Vanderbilt University -1-
#30 (tie) University of Florida -2-
#42 (tie) University of Texas at Austin -3-
#47 (tie) University of Georgia -4-

-1- Vanderbilt is tied @ #14 with:
*Brown University

-2- Florida is tied @ #30 with:
*New York University (NYU)
*Tufts University
*University of California at Santa Barbara

-3- Texas is tied @ #42 with:
*Boston University
*Brandeis University
*Case Western Reserve University
*University of Wisconsin at Madison

-4- Georgia is tied @ #47 with:
*University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

--------------------------------------------
TOP 51-100

#66 (tie) Texas A&M University -5-

-5- aggy is tied with:
*Fordham University
*George Washington University
*Loyola Marymount University
*Southern Methodist University

#97 (tie) Auburn University -6-

-6- Auburn is tied with:
*University of Arizona
*University of California at Merced
*University of California at Santa Cruz
*University of Delaware
*University of Utah

28 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Now let's show the part where they put the press conference too close to the demolition and swamped everyone with construction particulate...

I was looking for that one.  But the music was too Caddyshack perfect on the other.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

aggy is now the guy who has realized he hates his job, but because he's gotten himself in tremendous debt trying to impress the neighbors, he has to stick around. No one else will pay him what he's making and leaving would require downgrading the "lifestyle" he's financially committed to but can't really afford.

So, aggy is aggy.

Hey fuck you man. (Less the debt part)

6 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

42E0E747-39CF-41C3-A296-A336CB87DC78.png

He’s a UT grad who hates Texas because they investigated him for sending inappropriate messages and pictures to a student. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2018/12/18/ut-released-records-related-investigation-charles-schwertner/amp/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I think the buyout is a ruse.  In 2020 the Big XII generated $400M in TV revenue.  That money is paid out from ESPN/ABC or whoever the contract with the conference is with.  So how in the world would ESPN expect Texas and OU to payout $76M when they will be paying us $60M in 2023 and if we go over in 2022 well over $45M? It seems like they would Be happy to take care of this based on the viewership and ad revenue they will receive from having Texas and OU for their SEC games. 

51 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

And one of those victories took 2000 overtimes....and they put it on shirts

It was cups man. They put it on cups. 

8 minutes ago, millhouse said:

So when we make the move do we get to put a bullshit billboard in collie station claiming its annexation by the Longhorn Nation and touting our academic standing and program cleanliness?

That seems like it’s been done before. I’m sure the geniuses who came up with that wouldn’t want to use the same material twice. 

Besides the obvious answer is orange billboard and white lettering that just says “Daddy’s Home.”

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

Just now, Red Five said:

"Aggy led the way to the SEC, the strongest conference!".

Um I wonder if they are aware that we could have joined that conference at the time of our choosing any time over the past oh 50 years or so. 

Now you are trying to reason with their logic....don't do that, don't ever do that to yourself.

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I think the buyout is a ruse.  In 2020 the Big XII generated $400M in TV revenue.  That money is paid out from ESPN/ABC or whoever the contract with the conference is with.  So how in the world would ESPN expect Texas and OU to payout $76M when they will be paying us $60M in 2023 and if we go over in 2022 well over $45M? It seems like they would Be happy to take care of this based on the viewership and ad revenue they will receive from having Texas and OU for their SEC games. 

Don't forget the folding of the LHN into that equation. Saves ESPN 15 mil a year and cuts out staff and productions costs. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

For the outside looking in, you can’t understand it.  

so, there ya go

1 hour ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

To share the pain with the players duh

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Back when it was an all male school, this little tradition developed where the fans/students squeeze their nuts to feel the same pain the team is feeling by playing hard.  As with all things aggy, it’s weird because it started when they were basically a giant frat for wayward youth but they treat their traditions as dogma. 
Yes this is a serious post. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a tradition. They squeeze their balls so they share the pain of the fighting Texas aggies on the field. Yes, I’m being serious. 

Spoiler

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was cups man. They put it on cups. 

That seems like it’s been done before. I’m sure the geniuses who came up with that wouldn’t want to use the same material twice. 

Besides the obvious answer is orange billboard and white lettering that just says “Daddy’s Home.”

It was cups and shirts, they never miss a chance at shirts

20 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

42E0E747-39CF-41C3-A296-A336CB87DC78.png

You mean this guy?

https://nypost.com/2018/09/26/state-senator-accused-of-sexting-grad-student-sending-penis-pic/

Three senior officials at the university told the Austin American-Statesman that the school was probing the allegations against state Sen. Charles Schwertner, who met the graduate student at an on-campus event this summer. The student told the married Republican she was interested in politics, particularly working at the Legislature, prompting them to exchange messages on LinkedIn before taking the conversation to text message, two officials told the newspaper.

Schwertner, 48, then interrupted an otherwise professional exchange regarding the student’s political career with a blunt disclosure, writing, “I just really want to f–k you” and sent an image of his genitals apparently taken in a shower, according to a university official who had seen the graphic exchange. The lewd picture did not include the lawmaker’s face.

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

West Pod - Texas, Aggy, LSU, Arkiesaw
North Pod - 0U, Mizzou, Kentucky, Vandy
South Pod - Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State
East Pod - Tennessee, SC, Georgia, Fla

Yeah, no. That would give OU by far the easiest path to winning the conference. They’d be guaranteed to win their pod every season. Not that Bama’s pod there is too tough, but Auburn and Miss St at least put together decent seasons every now and then
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't have a link specifically to where FCB said it, but apparently we are way ahead of any legislative interference on this one.

This is exactly what I'd expect to happen, but if it's Chip Brown reporting it, then it's probably bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah, no. That would give OU by far the easiest path to winning the conference. They’d be guaranteed to win their pod every season. Not that Bama’s pod there is too tough, but Auburn and Miss St at least put together decent seasons every now and then

It's easy to forget Mizzou has won the SEC Least division twice, but yeah, that pod is laughable with also-rans, UK and Vandy.

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 
On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 
There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 
Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."
Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 
The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

They hate us because they want to be us but cannot. So they find other losers to craft a narrative with and blame us for every ill and failure of their own making. They are basically chavez’s Venezuela of the world. Rice is like Canada. Yeah they are in our shadow, have accepted it, and carved out a nice existence by focusing on what they do best instead of whining about us.
  • Hook 'Em 5

As soon as Sankey talks the Ags off the ledge he will pat them on the head and say good boy.  It’s really a win/win for them.  More money, only true rival back, don’t play Bama every year, and they get to play the victim card.  

Said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s so bitchass that “they don’t have to play Bama every year” is a consolation to them. Isn’t playing them kinda the point of playing in a big boy conference? It’s the only reason I don’t love the pods idea. I wish we got Bama every year. If you can’t beat them in the regular season, then you weren’t going to win a national championship anyway.

50 minutes ago, stork642 said:

As soon as Sankey talks the Ags off the ledge he will pat them on the head and say good boy.  It’s really a win/win for them.  More money, only true rival back, don’t play Bama every year, and they get to play the victim card.  

He'll probably forge a new Gentleman's Agreement:  The sports teams rebrand as Texas A&M-Dubai. 

"We want to be the only SEC program representing the world!"

Edited by clapclapclap
And gets them in the east division....

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Schwertner, 48, then interrupted an otherwise professional exchange regarding the student’s political career with a blunt disclosure, writing, “I just really want to f–k you” and sent an image of his genitals apparently taken in a shower, according to a university official who had seen the graphic exchange. The lewd picture did not include the lawmaker’s face.

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I can’t believe that it took me by surprise, but the aggy combination of impotent rage, lack of self awareness, and complete inability to read the room actually shocked me.  Must be a decade out of practice. 

They other schools’ reps and legs are just pandering for votes and scrambling for what benefits them.  Not surprising that they’ll work any angle - they’re desperate. 

But aggy is actually going to make money, gets a high chair at the adults table, and yet they feel betrayed and a minority (however sizeable) is willing to torpedo their football future over it by walking away.  

Just jaw-dropping in its childishness and stupidity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s so bitchass that “they don’t have to play Bama every year” is a consolation to them. Isn’t playing them kinda the point of playing in a big boy conference? It’s the only reason I don’t love the pods idea. I wish we got Bama every year. If you can’t beat them in the regular season, then you weren’t going to win a national championship anyway.

Just like aggy to say come play with the big boys and at least we don't have to play Bama every year at the same time.